Beta Release Thread

cmcg

gogreenpower

I've just noticed that the app screensaver seems to miss a few photos in the folder I have selected, they are all jpegs, is there a size limit that applies or something else I'm missing?

Green.

shorty1483

Not being able to upgrade the App until today coming from 592 because renovation of my kitchen...

Is it normal behaviour that the last version 593g does not show any wallpapers? Also I have 2 libraries, Movies and 3D Movies, but in Tools menu just the Movie Library is shown.

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 1

SilentAssassin

Not being able to upgrade the App until today coming from 592 because renovation of my kitchen...

Is it normal behaviour that the last version 593g does not show any wallpapers? Also I have 2 libraries, Movies and 3D Movies, but in Tools menu just the Movie Library is shown.

I had this on the first launch after installing but closing the app and reopening brings them back.

• Like 2

SilentAssassin

On the home screen where you have the two categories can there be a visual indication that you can scroll the items. I only found you could by mistake a few weeks ago and keep forgetting you can.

shorty1483

Ok, tested 593g a bit more on my H6270.

When Playing any Video, regardless the bitrate, the screen shows Loading permanently (like in the Screenshots). But the Video plays fine. App does not recognize any key except the Exit Key. Music Themes are enabled. When disabled, everythings fine. This bug's already known I guess from reading thread. BTW Subs still not working :(

post-59764-0-02750500-1443954587_thumb.jpg

post-59764-0-66987200-1443954602_thumb.jpg

Edited by shorty1483

CBers

Would be nice to get the time displayed in the log so we can see how long each step took, as playback for me from the time I press play to the video starting, can sometimes be as much as 30 seconds.

I'd like to know where the delay is.

• Like 1

JeremyG

Ok, tested 593g a bit more on my H6270.

When Playing any Video, regardless the bitrate, the screen shows Loading permanently (like in the Screenshots). But the Video plays fine. App does not recognize any key except the Exit Key. Music Themes are enabled. When disabled, everythings fine. This bug's already known I guess from reading thread. BTW Subs still not working :(

I saw this same behavior last night with the "Loading" permanently on the screen and couldn't pause, or rewind.   So when my daughter had to go to the bathroom (30 seconds after we started the movie!!) I exited the app completely.  Then it played fine and all keys were working.

CBers

I have reported Loading issues earlier in the thread, but I get pausing and then playback. If I power cycle the TV and reload the app, it works fine.

shorty1483

Seems to have something to to do with music, at least with enabled theme music. When I switch it off, the Loading is gone.

shorty1483

I stumbled upon the old skin I created for MediaPortal and used the icons to redo the Emby logos in a uniform way from scratch, also the appropriate backgrounds for the star rating etc. are redone in 1080p resolution and then were downscaled to current app format. So when the app goes HD someday I'll be prepared ;) @@cmcg I included a few more icons that are currently not in app (e.g. DTS HD MA), perhaps there is a way to spread the variety of shown icons.

56112566e7eb8_Logos.pngWhat you guys think?

540.zip

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 3

FrostByte

I believe cmcg said it will be 720p and not 1080p when it does go HD though

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

shorty1483

I believe cmcg said it will be 720p and not 1080p when it does go HD though

The bigger, the better... ;)

Downscaling is no problem.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I stumbled upon the old skin I created for MediaPortal and used the icons to redo the Emby logos in a uniform way from scratch, also the appropriate backgrounds for the star rating etc. are redone in 1080p resolution and then were downscaled to current app format. So when the app goes HD someday I'll be prepared ;) @@cmcg I included a few more icons that are currently not in app (e.g. DTS HD MA), perhaps there is a way to spread the variety of shown icons.

What you guys think?

I prefer these monochrome/transparent ones over the color ones myself.  looks more professional to me. 

Btw:  any chance you could make a DTS-ES one?  I have a lot of movies LoTR, Star Wars, etc which are in that format.  The app doesn't transcode them anymore and enjoying them a lot more

• Like 2

paulsalter

Hi All,

Just a thought I had but not sure if its anything you can control or check, but thought I would ask just in case

Does the app check to see if its compatible before upgrading?

ie, if an E series user and sometime in the future F series clicks the sync button from the hub, will it install the latest even if it wont work, or will it just not upgrade it

shorty1483

I prefer these monochrome/transparent ones over the color ones myself.  looks more professional to me. 

