Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes

Guardian Hope

Guardian Hope

Installation Issue Update for Kodi Jarvis (Official Release) Users

It has come to my attention (through a rather obnoxious poster on the Kodi forums that posted one word) that the installation issue may be a result of the reference to "script.duration" which no longer appears to be in Kodi's Jarvis repository. Further investigation into this will take place before a patch release is made.

@@im85288, I was going to PM you to see what exactly that script handled and if there is a replacement for it but I am running late. When you have the time can you shoot me a PM?

im85288

Hi, yes you can safely remove the script as the functionality has been replaced with what is now in the skin helper script.

Basically what it does is convert duration to a more readable format. Eg 1 Hour 25 mins, instead of 85 mins

Cheers

• Like 1

hifiaudio2

Thanks for continuing this!  Just found it today, as I just now updated to Jarvis from the Play Store on my Shield... 

Question.. I am customizing menus and setting a different widget for Movies, TV shows, Kids Movies, and Kids TV shows.    I am selecting (Video playlist)  Emby movies,  (video playlist)  Emby TV shows,  kids shows,etc....

1. What is the difference in the (video playlist)  selections and the other ones? 

2.  Is there any way to randomize the movies when selecting these playlists?  They are showing in alphabetical order only.

I see a random movie option on another widget selection, but I dont believe those selections allow me to customize that I want the movies to display ONLY from the kids section, etc.

Thanks again!!

Guardian Hope
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes 

February Hotfix #02

This is a patch release to address the installation issue resulting from the drop of a previously supported dependency in Kodi Jarvis 16. Changelog attached to this post. If you have further installation issues, please let me know so that I may fix it before I start work on the big "Spring Update."

Download Sources

Available via Emby Repository for Kodi Jarvis

Available via GitHub (Link in first post!)

Changelog:

3.2.02 (3.2.02_bsrelease01) - "From Ashes Bluestone 3.2.02"
Arctic Zephyr: From Ashes "Hotfix 3.2.02"
Resolves Installation Issue in Public Kodi Jarvis Release
Removes "script.duration" legacy code
Info Screen Length Now Handled By Skin Helper Service

Edited by Guardian Hope

papadcha

@@Guardian Hope I think in your future update is to fix the issue in music dialog and place it in the left edge of screen,(see picture  I had post before) and also to make pictures dialog same as other dialogs in the left edge of screen. I also think that you must remove the fake fonts for movie, series. If you wish I should try to change them and also if you wish I should try to change the horizontal menu to be similar to the change I made for vertical (Not sure I can).

Have you find out why suddenly the colors aren't change in color picker? The color code is change but the color same the same.

Btw I was downloaded from github and tried to install it from zip file but twice it was stuck to 19%. Finally I was install it the manual way copying folder to the add ons folder. The Kodi Jarvis was clear from other add ons and for dependencies I use Emby beta repo, and the system is Mac OS X 10.11.

That's for now.

rcarteraz

Just installed this skin on my new Fire TV yesterday. I have been a big fan of Artic Zephyr so was pleased when I came across this.

Edit: Realized I had a question about something. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but the widget I've selected for movies is "Movie Spotlight" however after saving it just shows general "Spotlight" I have to actually press up and change it to movies. It doesn't seem to stick. My only issue with this is the general spotlight mixes tv and movies, which I'd rather not have. Am I suppose to do anything else?

Edited by rcarteraz

Guardian Hope

@@Guardian Hope I think in your future update is to fix the issue in music dialog and place it in the left edge of screen,(see picture  I had post before) and also to make pictures dialog same as other dialogs in the left edge of screen. I also think that you must remove the fake fonts for movie, series. If you wish I should try to change them and also if you wish I should try to change the horizontal menu to be similar to the change I made for vertical (Not sure I can).

Have you find out why suddenly the colors aren't change in color picker? The color code is change but the color same the same.

Btw I was downloaded from github and tried to install it from zip file but twice it was stuck to 19%. Finally I was install it the manual way copying folder to the add ons folder. The Kodi Jarvis was clear from other add ons and for dependencies I use Emby beta repo, and the system is Mac OS X 10.11.

That's for now.

@padpacha - Music is definitely next up on the list of things to get working properly and enhanced so to an experience that everyone (like yourself) would like to see. I'm actually surprised by how many people use Kodi for music - I normally just open up iTunes and call it a day since my home is prewired with a sound system among other things for music enjoyment in and outside. I feel bad sort of leaving the music folks in the cold right now but as you can imagine - a lot of little issues seem to be cropping up right now. In fact, 3.2.03 is going to be released this week to address a few concerns.

If you believe you can get a semblance of what you'd like to see in AZ:FA for music then by all means, I encourage it. Naturally, I'll give it a once over before full implementation but that could hold people over in meantime since 3.2.1 focuses heavily on making sure everything is off of legacy code.

