Beta Release Thread

cmcg

Just a small update in response to our new bug reporting thread.

v0.593j
Fixed: Home page fails to regain focus when Help overlay closes.
Disabled help on pages without specific help text.
Disabled access to help via the Info button. Only the Red button shows help now and is shown on screen if available.
Made the help background a little darker.
Added Tools key to help text.
Fixed: Colour keys and time on screen during slideshow.
Fixed: Pressing Return while help text is displayed causes the app to quit.
Fixed: Red key should display Clear Log in log viewer.

• Like 6

CBers

Just a small update in response to our new bug reporting thread.

v0.593j

Fixed: Colour keys and time on screen during slideshow.

Not sure you want these on permanently, as it might cause burn-in on certain TV's.

Also, in Photo screensaver, the RED button changed the date/time display, but now it brings up the help.

Edit: OK, I see its now moved to the YELLOW © button.

Edited by CBers

Not sure you want these on permanently, as it might cause burn-in on certain TV's.

Also, in Photo screensaver, the RED button changed the date/time display, but now it brings up the help.

Edit: OK, I see its now moved to the YELLOW © button.

No, I fixed it, as in it shouldn't do that and now it doesn't. It was a mistake in the previous version. Colour buttons and time should not appear over a slideshow.

• Like 2

Baby steps...

v0.593k
Fixed: The screensaver which I slightly broke in the previous beta.
Manually played slideshows are limited to 3000 images for performance.
Fixed: App no longer exits if Return is pressed when screen is blank during music playback.
Fixed: Count undefined listing TV or Movies by genre from A-Z page.
Fixed: Movies -> A-Z -> ALL, Unwatched, Latest or Genre listed TV instead of Movies.

• Like 3

I realise these beta are not very exciting now. Your continued enthusiasm for reporting bugs and testing the fixes is enormously valuable. We'll get a really nice release out the door soon.

• Like 4

Ultroman

I realise these beta are not very exciting now. Your continued enthusiasm for reporting bugs and testing the fixes is enormously valuable. We'll get a really nice release out the door soon.

Don't worry about it. Everything counts! I'm sure I speak for many others, too, when I say that I'm just SO happy someone picked this up :D

I personally test every fix you post, to make sure it works like you say on my H-series. Apparently they are...special :P

Thank you for your time and effort.

• Like 2

CBers

WRT 593k:

Slideshow

Photo slideshow now starts displaying with 4s of pressing play. Once the 3000 photos have played, will another 3000 be requested?

We had a similar situation when Chess first implemented the slideshow, where he set the limit to 200 photos, but after gentle persuasion, he set it to unlimited.

Could it be optionalised to allow the user to decide the limit please?

Movies

When I go into Movies, it says there are 447, but if I go into the 2 separate movie folders in Media Folders, I have 389 and 188, totalling 577.

My separate movie folders are grouped in the web client, but the 447 seems a spurious number.

Thanks.

Ultroman

Movies

When I go into Movies, it says there are 447, but if I go into the 2 separate movie folders in Media Folders, I have 389 and 188, totalling 577.

My separate movie folders are grouped in the web client, but the 447 seems a spurious number.

Thanks.

Does your Movie view not group sequels into collections? Mine does that, but when I view my separate folders, the sequels are shown separately. Could that be the source of the difference? Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 2

CBers

Does your Movie view not group sequels into collections? Mine does that, but when I view my separate folders, the collections are "dismantled".

Ah yes, that must be it.

I'll change the option in the web client to see if it displays correctly.

• Like 1

CBers

Ah yes, that must be it.

I'll change the option in the web client to see if it displays correctly.

That was it. I changed the option to show Collections within the Movies view and now all movies show correctly.

Thanks for the prompt @@Ultroman.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 2

FrostByte

That option is in the Samsung apps settings also, I believe in the area that echoes the server settings

• Like 2

@@Ultroman Thanks for your support. H series do seem quite sensitive, more so than F. I've got the latest SDK emulator installed now so I should be able to see what you see.

@@CBers Option for slideshow limit could be a thing. When the slideshow completes I think it would repeat the same pictures but it would be a good idea to detect that and get a new batch, then you'd have the best of both worlds.

• Like 3

fluffykiwi

I was more worried you would be fed up with the unexciting bugs being reported. It cannot be much fun spending time fixing stuff that most users may not notice.

I'll keep trying to find bugs for as long as you wish, as I am lucky enough the be able to test on F Series and H Series. I love this app.

Personally I am really looking forward to the move to 720, but agree that a fully bug free stable vetsion is really important before that happens, especially for D Series users.

I am delighted that there is active development and all progress is good.

Thank you very much for everything you are doing. It is appreciated, even the less exciting bits.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 3

FrostByte

@@CBers Option for slideshow limit could be a thing. When the slideshow completes I think it would repeat the same pictures but it would be a good idea to detect that and get a new batch, then you'd have the best of both worlds.

If it just randomly requested another 3000 pictures a lot of the pictures may still be the same unless you somehow tracked which ones it already had and then requested 3000 different pictures.  Of course after 5 hours of pictures it may not be a big deal to repeat some

• Like 1

A slightly earlier release today as I'm off out.

v0.593l
Fixed: Can't sign in with a hidden user. (Thanks @@Spaceboy )
Fixed: Can't set a hidden user as default. (Thanks @@Spaceboy )
Fixed: Usernames should not be case sensitive.
Fixed: Settings page text changed from MediaBrowser to Emby. (Thanks @@FrostByte )
Disabled the Tools key while music controls are on screen. Press Return instead. (Caused page focus problems in slideshows.)
Return always shown on music controls.
Info buttons remain on screen for a few seconds when a slideshow starts.

• Like 5

Good evening. A pause will work in the application? TV UE32F6400.

Is also possible to assign the button tools menu bar on the blue button touch remote?

56154d75adb86_14817407532.jpg

Edited by vajtek

Hi. Pause? I'm not sure I follow. Yes, pause works.

pause works? I click on the sensor during playback, but the application is does not respond to to pressing.

Hit the More button and then scroll to the pause button from the popup

Thanks so works, but may do so in the plex, without additional clicks?

Good evening. A pause will work in the application? TV UE32F6400.

Is also possible to assign the button tools menu bar on the blue button touch remote?

56154d75adb86_14817407532.jpg

??

FrostByte

I don't think there is anything programmed into the touch pad right now other than scrolling.  There might be a way to program taps on the touch pad, but that is a cmcg question :)

Edit: right now cmcg already is assigning something to the blue button.  You would have to ask him to reprogram to something else.  I don't know how you could do it yourself without changing the code

Edited by FrostByte

If this is not possible, it is impossible to add a blue button in a new software release for all? (I did not see that the blue button in the application wherein is used for any other purpose) (by pressing the blue button - there sidebar)

FrostByte

I think right now the blue button will only hide/show the Now Playing box when playing music.  I suppose it could be programmed to do other things in other areas.  You could add a request to the Feature Request thread