Status of Tizen

KRA

The 1.0.11 release is still sitting in "waiting to launch". This is the part about the Samsung app store that is not so great. It's very primitive and it looks like a lot of their processes are done manually. Hopefully today it goes through.

MSattler

The 1.0.11 release is still sitting in "waiting to launch". This is the part about the Samsung app store that is not so great. It's very primitive and it looks like a lot of their processes are done manually. Hopefully today it goes through.

This is just the release with fixes for the 2015 tv's right?

Correct. We may have found the issue with 2016 models thanks to a breakthough, so that is good news. Unfortunately another limitation with the samsung store is that i can't push a new build for testing until the current one clears all the way through. so we're going as fast as we can.

• Like 1

Good news. 1.0.11 has been released to the store. Also, we think we've resolved the remaining 2016 issues so we're going to immediately submit another update for testing.

Enjoy.

• Like 4

MSattler

Good news. 1.0.11 has been released to the store. Also, we think we've resolved the remaining 2016 issues so we're going to immediately submit another update for testing.

Enjoy.

Am going camping for the weekend starting Fri, so I predict it will come out midnight Thursday heh.

=)

dannieboiz

FWIW I got an email about Tizen Emby so I jumped on and grabbed the app. I get black screens on the first 2 movies I tried to play. No way to get out of the app without switching inputs. 

• Like 2

Any luck getting the app into the EU store? I have a 2016 model ready for testing, but really miss the app in the EU store :(

• Like 1

moonloop

"Just tried the app on a 2015 HU8550 UHD. Emby loads, navigates and looks great, except nothing plays. Select play & you get a spinner then black screen. Exit takes you back to Emby. Tried many videos, none worked."

Exact same issue for me on a UN55JS8500.

I updated to 1.0.11 and still have the same issue. Edited by moonloop

It's a 2015, but not Tizen from what I'm seeing on the Samsung website.  There are some entry level TVs as they describe which are still Orsay (J4200, J5200, J5300)

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/owners/product/UN32J5205AFXZA

@@johnlo317 try installing the SmartHub app instead using the 2014 H-Series instruction.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=277344

But switch the IP address to 82.27.106.58 as the current beta is pretty nice.

• Like 1

There's an interesting comment on the blog about the 1.0.11 update:

Got the 1.0.11 update after loading the previous one that black screened. Still black screened and got terribly slow. So I reset SmartHub in Menu Setting of TV and reloaded the app. Got the infamous Samsung "unable to download error 502". Pulled the TV plug for about 5 min. Turned off the DLNA server that never worked with the TV anyway. Powered up TV. Downloaded Emby again. Eureka !!!! Works beautiful now. Yeah, Yeah, I mixed two fixes. But the long awaited works. Thank you Luke.
  • Like 3

Lyfesaver

I have a UN60JU6500 and I found the app (ver 1.0.11) and not only will it not play saved media or live TV (black screen) but not everything is looking like it should, I dont think.

While waiting for the guide to propagate you see this:

57c8b37e94d3f_20160901_1523310.jpg

You see the date is chopped off. And once in the guide it looks like this:

57c8b3bcae8c2_20160901_152338.jpg

It is also pretty slow.

I did unplug my TV and let it sit and reboot like the other user suggested. I have DLNA turned off in Emby and never set it up with the TV.

Thanks, I'm actually surprised you're seeing the guide at all. It is supposed to be hidden so I will double check that. Does the rest of the app look normal apart from not playing?

• Like 1

Lyfesaver

Thanks, I'm actually surprised you're seeing the guide at all. It is supposed to be hidden so I will double check that. Does the rest of the app look normal apart from not playing?

Yeah it looks beautiful. The Windows, XB, Web, etc style that y'all use is awesome. And I like that you have gotten it to this app too. Very nice. Just wish this one worked (and had the guide).

CBers

Also try resetting Smarthub. That worked for me.

That's a big step, as if you do that, you lose all installed apps etc.

• Like 1

moonloop

Also try resetting Smarthub. That worked for me.

That's a big step, as if you do that, you lose all installed apps etc.

Yeah, I'm not willing to do that...

I wonder why the reset is making a difference. Is it possible that it's triggering a system update after the reset is complete?

Yeah it looks beautiful. The Windows, XB, Web, etc style that y'all use is awesome. And I like that you have gotten it to this app too. Very nice. Just wish this one worked (and had the guide).

Can you grab the first mp4 listed here:

http://download.blen...ckbunny_movies/

Add it to your library, then try playing it from the app? thanks.