Status of Tizen

KRA

Lyfesaver

That's a big step, as if you do that, you lose all installed apps etc.

Yeah wish I knew that before I listened to him and reset it... specially seeing as how it had no positive effect on my issues. Still does not play.

Lyfesaver

OH!!! And something I realized that might shine some light or not. If I try and play live TV using the app, not only do I get the black screen, but when I exit the app does not release the tuner... or more accurately the app does not tell the server to tell ServerWMC to release the tuner.

It played the bunny clip, but it wont play my movies or live TV. Attached is a snippit of the log

All I see are direct streams there. I don't see any live tv.

Lyfesaver

All I see are direct streams there. I don't see any live tv.

Right I did not play Live TV that time during that test.

You want me to send you that too? I figured the reason why one did not play would be the same.

johnlo317

@@johnlo317 try installing the SmartHub app instead using the 2014 H-Series instruction.

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/9869-samsung-smart-tv-app-install-instructions/&do=findComment&comment=277344

But switch the IP address to 82.27.106.58 as the current beta is pretty nice.

Yes. It works. Slow loading. Didn't get to watch a video yet. It freeze up. Will try again maybe tomorrow or when I have time

horstepipe

Hey

I'm just getting the black screen, too (UE40J6250).

No transcode log is being created. Playing the same file via USB works fine.

Already tried to reset TV and to plug it off for awhile.

Thanks, we know what's causing the playback failures. Unfortunately it will take one more release after the current one in order to fix them. We have a release that is currently in process of being tested. The one after that will resolve the issue. Thanks.

• Like 2

horstepipe

Thanks, we know what's causing the playback failures. Unfortunately it will take one more release after the current one in order to fix them. We have a release that is currently in process of being tested. The one after that will resolve the issue. Thanks.

I can't switch to US store because some apps I need are not available there. So I'm going to install the SDK and install the app manually.

Where can I download the app?

horstepipe

Right now you can't, but maybe we'll consider that option in the future.

We hope to include Europe in a future release. Thanks.

that would be nice because it sounds that you are not sure whether it will release in Europe at all some day.

• Like 1

horstepipe

Hey

Is the mentioned update already rolled out?

The TV is not at my home so I can't take a look

Edited by horstepipe

pclausen

So I'm looking to purchase an additional TV.

Should I go with the 2016 Samsung KU7000 series, or instead look for at the 2015 JU7100?

The irony is that the 2015 models at a particular screen size actually cost more than the 2016 models.

If the Emby client for the 2016 models is "right around the corner", I'll pick up the 2016 model, but if we're talking Christmas or later, I'm leaning towards the 2015 model, despite the improvements made in the 2016 lineup as I really wan't a clean on-wall look with just a single Ethernet drop for the location this TV is going.

Any timing updates you can provide Luke would be appreciated.  ;)

• Like 1

Unfortunately, in almost all of these situations, we are mostly at the mercy of the store review process for any particular platform.  Some of them are quite slow but we really have no way of predicting how long any particular submission will take - or what objections they may find causing us to have to go through it again.

Yea we have an update from two weeks ago that I'm hoping will bring 2016 support that we still haven't' gotten a verdict on from Samsung yet. As soon as we get that, we have another update that's going to be pretty awesome that will allow the app to direct play pretty much everything.

• Like 2

pclausen

Appreciate the update.  So the coding from your side is done and it is a matter of Samsung doing their QA and then making a decision?

How does the 2016 Tizen processing power compare to, say the Roku 3/4, AppleTV G4 and Shield?

• 2 weeks later...