Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

If 1) is re-implemented, then I'd like a way of jumping back to the top of the page/list.

Nice, if the Red button can't be reprogrammed back to jumping to next letter then maybe it can be used to jump back to the top of the list so you can get to top menus faster than scrolling all the way back up again

Sounds good. The info screen is quite out of step with reality at the moment. I think a proper help page, as Chess suggested, is a good idea.

• Like 1

FrostByte

FR: Cosmetic, low priority:

1. In the menu add a line above the first media type and below the last media type so it's easier to delineate the media types from the other functions in the menu list sort of like it is in the webclient.  The section headers/labels would be nice to if there is room
2. Remove the "Media Folders" option from menu.  This is sort of obsolete and is really redundant as it gets you to the same place as the icons right below it, but takes an extra step to get where you want
3.  Add "Photos" and "Music Videos" to menu like in webclient

paulsalter

Soo happy to see this fine app is being improved now in such a short time :)

As I am still a D-Series Blu-Ray Player user, can I suggest a feature before you end the D-Series support?

It would be great if the Play-Time of a file could be displayed in the Blu-Ray Players info display (e.g. I have a 6900-S player which displays the elapsed time of discs).

It worked in Plex but with Emby it only displays "Online".

Again, thanks for your hard work on this!

That would be a very nice addition

My E series Blu-Ray also has this display and playing disc or watching Netflix and you see the time of the show in it

@FrostBytpe

1. It was there already. Showed up on D series, not on others. Don't know why. But I agree with you, if only for client parity.

2. Yes

3. Yes

2 & 3 are high on my list. Media folders totally obsolete. @@Luke already told me off about it :)

FrostByte

Media folders totally obsolete. @@Luke already told me off about it :)

LOL Heh, ya I followed some of his comments in another thread :)

@@DaxterFL & @@paulsalter

That might be a challenge without a test device. Maybe we can look at the Plex code and see how it's done but it might not be something I can commit time to right now.

What do we think about the top menu on the home screen? Seems a bit redundant. I'd like to either remove it or replace it with images like in the web client.

• Like 2

FrostByte

Agree.  It really doesn't need to be there with the menu.  Distracting and uses valuable space.  I'm assuming you're just talking about the main screen for now?  Otherwise you would need new menus or something in the other screens

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

FR: Cosmetic, low priority:

1. In the menu add a line above the first media type and below the last media type so it's easier to delineate the media types from the other functions in the menu list sort of like it is in the webclient.  The section headers/labels would be nice to if there is room
2. Remove the "Media Folders" option from menu.  This is sort of obsolete and is really redundant as it gets you to the same place as the icons right below it, but takes an extra step to get where you want
3.  Add "Photos" and "Music Videos" to menu like in webclient

@FrostBytpe

1. It was there already. Showed up on D series, not on others. Don't know why. But I agree with you, if only for client parity.

2. Yes

3. Yes

2 & 3 are high on my list. Media folders totally obsolete. @@Luke already told me off about it  :)

1. Perhaps have all the Settings at the bottom of the list and the Media at the top, as most people will use Tools menu for media rather than settings.

2. Agree

3. Agree

What do we think about the top menu on the home screen? Seems a bit redundant. I'd like to either remove it or replace it with images like in the web client.

Remove, as long as the options are in the Tools menu, as mentioned here :)

• Like 2

paulsalter

No problem on the display, it was just a 'nice to have feature' but not something that's vital

If you are planning on doing something with the top menu, could this be an option, for me I much prefer using the top menu over the slide out menu bar

I find things easier to use when they are visible and not hidden, not a fan of the minimalistic approach of hiding things behind menus

• Like 1

CBers

Remove, as long as the options are in the Tools menu, as mentioned here :)

If you are planning on doing something with the top menu, could this be an option, for me I much prefer using the top menu over the slide out menu bar

I find things easier to use when they are visible and not hidden, not a fan of the minimalistic approach of hiding things behind menus

I guess if it's possible, then option to have one or the other ??

FrostByte

Another option make it just like the webclient.  Move media types to the menu, then have Home, Next Up, Favorites, Up Coming along the top.   Remove Favorites from menu then also.  If you're going to have something at the top why not something different like the webclient.  Otherwise it's redundant and uses space you could use otherwise

• Like 4

FrostByte

Ones who still want the media Folders right there on the main screen can already set that in the options now.  Best of both worlds

Edited by FrostByte

Re: top menu. The aim is to avoid making anything more clicks away than it is now. I always use the side menu to head to the home page but from there I use the top menu to access music as it's a couple less clicks. I'd don't think we'll rush into removing it but we'll try to make the side menu a better destination for media types by reorganising it as discussed.

FR: Any chance of getting Remote Control from the web client incorporated into the app ??

No idea how to do that but I can look at it perhaps.

• Like 1

MongooseMan

It's useful for those of us with the new remotes. They don't have a "Tools" key, so we have to press "Keypad", and then scroll to "Tools" using the pointer.

samsung_h6400_4.jpg?itok=kcxYKxew

Edited by MongooseMan
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Can the Red button be made to do the same thing as that isn't being used anymore?

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

SilentAssassin

I've asked before and not sure if it's planned or how much it's used by others but I would love trailer support for my movies. 

Yes it can. I'd planned to make that the help button, but this takes precedence. Unless we can use that Menu key. I'll look into it.

MongooseMan

Yes it can. I'd planned to make that the help button, but this takes precedence. Unless we can use that Menu key. I'll look into it.

Not sure if anyone's asking my permission, but I'm all for using one of the buttons on my remote instead of "Tools", since it'd make my life a lot easier.

Afaik, Blue is "Info", Green is "Mark as watched". Don't think the other 2 are used at the moment.

Edited by MongooseMan