Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

Mine is close to his.  The only thing I can do with the touchpad is scroll from Now Playing to Screen.   I tried clicking the edges of the touchpad and tapping the middle and they don't appear to be programmed for anything.  Supposedly they can be programmed like a laptop touchpad can?

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

I can't figure out how to pause/play with that remote.

OK, figured it.

Press MORE, then using the touch pad, swipe right and you get different interfaces. There are 3 in total.

On one of them, there is the play/pause controls.

FrostByte

Ya, I think he found it now.  Now he wants to know if the edges or middle of the touchpad can be programmed for different functions so you don't have to click more.  I guess Plex lets you do that?

v0.593m
Removed "Now Playing" from the music player. Feature will not be implemented in this release.
Fixed: Focus lost when closing music controls from Settings, Log and TV pages.
Fixed: Count undefined listing Upcoming TV by genre. (thanks @@fluffykiwi )
Fixed: Whole screen shifts vertically on H Series in Album/Artist & Album Listing pages. (thanks @@fluffykiwi )
Fixed: Long song names not truncated in album lists and on the music player.

Modest changes again towards a release. I tidied up the style statements on the album listing page and moved them into the CSS file in preparation for adding a Now Playing page and so I know where everything is when we start the 720p upgrade. More to do on that stuff. Otherwise the 720p upgrade will be a nightmare. :)

• Like 4

FrostByte

Definately this release.  Tried again and no go.  Just throwing this out there that this is exactly what the guys with the H series TVs that stopped working saw when chess wrote his major update to v550.  I think everyone assumed it was a firmware update, but now I'm not sure

• Like 1

CBers

Can't get it to load. It deleted the old version, but won't complete the install

Damn!

Definately this release. Tried again and no go. Just throwing this out there that this is exactly what the guys with the H series TVs that stopped working saw when chess wrote his major update to v550. I think everyone assumed it was a firmware update, but now I'm not sure

Interesting.

CBers

If cmcg got it loaded then it must be working for some

I assume you did the usual power cycle?

You've probably scared other people off from updating now though :)

I can't try at the moment, but will tomorrow when I get a chance, unless CMCG responds before then.

At least you can use Chess's version as a fallback, minus the subtitles :)

• Like 1

Ere, not sure how to say this so I'll just own up. I forgot to put .zip on the end of the file name. 

*ducks for cover*

Sorry. Can you try now please?

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 2

FrostByte

Ok, the wife is watching Bones right now so I will try it in a bit.  Bummer it was so easy.  I was sort of hoping we could have stumbled onto why some of the H series TVs don't work. 

FrostByte

Tonight's server log. What a goon. Sorry about that.

Heh, np.  That's what beta testing is all about.  I have 2 F devices anyway. Plus if you brick my TV then I get an upgrade :) 

• Like 1

FrostByte

I'm in.  That fixed it, thanks again cmcg.  I'll play with it a little and see if I can find anything

• Like 1

fluffykiwi

0.593m working fine here as well on both f series bluray player and h series tv.

Updating my music collection metadata etc to better test music at present.

• Like 1

FrostByte

I'm sure you will find a few things wrong with music.  It's sort of the forgotten media type with this app.

fluffykiwi

I think most of the things wrong with Music will be more like feature requests, and/or making it seem more integrated and in the same style as the Video playback sections. Probably best left to the dev to update as and when they feel the urge.

I'm only going to try to spot things that are implemented, but not working as expected.

I can understand why it could be considered the forgotten media type, as it is a part that I had not even tried until very recently, and then mostly due to looking for bugs. I haven't even tried a playlist yet. :)

• Like 3

I don't think music is in too bad shape. I wish the list of currently queued songs was easy to get back to, but I've shelved that for now. I'd also like to be able to press play from anywhere and the currently highlighted music is queued, whether that's an album, an artist or whatever.

• Like 3

FrostByte

I haven't even tried a playlist yet. :)

Make sure you now where you're at, I was moving fast while testing and accidentally deleted mine thinking I was on shuffle :)

• Like 1

That's fixed in the next beta. You might want to wait as it's bloody confusing in there right now!

• Like 2