Beta Release Thread

cmcg

gogreenpower

Well, I've just updated to the beta release, and I'm seeing these problems on it. I forgot to say that I already updated, sorry. 0.593f it says in the very nice new menu.

I use my media folder view a lot, but I see that others don't. Maybe it could be optional to habe it at the top?

You can change your home page to show your media folders, I use them exclusively, so I've not updated yet, gonna have a play layer and see how it looks

Green.

FrostByte

I don't think cmcg has changed anything yet on the main screen that would effect that so you should be okay to update.  You can always fall back to 590 too I guess :)

Ultroman

You can change your home page to show your media folders, I use them exclusively, so I've not updated yet, gonna have a play layer and see how it looks

Green.

Yeah, I know, but I like to have 'Resume' and 'Next up' as my two main screen rows, and with just one click of the Up-button I could get to my folders. Perfect setup in my book.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Question.

On my home screen, I have Resume All Items as my Home View 1 and TV Next Up as my Home View 2.

When I have no Resume items, the TV Next Up list is pageable up/down.

When I do have Resume items, the TV Next Up is only scrollable left to right.

Why is that ??

It does this for other items on Home View also.   It moves right and left when you have two views so that you don't lose everything when scrolling.  If it went up/down then it would be a whole new group of episodes/movies would show instead of changing 1 episode/movie at a time. 

FrostByte

Yeah, I know, but I like to have 'Resume' and 'Next up' as my two main screen rows, and with just one click of the Up-button I could get to my folders. Perfect setup in my book.

If he replaced the items at the top with the ones that are on the webclient (Home, Next Up, Favorites, Upcoming) then you could add media folders to the main screen and save yourself some clicks ;) 

Ultroman

If he replaced the items at the top with the ones that are on the webclient (Home, Next Up, Favorites, Upcoming) then you could add media folders to the main screen and save yourself some clicks ;)

True ;) Edited by Ultroman

gogreenpower

I think I have stumbled across a bug, I have a mkv dual audio file that when I try and switch audio tracks the screen goes black and loading appears in the usual spot. I'll get the log.

Green.

Edited by gogreenpower

FrostByte

Just remembered that has been reported before, found the other thread.  Until it gets fixed the best to do is change your default audio track to the one you need.  Hopefully there is only one that you use the most

Edit: if the other audio track is another language you could also try changing the default language in Settings until this gets fixed.  Then it should grab the other

Edited by FrostByte

gogreenpower

I'm on my iPhone so I may have missed it but I couldn't find the server log, where does that live?

Is setting the default audio track a server option?

Green.

MongooseMan

Nope, nothing like that, is it theme music?

Which brings me to another FR, I have tv themes for all my series and I can't get that to work so I assume it's not currently supported? Any chance of squeezing that in

Green.

No, it's always different music (like actual band music, last time I used SoundHound and found out it was a song by The Shins, for example). It's not even music I have on my system, so it's a weird mystery.

gogreenpower

Has anyone else noticed any issues with subtitles? I get the sub about 5 seconds before the actual speaking. Tested on two movies

Green.

FrostByte

I'm on my iPhone so I may have missed it but I couldn't find the server log, where does that live?

Is setting the default audio track a server option?

Green.

The server log will be on the server machine of course in the folder C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Server\logs

To change the default audio track you will need to remux the mkv using a tool like MKVToolnix GUI.  Only takes a few seconds, no encoding involved

FrostByte

Not sure if you saw my edit, but if the other audio track is a different language then you can also temporarily change your default language.  Then it should pick up the other.  Changing the default audio track is the best way to go though for now until fixed. 

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Has anyone else noticed any issues with subtitles? I get the sub about 5 seconds before the actual speaking. Tested on two movies

Green.

I only have a few movies with external subs.  I played the first 5 minutes of Amelie and Das Boot with no problems.  Maybe someone else seen this

CBers

Green.

Is this when switching them on part way through playback?

I have, but I thought it was maybe the subtitle file being incorrect.

Although, I'd I stopped playback and started again and they have synced up.

A few long-standing bugs being reported today. Thanks all. I'll add them to my list and see what I can do. I don't want to be too invasive when I've come to this code quite recently. Softly softy until I know my way around a bit better.

@@gogreenpower That subtitle sync problem can crop up but whenever I've seen it I've been able to demonstrate that the subs files was in error. Chess had put in a sync offset option but I don't think it was completely successful and he took it out.

@@MongooseMan Oh brother, I stayed up really late getting that damn button working. Oh well. Live and learn. I do want to direct a lot of navigation through that menu so it's important to have it accessible. Maybe an interesting option would be to navigate left from the edge of the screen and have the whole thing slide over. You do have a left button? :)

@@SilentAssassin @@Spaceboy @@Ultroman The whole page scrolling down is clearly my fault. I'd seen it in the emulator but not on my set so I thought it was ok. It's caused by the sliding music player starting life off screen.

@@CBers HomeOneItem and HomeTwoItems are separate code pages. The behaviour is intended. Makes sense to me. You?

I've not changed any code regarding what items are displayed on the main screen or the top menu (or the side menu for that matter, it's just a makeover). We're just kicking ideas around in this thread and everyone's are welcome.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

CBers

@@CBers HomeOneItem and HomeTwoItems are separate code pages. The behaviour is intended. Makes sense to me. You?

If separate code pages it makes sense. Perhaps down the road it can be made more dynamic like the web client.

You mean you haven't fixed everything yet? :)

Cheeky :D

FrostByte

Cheeky :D

Ya, I'm sure the bad American humor part there got lost and I'm in the doghouse now.  In actuality I use this app mainly for watching episodes/movies and it plays everything I have with no problems.  My Scottish wife would be happier if cmcg just left it alone.  She doesn't like change

• Like 1

Ultroman

@@SilentAssassin @@Spaceboy @@Ultroman The whole page scrolling down is clearly my fault. I'd seen it in the emulator but not on my set so I thought it was ok. It's caused by the sliding music player starting life off screen.

I'm just happy you know what's causing it :)

If it helps regarding the sorting issue, I can make an image with my current Media Folder view, and type in which of the items have which sorting name. Unless you know the cause of this already.

I really can't tell you how much your work is appreciated! I have missed my subtitles. Finally my gf and I can watch Beck again :D

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 2

You're welcome @@Ultroman

That image would be appreciated, thanks.

I've confirmed that the scrolling down off-screen does not occur on my F series. That's the problem with this app - too many platforms to support.

Ultroman

You're welcome @@Ultroman

That image would be appreciated, thanks.

I've confirmed that the scrolling down off-screen does not occur on my F series. That's the problem with this app - too many platforms to support.

I hear you! I make websites and email-templates for a living...if only someone would make a standard! Every client reads the code differently. Mails are a nightmare!

I'll make that image tomorrow. Family get-together today.

Edited by Ultroman