Status of Tizen

KRA

horstepipe

Why don't you just publish the file so we can install it with the SDK until it is released in Europe...? You don't have to give support for that method.

• Like 1

drschlaumeier

>this is from 2015, not 2016

Yes, sure from 2015 but its working on my Samsung JS8080 with Tizen.

So, I would need tizen emby app to install  on my samsung using the mentioned method.

Our update for 2016 models has been stuck in review for 3 weeks now unfortunately. Not much we can do other than wait. I have tried emailing them to prod them but it looks like they are overhauling their developer website and have put reviews on hold temporarily. The good news is that during this time we have been approved for worldwide release, the developer portal only lets us do one thing at a time so I can't request testing on European models until the current release is completed.

• Like 4

Yay, we are approved for 2016 devices, now the app is waiting for launch and hopefully Samsung will do that within the next 24 hours.

This update will still have some playback issues, as soon as they've released it I will immediately submit another update, and this is going to be a great update that will allow the app to direct play pretty much everything.

• Like 4

Just FYI - it didn't appear for me in a search in the apps section but, if you go into the "Video" category and scroll over, it is there :).

• Like 1

Still getting a black screen anytime I play anything, and I have tried all the tips and tricks from the forum.

As Luke mentioned earlier - another update after this one is required to improve that.  Thanks for your patience while we deal with the glacial movement of these stores.

• Like 1

Lyfesaver

As Luke mentioned earlier - another update after this one is required to improve that.  Thanks for your patience while we deal with the glacial movement of these stores.

My apologies, I must have missed it.

MSattler

1.0.13 has launched. It's now in the store for users in the USA for 2015 and 2016 models.

Playing well on my KS8000. Direct Streaming because of the audio, but all in all works really well so far.

What are the audio limitations via the optical output?

Good job on this!

MSattler

1.0.13 has launched. It's now in the store for users in the USA for 2015 and 2016 models.

Playing well on my KS8000. Direct Streaming because of the audio, but all in all works really well so far.

What are the audio limitations via the optical output?

Good job on this!

MSattler

If you just uncheck remember me then you'll have to login the next time. is that what you mean?

Yeah. I must of missed the checkbox. Will try that.

Just for an update, we are currently going through the process to get released worldwide. As soon as that is finished we'll submit a really nice update that will improve the app to direct play just about everything you throw at it.

• Like 3

drschlaumeier

GREAT! AWESOME! You are heros!

Finally! Cannot wait anymore :-)

After receiving this I will definitely donate!

Edited by drschlaumeier

rigo8582

I got it working on my KS8000. Question about audio I have files that are 5.1 AC3 or AAC many of them will only do Stereo PCM. I do have some files that will push Dolby Digital 5.1. The only difference I can see is that the bitrates are little different. I'm also using ARC with my AVR, would using toslink be a better option?

Is it possible to add a delete media option in this app?

SamES

Try setting the options in the TV setting menu under Sound->Expert Settings

Set HDMI Audio format to bitstream, and Audio Format to Dolby or DTS to suit the source, otherwise this TV only appears to output PCM via ARC.  I find that if I set it to DTS for a DTS track, then Dolby outputs to PCM.  If I then select Dolby for 5.1 playback, then DTS tracks output as PCM.  I haven't found a way for this TV to auto select DTS or Dolby based on the format which is a bit painful to say the least.

The other thing to be aware of is that the current store version of this app is most likely transcoding audio on all formats as it uses the HTML5 video player, so you really may only be getting 2 channel audio.  Check your server to see if it is transcoding during playback.

The next release to the store uses the Samsung native avplayer and pretty much plays every format as Direct Play without transcoding.  You should find this to be much better.

• Like 1

Yeah, I had similar issues using the return channel with my new TV.  It would not actually bitstream through from my Shield.  So I went back to hooking the Shield directly to the AVR and then out to the TV.

rigo8582

Try setting the options in the TV setting menu under Sound->Expert Settings

Set HDMI Audio format to bitstream, and Audio Format to Dolby or DTS to suit the source, otherwise this TV only appears to output PCM via ARC.  I find that if I set it to DTS for a DTS track, then Dolby outputs to PCM.  If I then select Dolby for 5.1 playback, then DTS tracks output as PCM.  I haven't found a way for this TV to auto select DTS or Dolby based on the format which is a bit painful to say the least.

The other thing to be aware of is that the current store version of this app is most likely transcoding audio on all formats as it uses the HTML5 video player, so you really may only be getting 2 channel audio.  Check your server to see if it is transcoding during playback.

The next release to the store uses the Samsung native avplayer and pretty much plays every format as Direct Play without transcoding.  You should find this to be much better.

I have my output as bitstream. I think the files that will output DD5.1 are in .mp4. I think the ones that won't do it are .mkv now that I think of it. I'll check it when I get home and see if it thats the deal.