Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

The other color adds/removes from favorites I think.  Menu button makes sense.  I was thinking of ordering an Evolution kit for my F8000 and it comes with one of those remotes also 

Green = Watched

Yellow = Favourite

Blue = Show Music Player (while playing in background).

Red is the one that's free but I'm after that for the help page so I'll look at the menu key first.

• Like 1

CBers

Red is the one that's free but I'm after that for the help page so I'll look at the menu key first.

Menu is Menu for the TV though?

Maybe we can capture that though. @MongooseMan can you give this a try and let me know if it works with your remote please?

v0.593e
Remote control coloured buttons displayed on screen (context sensitive).
Help text updated.
Music player slides in and out.
Music player controls updated.
Use Menu or Tools key to access the main menu.
Fixed: Can't return to music player from main menu.
Fixed: Time hidden behind music player.

Known Issue: "Now Playing" button in music player not yet working.

560ee07782235_593eHome.png

560ee08add515_593eMusicPlayer.png

• Like 1

FrostByte

Are they available then?

Yes, you can order a SEK-2000 (US model number) for the F8000 which brings us to the same level as the H series 2014 models.  Has a quad processor and a few different things supported as far as media streaming (H265, etc).  As far as I've read that is the last evolution kit we get as they won't support Tizen for us

No. Menu key not captured. Nuts. Comment on the other updates welcomed. Can you access the player functions ok with the various remotes?

FrostByte

Crap, I just deleted my whole Playlist.  Took me a long time to build it too.  Now I know that key works :)   Maybe a "Are you sure?" popup is needed.  Shuffle still doesn't work though and not hightlighted.  I'll test the other stuff once I'm done banging my head on the wall.

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I see a couple of 404 errors in my web server log. If you couldn't download, try now.

Probably me, I finally got in the third time

FrostByte

I don't mind the colored buttons at the bottom.  Not as clean as the Item menu, but I can live with it

FrostByte

When in Movies only yhe Yellow/AMber button and Return are shown.  The Green Watched button however works on that screen also

Need to add the Yellow/Amber key to the Help menu.  Missing

Done.

When in Movies only yhe Yellow/AMber button and Return are shown.  The Green Watched button however works on that screen also

Done.

FrostByte

Hopefully I explain this one correctly.  The FF and RW keys actually are skip track.  The controls for playing music are kind of off.  The icon "<<" and ">>" at the bottom are mapped to the correct key on the remote, however those are typically FF and RW keys and icons.  Skip track should be shown and mapped to "|<<" and ">>|" 

Edit: This is for music playing controls

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Yes, you can order a SEK-2000 (US model number) for the F8000 which brings us to the same level as the H series 2014 models. Has a quad processor and a few different things supported as far as media streaming (H265, etc). As far as I've read that is the last evolution kit we get as they won't support Tizen for us

I thought our TV's were already Quad-Core?

I'll have to have a look in the UK and see how much they are. Thanks.

CBers

Question: has anyone seen a video goto into "Loading" status during playback?

I've had a couple of occasions in the last few days and the only way to resolve it, is to power cycle the TV.

When it happens, I quickly check Emby server and the PC it runs on, but it all seems normal.

I'm not saying it's the app, but it's the only thing to change recently.

#clutchingatstraws

Still getting this occasionally, but also got it on my friend's F6300 when I updated app to 593e.

Also, when resuming, the Loading can sit there for upto 30 seconds before playback starts.

It's like waiting for a VCR to FF to a marker before it starts playing :)

Anyone else have anything similar?

Edited by CBers

@CBers I get that delay on high bitrate files while my server creates the stream. Note. Not transcoding, just getting a stream started.

When Loading is displayed is the screen black or does the video keep playing behind? There is an issue where Loading is displayed if you start a video while music is playing. That's on my list.

I think he was trying to override that while in the app, but it didn't work

Ah but it did. Well, sort of. If you don't access the TV menu before starting Emby then the key is captured. Try powering off you TV for 30 secs and power back on. Start Emby straight away. It should get the key now. Is that progress? Not really.

gogreenpower

Any chance of a "are you sure" pop up when exiting the app? There are quite a few buttons that can close it, and my fat ass always seems to find them.

Green.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Progress, yes.  Don't think you can release it to the store that way though :)  I suppose if you exit the app then you would need to power off again to get it back to the default tv menu