As to GitHub, the zip file is, I'm sure you know, a little tricky since GitHub appends "-master" to the internal folder and Kodi expects the folder to be "arctic.zephyr.fromashes" and not "arctic.zephyr.fromashes-master." Unfortunately, there's no way to change how GitHub outputs the file so only the Emby repo and the Enterprise CDN have the zip that can be installed without intervention.

If it's not that, a log file may help. I don't know what type of Mac you have but I have a Macbook Pro (mid-2010) 13" model which is a lot slower than my normal computers that are equipped with either Xeon or Intel Core i7 processors so it takes a considerable time to install on my own Mac. It does run OS X 10.11 as well though. I just haven't had a reason to replace it - Mac's don't seem to die and it serves its purpose.

Lastly, someone was kind enough to submit a fix for the color picker which will be implemented in in 3.2.03 going out this week. Please do note that the 3.2.03 branch on GitHub doesn't have the changes put in yet; only the addon version and changelog were updated until I can pull the changes to my Windows system.

Just installed this skin on my new Fire TV yesterday. I have been a big fan of Artic Zephyr so was pleased when I came across this.

Edit: Realized I had a question about something. Maybe I'm doing it wrong but the widget I've selected for movies is "Movie Spotlight" however after saving it just shows general "Spotlight" I have to actually press up and change it to movies. It doesn't seem to stick. My only issue with this is the general spotlight mixes tv and movies, which I'd rather not have. Am I suppose to do anything else?

@@rcarteraz - first, thank you and congratulations on rediscovering this great skin. Naturally, it's a significant work in progress but it's chugging a long quite nicely. I haven't personally played with any widgets yet whatsoever so aside from a view problem I wouldn't know yet. As problems are getting addressed, I am sure that if this is an issue it will be taken care of in due time. The next major update is 3.2.1 which should remove all legacy code from the theme and replace it with new and proper code but if it's still not functioning I can take a deeper look into it. 

MischaBoender

Lastly, someone was kind enough to submit a fix for the color picker which will be implemented in in 3.2.03 going out this week.

Looking forward to the update! Big thank you!

Guardian Hope

Have you tried just setting movie spotlight by pressing up on your remote until you see this and selecting "Movie Spotlight:"

83ziNgh.jpg

After hitting "ok" or the equivalent on your remote just move back down:

pCsBArt.jpg

This seemed to work for me and the settings did stick but please note that Emby wasn't running at the time either (I didn't really feel like booting up Ubuntu in vCloud).

​Now as embarrassing as this is for me: I honestly don't know where the color picker in this theme is found in the settings. Would someone so kindly point me to where it is so I can test out the new version :o (I really just use the blue color exclusively).

im85288

​Now as embarrassing as this is for me: I honestly don't know where the color picker in this theme is found in the settings. Would someone so kindly point me to where it is so I can test out the new version :o (I really just use the blue color exclusively).

If you go to change the main highlight or second highlight colour the picker should come up :)

rcarteraz

Have you tried just setting movie spotlight by pressing up on your remote until you see this and selecting "Movie Spotlight:"

83ziNgh.jpg

After hitting "ok" or the equivalent on your remote just move back down:

pCsBArt.jpg

This seemed to work for me and the settings did stick but please note that Emby wasn't running at the time either (I didn't really feel like booting up Ubuntu in vCloud).

Thanks for responding.. Yes,  I've tried doing this however the it doesn't seem to save. Whenever Kodi is restarted, it reverts back.

Guardian Hope

Thanks for responding.. Yes,  I've tried doing this however the it doesn't seem to save. Whenever Kodi is restarted, it reverts back.

@@rcarteraz, I will definitely look into this then for the "Spring Update" (that's the really big one; not the upcoming hotfix unless I can narrow down the issue really quickly).

I'm just waiting for a few responses on the Kodi forums as well as running a few tests on my own systems before releasing the next hotfix.

IMDB250 may be removed from the skin. I don't know how many of you use it so I will leave this for popular vote. I'll also have to tag in @@im85288 to see if it's integral to it. The reason for removing it would be because there are many non-Emby users interested in AZ:FA and IMDB250 is only in the Emby repository so while most understand they can just pull the Emby Beta Repo others don't understand that they don't technically need Emby for it (I just strongly encourage the use of Emby).

papadcha

@@Guardian Hope - minus0 (from Kodi Forum) Neither in my installatation the colorpicker works. Mac OS X 10.11 

To be more specific the values of colour changes (as the old script) but the colour doesn't change.

ronO99

@@papadcha

From minus0. Been communicating with Guardian Hope about the ColourPicker problem. I informed him that I am running AZ:FA on Windows 10, and I am not having any issues with the ColourPicker. Guardian Hope is checking on this issue.

I do not run Emby on my machine, so I don't know if it presents a problem?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

MischaBoender
Think I have a small skin related issue. When I go into the episode view for a TV Show I only have my unwatched episodes, so a lot of times this is just 1 episode. When I've wachted it Kodi returns to the episode view and shows the "Loading" indicator, but as there are no more unwatched episodes, it just keeps on loading until I press "Back".

