Status of Tizen

KRA

CBers

Worldwide release requires some additional red tape. Once we get through the 2015 and 2016 releases, then we will look to expand beyond that.

OK, thanks.

I'll have to wait then, as I have a 2015 UK J series TV.

Unless @@FrostByte can supply step-by-step instructions on how to get it on my TV via USB ;)

I used to have the SDK for ORSAY, but removed it months ago.

At least now we can start getting more Emby users via the Tizen store !!

It makes my decision for my bedroom TV an easy one now :D

• Like 1

CBers

I would imagine that anyone in the UK who successfully switches their set to US region will lose the BBC iPlayer app. Total deal-breaker for most. Best to wait for worldwide store release.

If that's all I'd lose, then not an issue here ;)

I have 2x nVidia Shield TVs with iPlayer, plus both of my VirginMedia TiVo boxes have iPlayer :)

FrostByte

Unless @@FrostByte can supply step-by-step instructions on how to get it on my TV via USB ;)

Samsung has supposedly disabled all side loading on Tizen TVs via firmware updates as of last December.  I'm afraid you will have to use the SDK instructions or wait for it to hit the stores if changing to region free doesn't work.

• Like 1

CBers

Samsung has supposedly disabled all side loading on Tizen TVs via firmware updates as of last December.  I'm afraid you will have to use the SDK instructions or wait for it to hit the stores if changing to region free doesn't work.

Damn !!  

I might give the REGION change a go tonight.

Is there an actual TIZEN store you can browse from a PC, or is it only available from the TV itself ??

CBers

tizenstore.com , but that may just be for mobile devices

Found that earlier, but it didn't look official.

horstepipe

could somebody with a Tizen US device do me a favor and take a look if the app "ARD Mediathek" is available?

If not, I can't change region :-/

FrostByte

Found that earlier, but it didn't look official.

I think it's official because it's linked to right from the Samsung developers forum and talks about how to get apps loaded there.  Not the most professional looking though I admit

• Like 2

CBers

I think it's official because it's linked to right from the Samsung developers forum and talks about how to get apps loaded there.  Not the most professional looking though I admit

No search function I could find - was looking for "Emby" :)

Thanks @@Luke, this is fantastic.  Well done and much appreciated for all your Emby efforts.  Happy to test 2016 model issues.

So you have a 2016 model now?

SamES

So you have a 2016 model now?

Sure do, model is UA75KS9005.  The local store didn't even get a chance to put it on display for the release day.

If you can let me know which version of the SDK you've used (and any other config) I can set up a dev system in a VM to test.  Is the source on github?

i've installed all of the latest of everything although the app targets 2.1 for 2015 compatibility. so i guess i would follow their instructions to get everything installed and then we'll go from there.

• Like 1

SamES

i've installed all of the latest of everything although the app targets 2.1 for 2015 compatibility. so i guess i would follow their instructions to get everything installed and then we'll go from there.

Thanks.  I'll see how I go.

SamES

Done.  I've installed the latest version.  I've been able to build, package and deploy one of the Samsung sample apps to the TV, so looks like good to go.

Edited by SamES
  • Like 1

deadnex

However if somebody here can find the process for manually installing a wgt build package, then we'll put it up on the website download page.

The wgt would not be limited to the U.S., only the store release would.

I've installed the SDK and would like to test on my 2015 TV. Do I need a developer certificate to deploy the wgt to my TV? Can you provide a download link for the wgt?

MSattler

I've installed the SDK and would like to test on my 2015 TV. Do I need a developer certificate to deploy the wgt to my TV? Can you provide a download link for the wgt?

2015 TV's should just have the app store unless you are outside of the US.

Only 2016 TV's are still waiting for a newer version.

Thanks!

1.0.11 is rolling out tonight as an update to 2015 models for users in the US. We're still working on getting 2016 models approved.

• Like 2

CBers

1.0.11 is rolling out tonight as an update to 2015 models for users in the US. We're still working on getting 2016 models approved.

And for non-USA users as well I hope ;)

• Like 1

I've put the app on the blog and website so that those who do have a compatible set can at least learn about it and install it.

For those of you who are handy with HTML & Javascript, why not build a custom skin? You don't need the Samsung SDK to build a skin, you can do it all in your Chrome browser:

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/blog/1/entry-302-learn-how-to-create-skins-for-emby-theater/

Enjoy.

• Like 3

Now that there is an official app for Tizen, is there any change that @@cmcg app for older models can go into the store too?

Last time I checked (long long time ago) the "old" app couldn't go into the Samsung store because the require to have a Tizen app too and now there is. :)

I am going to try and get the new code approved for as many models as possible. Whatever we can't get approved for I'm fine with using his app for. The thing is it would have to become one app where it picks one of the two to load based on certain factors.