Beta Release Thread

cmcg

@SilentAssassin @Spaceboy @Ultroman and other H Series users. If the whole screen shifting issue is annoying you (it would me) please grab beta 0.593g just uploaded. The issue is resolved in the emulator so it should be good for you. Let me know. Ta.

(Make sure you play music in the background when testing if it's better.)

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

FrostByte

It's not even loading on my F8000.  Stuck on the screen saver before the version number shows.  I still have 593d on my HTS which loads fine. 

Edit: sorry, I meant stuck on splash screen

Edited by FrostByte

Did you skip 593f? Maybe the change to key mappings upset your US region TV? That's the only difference between our sets.

@@FrostByte

Oh wait, there might have been a folder missing from that package. Can you try to install again please?

Edited by cmcg

CBers

Can you unmap the MENU button from opening the TOOLS menu please, as I can't control the TV (F8000) at all.

I sometimes have to change the Audio Output in my TV from PCM to DOLBY DIGITAL, and without the MENU button, I can't do that.

I currently have the MENU and TOOLS button doing the thing.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Did you skip 593f? Maybe the change to key mappings upset your US region TV? That's the only difference between our sets.

Not sure, I may have missed that message.

@@FrostByte

Oh wait, there might have been a folder missing from that package. Can you try to install again please?

Will do

FrostByte

I'm in.  I really need to hook up a kb because inputting the pw after a clean install is a pita.  I think you were paying me back for earlier :) 

Agree with CBers if that key isn't the right one for green anyway.  I can set before starting the app, but it's nice to have in case.  Hopefully this helps the H model users

Thanks dude. I'm glad I've got you to catch a problem like that before a bunch of people downloaded it. Life saver.

H series users, this is safe for you to download now.

England are about to go out of the Rugby World Cup. I think I'll go and laugh at them for a few minutes..

• Like 1

JeremyG

With new version (g) I cannot login at all  :(

When I launch Emby I get the prompt for what user to login as, but pressing OK does nothing.   This is on an F-series home-theatre.

Ultroman

@SilentAssassin @Spaceboy @Ultroman and other H Series users. If the whole screen shifting issue is annoying you (it would me) please grab beta 0.593g just uploaded. The issue is resolved in the emulator so it should be good for you. Let me know. Ta.

(Make sure you play music in the background when testing if it's better.)

Just wanted to let you know, it works on my H-series. Thanks!!!

FYI I had the scrolling problem without ever having played music in the app.

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 3

JeremyG

Hmm...I haven't tried it on my HT-F yet.  I'll do that now

I just figured out what's up.  My accounts have no passwords....so the app didn't do anything when I selected a login.  I assigned a password to a user and I can get in with that user!!!

• Like 1

FrostByte

Great.  I was just going to say I have it on my HT system now with no issues, but I only have one user and auto login

• Like 1

CBers

Agree with CBers if that key isn't the right one for green anyway. I can set before starting the app, but it's nice to have in case. Hopefully this helps the H model users

Green?

CBers

v0.593e

Use Menu or Tools key to access the main menu.

Can you unmap the MENU button from opening the TOOLS menu please, as I can't control the TV (F8000) at all.

I sometimes have to change the Audio Output in my TV from PCM to DOLBY DIGITAL, and without the MENU button, I can't do that.

I currently have the MENU and TOOLS button doing the thing.

@@cmcg - did you see my post above?

I'm going to have to drop back to the Stable Release to get my Menu button functional again :(

@@cmcg - did you see my post above?

I'm going to have to drop back to the Stable Release to get my Menu button functional again :(

Yes, I'll do that. It didn't have the effect we were looking for.

• Like 1

CBers

Yes, I'll do that. It didn't have the effect we were looking for.

Thanks.

You've made an old man very happy :)

• Like 1

JeremyG

I assume the effort to make this Samsung SmartTV app is an independent effort?  If so, is there a place to send donations?