Guardian Hope

@@Guardian Hope - minus0 (from Kodi Forum) Neither in my installatation the colorpicker works. Mac OS X 10.11 

To be more specific the values of colour changes (as the old script) but the colour doesn't change.

@@papadcha - Can you set Kodi's log level to debug and then very specifically go in and try to change the accents; then close Kodi and attach the log? You can turn off debug log level afterwards.

I am going to reexamine the script of the color selector, perhaps it is suffering from an accidental space somewhere. Notepad++ has been known to do that but it's better at saving work than Adobe Dreamweaver.

I haven't had the time as business has kept me busy to actually take a look.

@@papadcha

From minus0. Been communicating with Guardian Hope about the ColourPicker problem. I informed him that I am running AZ:FA on Windows 10, and I am not having any issues with the ColourPicker. Guardian Hope is checking on this issue.

I do not run Emby on my machine, so I don't know if it presents a problem?

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

This would be really interesting of Emby was interfering but I doubt it. If you could @@ronO99, perform the same debug steps above and attach the log file. It might help isolate the problem. It's why 3.2.03 has been so delayed. I want to fix this in the next hotfix and not the spring update.

Think I have a small skin related issue. When I go into the episode view for a TV Show I only have my unwatched episodes, so a lot of times this is just 1 episode. When I've wachted it Kodi returns to the episode view and shows the "Loading" indicator, but as there are no more unwatched episodes, it just keeps on loading until I press "Back".

@@MischaBoender - Several things could be leading to this behavior. First, the skin does have the option to show unwatched only. You cam fix that by accessing the views setting (the same one used for changing from detail to list, etc.) and selecting to show all. I believe it may also be available in Kodi's settings. Finally, Emby Server I believe has an option to hide watched but don't quote me on that one.

MischaBoender

@@MischaBoender - Several things could be leading to this behavior. First, the skin does have the option to show unwatched only. You cam fix that by accessing the views setting (the same one used for changing from detail to list, etc.) and selecting to show all. I believe it may also be available in Kodi's settings. Finally, Emby Server I believe has an option to hide watched but don't quote me on that one.

Let me try to be a little more clear. There's no issue with the "show unwatched only", it's the loading indicator that is displayed "permanently" when I've watched the last episode in a show.

Guardian Hope

Let me try to be a little more clear. There's no issue with the "show unwatched only", it's the loading indicator that is displayed "permanently" when I've watched the last episode in a show.

So you have it intentionally set to only display "unwatched episodes"? I think that's where my confusion lied as it sounded to me that it was just displaying only unwatched episodes and that was your problem.

Based on what you described this might be something that has a planned fix for the Spring Update where all the legacy scripts are replaced by the modern scripts. That's most of what seems to be plaguing the problem with AZ:FA. Fortunately, I have a program that can go through all of AZ:FA's directories and change what I need it to change now in all the files.

However, in the meantime I would suggest switching it over to show all episodes so that it doesn't hang at a perpetual loading screen. I do apologize for that.

Failed to install directly from .zip.

Unable to download beta repo because links are dead.

Here you go: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5.zip

They apparently made a typo in that thread. I will keep the link up-to-date in the From Ashes thread as well now because of that oversight.

MrWebsmith

im still getting an "installation failed" error when trying to add this skin to a new jarvis install.. is there a log i can provide to help you?

MischaBoender

However, in the meantime I would suggest switching it over to show all episodes so that it doesn't hang at a perpetual loading screen. I do apologize for that.

No need to apologize, this is still the best skin!

I'll just work around the issue until THE update.

• Like 1

Angelblue05

Here you go: http://www.mb3admin.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5.zip

They apparently made a typo in that thread. I will keep the link up-to-date in the From Ashes thread as well now because of that oversight.

Sorry about that. I failed copied/paste the repo link. It's been updated. However you should know that we no longer use mb3admin.com url.

The new links are:

[stable] http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-repo/repository.emby.kodi-1.0.3.zip

[beta] http://embydata.com/downloads/addons/xbmb3c/kodi-beta-repo/repository.beta.emby.kodi-1.0.5.zip

Also note, you can also install the repo straight within Kodi, without side-loading: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/32196-new-fresh-install-method-no-side-loading/

Edited by Angelblue05
  • Like 1

Guardian Hope

im still getting an "installation failed" error when trying to add this skin to a new jarvis install.. is there a log i can provide to help you?

@@MrWebsmith - Absolutely. Just set Kodi's log level to debug, restart Kodi (so you get a new log file) and try to install the skin. Then attach the log file here. I have a feeling there was a "dependency creep" from the last set of back-ports. I have to review the blacklist of plugins but it should hopefully be that *knocks on wood.*

Unfortunately, right now I am waiting for the new 40GbE Line Cards for one of my vSphere Servers so I can test a fresh install (the cards should be here today but UPS is pretty late). Once I track it down a hotfix will be released.

MrWebsmith

thanks.. i did manage to get the skin installed by extracting the zip contents and moving to the addons folder.. so im good at this point, but i agree there must be something in the dependencies thats not right or relies on another skin to already be there that i didnt have