Status of Tizen

KRA

clarkss12

I have a 2016 Samsung UN65KU6500, I am using my 8 year old desktop computer as my Emby server.  Playing a HD recording from my OTA TV channels, in the USA, I am getting a lot of buffering.  Your dashboard is showing that it is being transcoded.

Don't know how to check the app version.

The Sheild.txt

Server Logs.txt

Transcode log1.txt

Transcode log2.txt

Transcode log3.txt

I have a 2016 Samsung UN65KU6500, I am using my 8 year old desktop computer as my Emby server.  Playing a HD recording from my OTA TV channels, in the USA, I am getting a lot of buffering.  Your dashboard is showing that it is being transcoded.

Don't know how to check the app version.

Hmm, the transcode log looks OK, going at a good speed. I notice the source file is an mpg, for the upcoming update we've just submitted we've added mpg to the direct play formats so it's probably worth re-evaluating once you have the update.

clarkss12

Hmm, the transcode log looks OK, going at a good speed. I notice the source file is an mpg, for the upcoming update we've just submitted we've added mpg to the direct play formats so it's probably worth re-evaluating once you have the update.

How do I check the app version??

Edit:  My BlueRay rips play pretty well, but still transcoding, so causes buffering.

server log.txt

transcode 1.txt

Edited by clarkss12

How do I check the app version??

Edit:  My BlueRay rips play pretty well, but still transcoding, so causes buffering.

That particular item is encoded at an extremely high bitrate (something north of 40Mb/s) and it is having to be transcoded down and the machine is struggling to keep up.  Only producing around 20 frames per second.  That is why you are seeing the stuttering.

• Like 1

That particular item is encoded at an extremely high bitrate (something north of 40Mb/s) and it is having to be transcoded down and the machine is struggling to keep up.  Only producing around 20 frames per second.  That is why you are seeing the stuttering.

Currently the app limit is 40mb/s, but this model (K-series) can support up 80mb/s for some codecs (as long as your network can sustain it!)  Maybe one day we will see higher rates supported in the app

• Like 1

dannieboiz

I have the latest emby installed on my JS8500 it loads and everything but when I go to play anything I get black screens, Plays fine on the HTPC and roku

clarkss12

Just for an update, we have run into some additional things we have to resolve before we can release worldwide.

However, the really nice update I've been mentioning is now rolling out in the US for 2016 models. If you're in that bucket, keep an eye out for version 1.0.14+. It will now direct play pretty much anything you throw at it so I think you're going to really like that.

How do I find the version number running on my Samsung TV.  My recorded TV shows are still being transcoded by my low powered Linux server.  I guess I can't understand why they have to be transcoded, since the TV can play the files natively..

Again, while testing Plex, I don't have the buffering issue.

We don't display it in-app at this point, it's probably a good idea to add for a future update, but for now, I would think going into the app management area in the smart hub would display each installed app along with their version.

theantioch

We don't display it in-app at this point, it's probably a good idea to add for a future update, but for now, I would think going into the app management area in the smart hub would display each installed app along with their version.

Yup, it's displayed in the store when you go to view details. on the App.

clarkss12

Yup, it's displayed in the store when you go to view details. on the App.

What store??  I don't see a store, per se.  I can not find any info about this app.

clarkss12

Just for an update, the 1.0.15 update that Iv'e been mentioning is still in Samsung review. Thanks.

Thanks for the update, Luke.  I have been trying several low powered (inexpensive) devices to use as a server, but none of them have the power to transcode on the fly.  Since most of my devices can play natively the codecs that I am playing, why does Emby have to transcode the files??

Of course, this is all new to me, so maybe I don't see the big picture.

clarkss12

How did you get it installed?

There are a list of apps to choose, but no info about any of them that I  can see.

Thanks for the update, Luke.  I have been trying several low powered (inexpensive) devices to use as a server, but none of them have the power to transcode on the fly.  Since most of my devices can play natively the codecs that I am playing, why does Emby have to transcode the files??

Of course, this is all new to me, so maybe I don't see the big picture.

Because the Samsung Tizen app is brand new and we are still refining the formats the app will handle natively. So we are pushing out releases and you guys are helping us improve by helping identify what we missed. The only reason you are noticing this process is because the Samsung release process is significantly longer than the app stores on other platforms. By the time this app goes through a few more releases I'm sure it will be where you want it, it's just taking a little time to get there due to the approval process.

hi guys, what's the progress with worldwide release? desperate to try the app out and feeling a lil' left out lol surely the US store and WW release have the same requirements/expectations or is it the case they are more stringent for WW release? is there anyway to get round it so can install it here in the uk?

clarkss12

Because the Samsung Tizen app is brand new and we are still refining the formats the app will handle natively. So we are pushing out releases and you guys are helping us improve by helping identify what we missed. The only reason you are noticing this process is because the Samsung release process is significantly longer than the app stores on other platforms. By the time this app goes through a few more releases I'm sure it will be where you want it, it's just taking a little time to get there due to the approval process.

It is not just my Samsung TV that I am having problems with.  I have numerous inexpensive devices that I use for clients that should all play without any transcoding.

It is not just my Samsung TV that I am having problems with.  I have numerous inexpensive devices that I use for clients that should all play without any transcoding.

Have you mentioned this before? We are here to help if you let us know what is going on. Best thing to do is open a new topic and prepare the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

clarkss12

Have you mentioned this before? We are here to help if you let us know what is going on. Best thing to do is open a new topic and prepare the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. Thanks !

I have to say that your Emby is just fantastic.  Love all the eye candy when running the client on my "official" Android TV OS.  Even the live TV channels and guide works most of the time and the movies that are listed in the guide data show up under suggestions, which is just awesome.  

My main objective right now, is to find a fairly inexpensive, low powered device to use as a server.  So far, I have tried:

1. 8 or 10 year old desktop computer running Windows 7.  Does not have enough power to trascode on the fly.

2.  Pine64 board using a low powered Allwinner 64 bit SoC (system on a chip) running ubuntu 16.04.   Works but no transcoding.

3.  Beelink MiniMX3 running Ubuntu, keeps rebooting, so not able to test.

4.  Tronsmart Ara X5 Intel atom Cherrytrail CPU, running Windows 10.  Runs as well as my old desktop computer, but again, no                 transcoding on the fly.

5.  Beelink Ubox with Rockchip RK3288 SoC running Ubuntu.  Works but but can't transcode.

Will probably end up getting an Intel Karby Lake SoC device which has more power than my old computer.  Here is a link to some reviews of this SoC device found on the K*di website.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=294312

I am going through all this trouble and future expense just to use your client on my new Samsung TV.

The 1.0.15 update has been approved for 2015 and 2016 models. Now we are just waiting for it to launch. I'm guessing you'll have access to the update within 24-48 hours.

Enjoy.

• Like 2