Btw:  any chance you could make a DTS-ES one?  I have a lot of movies LoTR, Star Wars, etc which are in that format.  The app doesn't transcode them anymore and enjoying them a lot more

DTS-ES added to zip above. Here it is with white bg.

post-59764-0-18502700-1443973945.png

• Like 1

FrostByte

Hi All,

Just a thought I had but not sure if its anything you can control or check, but thought I would ask just in case

Does the app check to see if its compatible before upgrading?

ie, if an E series user and sometime in the future F series clicks the sync button from the hub, will it install the latest even if it wont work, or will it just not upgrade it

I don't see anything in the code right now that will prevent anyone from actually installing the app, but cmcg will know better than me of course.  However, in the feature he might have when he converts it to HD so that D series users don't accidentally try and install.   For people with Tizen TVs I'm guessing it won't even install.  The code does detect your series (D, E, F, H, etc) and uses that to decide what needs to transcode and what doesn't using the list from your users guide

Edit: right now cmcg is still trying to keep it compatible with all D - H users.

Edited by FrostByte

Ultroman

You're welcome @@Ultroman

That image would be appreciated, thanks.

I've confirmed that the scrolling down off-screen does not occur on my F series. That's the problem with this app - too many platforms to support.

Here are some images detailing my setup and the presentation I'm seeing with 0.593f.

The letters are the sorting names I have given the folders. As you can see, the webclient does it right, and the metadata manager as well. On the Samsung client, the sorting is all screwed up. I don't see any pattern, really. Not columns vs rows, alphabetical, anything. I hope you can :)

Godspeed!

post-6264-0-91565700-1443975608_thumb.png

post-6264-0-79795900-1443975612_thumb.png

post-6264-0-21157200-1443975617_thumb.png

• Like 1

paulsalter

I don't see anything in the code right now that will prevent anyone from actually installing the app, but cmcg will know better than me of course.  However, in the feature he might have when he converts it to HD so that D series users don't accidentally try and install.   For people with Tizen TVs I'm guessing it won't even install.  The code does detect your series (D, E, F, H, etc) and uses that to decide what needs to transcode and what doesn't using the list from your users guide

Edit: right now cmcg is still trying to keep it compatible with all D - H users.

Thanks for the info

It was just something that crossed my mind and wondered how this works

v0.593h
Reversed changes to menu key mapping.
Replaced music player next and previous icons.
Fixed: "Media Folders" sometimes not displayed in top menu.
Rearranged menu items to better match Emby Theatre and Web Client.
Known Issues:
"Now Playing" button in Music player not working.
"Loading" displayed if music is playing when video starts. Please disable theme music and stop music player before starting a video.

After a little adventure playing with mapping different buttons to open the main menu, we've gone back to what we had. The Info button. Sorry if that's been painful for you but thank you for all the input.
Accessing your media via the "Media Folders" menu item is deprecated. Most Emby clients don't have this at all now. We'll keep it for now as we don't have native support for Photos or Home Movies at the moment, but it's moved down the menu a bit.

561161163bb9b_HomeTwoItems.png

@@shorty1483
That icon set is nice, but the backgrounds tend to be darkish grey in Emby clients so they might not work for us. I really like the transparent icons you made for us anyway. Can we work together on the 720p upgrade?

@@paulsalter
No compatibility checking is done since it is side loaded in developer mode. We will clearly state when compatibility is due to change, I.E. when D series support ends, so that users can remove the IP address and keep the best version for them.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 3

CBers

You've removed Photos screensaver and the ability to play all the photos in a Photos folder?

You've removed Photos screensaver and the ability to play all the photos in a Photos folder?

No. These betas are small iterations. Nothing is changed that's not in the release notes. Photos works the same for me. Can you post steps to replicate?

• Like 1