Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

Any chance of a "are you sure" pop up when exiting the app? There are quite a few buttons that can close it, and my fat ass always seems to find them.

Green.

Still kicking myself for deleting my playlist.  Btw cmcg Exit could be added to the Help screen also and I think every page at the bottom too.  Not sure it really says what Exit is anywhere

gogreenpower

Ones who still want the media Folders right there on the main screen can already set that in the options now. Best of both worlds

Is this option in the latest release or has it always been there?

Don't want to lose this option.

Green.

FrostByte

If you go to Tools...Setting...User Settings then you can change either Home View 1 or 2 to Media Folders.  Then you get the media folders right on the main screen just like My Media on the home page of the webclient and it would almost look the same

The options are unchanged. The proposal was to remove the menu entry Media Folders from the top menu on the home page and/or from side menu. People who rely on them could still set their home page view to display them using the setting you refer to. All Emby clients are moving away from direct folder browsing though.

FrostByte

Under Music...Recent, Frequent, and Album the description overlaps the bottom row of album titles

560f18c786254_WP_20151002_002.jpg

Yes. I have that on my list. Thanks. These views are all generated by the same code page. Movies, Series etc. so its a little fiddly but fixable I expect.

• Like 1

Ultroman

Sooooo relieved you guys picked this up! No subtitles and messed up sorting on folders-view almost had my GF breaking up with you.

I haven't had time to test yet, but I really hope the sorting is part of your planned bugfixes.

Godspeed! Love you guys!!

FrostByte

I really hope the sorting is part of your planned bugfixes.

What isn't sorting correctly?  It should sort media the same as you have it configured in the webclient

CBers

@CBers I get that delay on high bitrate files while my server creates the stream. Note. Not transcoding, just getting a stream started.

When Loading is displayed is the screen black or does the video keep playing behind? There is an issue where Loading is displayed if you start a video while music is playing. That's on my list.

No, the video is paused.

When resuming, the screen is black.

Sooooo relieved you guys picked this up! No subtitles and messed up sorting on folders-view almost had my GF breaking up with you.

I haven't had time to test yet, but I really hope the sorting is part of your planned bugfixes.

Godspeed! Love you guys!!

Well, I think we got your first issue licked @@Ultroman but maybe you could post a screen shot of the folder view problem for me? Thanks.

No, the video is paused.

When resuming, the screen is black.

So you're just watching an episode or movie and it pauses and displays Loading? Does it ever start again?

CBers

So you're just watching an episode or movie and it pauses and displays Loading? Does it ever start again?

Yes. It resumes after a while.

CBers

Sounds like the stream buffering. Is there anything in the log?

TV, or server?

I'll check next time it happens.

Do you know why the app Direct Streams and not Direct Plays?

I'm sure in the early days it Direct Played. Perhaps @@FrostByte has a better memory than me.

SilentAssassin

I had the issue last night with 593e and just updated to 593f and still have the same issue. When pressing the down arrow to scroll through menus or content, the whole screen will scroll up (get a black empty space at bottom), just for the first two presses of the down arrow, when pressing the up arrow the screen will scroll back up. This is with a H6400 TV.

MongooseMan

Well this is weird, turns out my remote is different to the pic I posted:

post-12-14438631472758_thumb.jpg

Turns out samsung can't make up their minds.

So, I don't even have a menu button. Where there was one in the original pic, I have "MScreen", which launches split screen functionality (which is not something anyone ever uses...)

Sorry for the runaround, not sure what you can do, given the vast differences in remotes

Spaceboy

I had the issue last night with 593e and just updated to 593f and still have the same issue. When pressing the down arrow to scroll through menus or content, the whole screen will scroll up (get a black empty space at bottom), just for the first two presses of the down arrow, when pressing the up arrow the screen will scroll back up. This is with a H6400 TV.

just came to report this and was struggling with how to describe it!

gogreenpower

Well this is weird, turns out my remote is different to the pic I posted:

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByTapatalk1443863141.575215.jpg

Turns out samsung can't make up their minds.

So, I don't even have a menu button. Where there was one in the original pic, I have "MScreen", which launches split screen functionality (which is not something anyone ever uses...)

Sorry for the runaround, not sure what you can do, given the vast differences in remotes

That's the same as mine, +1 for a dedicated tools button

Green.

MongooseMan

That's the same as mine, +1 for a dedicated tools button

Green.

Since you obviously have a similar tv, let me ask you something:

Have you ever switched on the tv, opened emby and, after 1-3minutes, had weird music just randomly start playing?

Happens every now and then to me, and I have no idea why.

CBers

Question.

On my home screen, I have Resume All Items as my Home View 1 and TV Next Up as my Home View 2.

When I have no Resume items, the TV Next Up list is pageable up/down.

When I do have Resume items, the TV Next Up is only scrollable left to right.

Why is that ??

Ultroman

I just updated to 0.593f, and I am seeing the following problems:

On the Media Folders view, it doesn't follow the Sorting Names I've given my media folders. I've given them sorting names like 'aa' 'ab' but they aren't followed. It worked well with a previous server-version, like 3 months ago. I think it had something to do with a server-update, that changed the way sorting worked, and the Samsung app was never rectified, but the other clients were.

Another bug which you can see on the image: the entire gui scrolls down when I press the down button, to go downwards in my folders, series, movies or even the menu.

Also please, please bring back the 'Folders' link at the top. I don't see why I have to go to the menu to view my media folders.

I have an H-series, UE48H6470

post-6264-0-81919800-1443871624_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ultroman

CBers

On the Media Folders view, it doesn't follow the Sorting Names I've given my media folders. I've given them sorting names like 'aa' 'ab' but they aren't followed. See first image. It worked well in a previous version, like 3 months ago.

Also please bring back the 'Folders' link at the top. I don't see why I have to go to the menu to view my media folders.

Another bug which you can see on the other image: the entire gui scrolls down when I press the down button, to go downwards in my folders, series, movies or even the menu.

I have an H-series, UE48H6470

It was reported back in July, so not a bug in the current releases.

My Media Folders aren't in the same order as they appear on the web client.

I think it was the case in the previous version as well. I don't go into Media Folders often, but did after the update.

Ultroman

Well, I've just updated to the beta release, and I'm seeing these problems on it. I forgot to say that I already updated, sorry. 0.593f it says in the very nice new menu.

I use my media folder view a lot, but I see that others don't. Maybe it could be optional to habe it at the top?

Edited by Ultroman

gogreenpower

Since you obviously have a similar tv, let me ask you something:

Have you ever switched on the tv, opened emby and, after 1-3minutes, had weird music just randomly start playing?

Happens every now and then to me, and I have no idea why.

Nope, nothing like that, is it theme music?

Which brings me to another FR, I have tv themes for all my series and I can't get that to work so I assume it's not currently supported? Any chance of squeezing that in

Green.