Beta Release Thread

cmcg

paulsalter

Hi

This is not a feature I use very often so cant remember if this has changed recently or been like this for a while

When browsing a section via Genre (TV or Movies) the text that says the genre is so tiny I can hardly see it, I am sure it was bigger

This is the text that overlays the cover art when on the genre page

Hi @@paulsalter

The text on those images is fixed. It's up to the client to request the image at the right size. I agree with you, it's not really readable. I might look at using the larger version.

• Like 1

v0.593n
N is for navigation! Go left to open the menu. Any time you're focused on something that has nothing to the left of it, pressing left will open the menu.
This is intended to be much more intuitive and support almost any remote control, especially Samsung touch remotes.
It required quite a lot of code changes so late in a beta cycle so I'm being a bit naughty here. If you like it, please spend some time clicking around the UI and report any problems you find.
If you don't like it, that's cool. Sound off below!
Updated the install filename and internal widget name from MediaBrowser to Emby. If you have any install or upgrade problems, let me know please. It was fine for me though.
Fixed: Menu won't open if Play All or Shuffle All is selected on TV series pages.
Fixed: Headers at the top of a playlist do not highlight in green. (thanks @@FrostByte )

• Like 1

paulsalter

Hi @@paulsalter

The text on those images is fixed. It's up to the client to request the image at the right size. I agree with you, it's not really readable. I might look at using the larger version.

Thanks

Just couldn't remember if its used to be bigger, but sounds like not

Was going to  watch something last night and had to move to a couple of feet of the tv to read what it said

Thanks for new update, will give this a try later today :)

Edited by paulsalter
  • Like 1

CBers

Just installed N.

Left press working well, but if you're 2 or 3 presses to the right on a screen, then pressing Tools is quicker.

Probably always been like this, but in TV/Upcoming, I have the last 2 days TV episodes listed (8th & 9th).

Other than that, all working OK for me.

• Like 1

Agreed. I've left the tools button as is. But that assumes that your tools button is one click away. On a touch remote you have to bring up the on screen control and navigate down and across to click tools. Have a play with your touch remote, it's way more fun now. :)

You do lose a couple of things, like wrapping form the left to the right of the row above. It's more of a grid now. Also, clicking left on the play button for an episode used to take you to the previous episode, which I never even knew about until this morning.

• Like 1

Thanks @@c0m3r

When you click to the next episode, the previous one should probably be added to the back button stack in any case.

paulsalter

I think I preferred the Left/Right to go back/forward through episodes

quite often I will press the right button to read what is coming up and then use the left button to go back to the first unwatched episode, or to read data on last episode watched to refresh my memory on the story

• Like 2

paulsalter

could the buttons be set depending upon model/remote (if these two are linked)

tools + navigation buttons as they have been if you have a model with this remote

sliding in with left press if you don't have a tools button

or would that over complicate things

FrostByte

@@FrostByte Just the headers, but it does seem to shuffle them ok.

@cmcg  I just started creating another playlist and it isn't shuffling.  The column does highlight green though, thanks

@cmcg  I just started creating another playlist and it isn't shuffling.  The column does highlight green though, thanks

Ah, ok. I was talking about a normal album list. I'll specifically look at playlists.

could the buttons be set depending upon model/remote (if these two are linked)

tools + navigation buttons as they have been if you have a model with this remote

sliding in with left press if you don't have a tools button

or would that over complicate things

Yes. :)

CBers

You do lose a couple of things, like wrapping form the left to the right of the row above. It's more of a grid now. Also, clicking left on the play button for an episode used to take you to the previous episode, which I never even knew about until this morning.

Uhmm, didn't realise that had "gone".

I use that quite a bit.

• Like 1

Uhmm, didn't realise that had "gone".

I use that quite a bit.

The next beta will let you go forward to the next episode with the right button and back with the back button. It won't go back past the episode you started on but it's most of what was lost.

• Like 2

Ultroman

The next beta will let you go forward to the next episode with the right button and back with the back button. It won't go back past the episode you started on but it's most of what was lost.

What about using RW and FF in the menus to switch to the next and previous episodes? Kinda makes sense to me. Maybe they could even skip an entire page of elements on e.g. the TV or Movie pages.

Probably a FR?

• Like 2

CBers

Another thing with the left button.

In the A-Z option, you could go left to go from the start of a line back to the end of the previous line.

Now, you can't.

paulsalter

Sorry to be negative again, but the UI is now getting very inconsistent

If I am viewing the TV/Movie section, the right key should be going forward through the items, rolling onto next line when the end of the current one is reached and the left key should do the opposite, not bringing out a menu when you get to the left

When viewing a tv episode, if I press right to go and check another episode, then left should go back to the last episode viewed, or a far back as episodes I have if I press left more

The back button should go back a level, so if I am viewing tv episodes, pressing back takes me to the main tv listing screen, not the previous episode I was looking at

It's a great app and I appreciate the work you are doing, but the left/right, tools menu and back button need to be left as they where in previous versions

If some remotes don't have these buttons and need something to change, then it should be changed for these versions, please leave it be for people who have a remote with the dedicated buttons

• Like 1