Status of Tizen

KRA

moonloop

I downloaded 1.0.15 plays well, but, the status at the bottom with cover art, progress bar, etc, won't clear. Stays on the duration of whatever I am watching. Samsung JS8500.

• Like 1

theantioch

I downloaded 1.0.15 plays well, but, the status at the bottom with cover art, progress bar, etc, won't clear. Stays on the duration of whatever I am watching. Samsung JS8500.

Seconded, same problem for me.

theantioch

Just wanted to say that your continued support of this problem is great! I just became a Premier member because of your efforts to push out the Tizen app.

• Like 1

And thank you for your support. The 1.0.16 update is actually going to slip in some other things as well.

For starters, we were able to remove a lot of workarounds for older web rendering engines such as Tizen and have the app just use the same rendering as the reference version of Emby Theater. That is going to bring the layout of the app more in mine with other platforms such as Windows. Also, 1.0.15 has an issue with external subtitles that is resolved as well.

I do apologize for this OSD issue popping up, but there are 6 model groups of devices we are supporting but we don't have a unit for all 6, so every once in a while this may happen when the capabilities differ between model families. I'm surprised it got through Samsung review. Perhaps now that we've been through a few releases they will not be testing as aggressively.

Thanks.

• Like 2

We've submitted 1.0.16 to Samsung to resolve that. We'll let you know when it is approved. Thanks.

So does this mean the worldwide release is put back again? You've said that Samsung will only deal with one item at a time. If that's right, I really think you should be concentrating on getting the first worldwide release finished before you continue to tweak the US version.

So does this mean the worldwide release is put back again? You've said that Samsung will only deal with one item at a time. If that's right, I really think you should be concentrating on getting the first worldwide release finished before you continue to tweak the US version.

They are being pursued simultaneously. 

Well, I was going to wait to see the Tizen (worldwide) app but I decided to show my support and have just signed up to Lifetime Emby Premiere. I hope we're going to see the worldwide release this side of Xmas.

what exactly is the hold up with ww release have they said?

Samsung is a little different than other app stores. For anybody to release worldwide, you have to become a Samsung partner. There are non-technical obligations that we have to work out with them on that.

And we have to go through the regulations of each country. There are some we have already been approved for, however, I can't share that info at this time

gbone8106

I have a 2014 HU8550, and I am going to purchase the SEK3500U (one connect Box) which should upgrade it to current TIZEN and etc. Has anyone tried this app on a similar setup? Does this app direct play the DTA core from DTS-HD or from 7.1? Does this app play any 4K mks? I am currently using the other non-tizen app and it works great, direct plays everything except TRUEHD.  I guess I am looking for comparisons to the non-tizen app before I pull the trigger.

I have a 2014 HU8550, and I am going to purchase the SEK3500U (one connect Box) which should upgrade it to current TIZEN and etc. Has anyone tried this app on a similar setup? Does this app direct play the DTA core from DTS-HD or from 7.1? Does this app play any 4K mks? I am currently using the other non-tizen app and it works great, direct plays everything except TRUEHD.  I guess I am looking for comparisons to the non-tizen app before I pull the trigger.

Hi, yes it will play 4K and it will direct play anything the other app can direct play. If you want to check out the look and feel ahead of time you can do so from a browser by visiting

http://tv.emby.media

Enjoy.

Yes, TRUEHD seems to be the main exception, even in the premium 2016 models. It's just not supported by the TV, so it's not an app based issue.  Of course it will transcode in this case, but it won't direct play.  Pretty much everything else plays great.

gbone8106

Hi, yes it will play 4K and it will direct play anything the other app can direct play. If you want to check out the look and feel ahead of time you can do so from a browser by visiting

http://tv.emby.media

Enjoy.

Ok good deal; I also noticed you mentioned a bit rate limit, is it variable for different TVs (I believe mine supports up to 80mbs), I currently have files that have higher that 40mbs bit rate, that direct play, because you can change the setting in the app for up to 120mbs.

FrostByte

All Samsung TVs are different as far as bitrate supported when streaming media and should have a chart in the user's manual which says what is supported.  Here is the chart from the HU8550 and the bitrate supported for streaming different files.  If you have the EvoKit that may have changed things also and you can check the user's manual for it.

5845d18e3c14a_hu8550.jpg

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

I think the trick here is selecting max bitrate based on video codec and year/model.  I don't think the limitations between the models in the same series are well defined which makes this challenging.

FrostByte

I think the trick here is selecting max bitrate based on video codec and year/model.  I don't think the limitations between the models in the same series are well defined which makes this challenging.

True, another challenge is detecting the Evokits.  The Samsung APIs will still return the same TV model so you have to look elsewhere if you want to support those people especially ones like gbone who are upgrading an Orsay set to Tizen.  Though I think they decided not to make EvoKits any more so it may not be a huge thing

Edited by FrostByte

I think for the Tizen models there are no evokits.  2016 model uses mini one connect box so I expect it's not possible, but a good point

gbone8106

ok yea for the sek35000u(evo kit) it looks like it supports

HEVC (H.265 - Main, Main10,

Main4:2:2 10)

4096x2160  80mbps