Beta Release Thread

cmcg

It does to me since I put it there. :)

I had hoped there might be some other stuff on top though....

• Like 1

The fact that it says GuiDisplay_Series in your log and has 2010 on the screenshot is all wrong. It's like it's trying to load your photo collection into the TV series page. I take it everything looks normal in the web client?

FrostByte

The second pic is a different error I think.  That's from Media Folders and the 2010 is a subfolder (I have subfolders with different Years

The other info is from Clicking Photos in the Menu.  I get nothing when clicking there.  It just dumps back to Home

Yes, but the grey box next to it is normally used for meta data in the series view. Also Media Folders doesn't have a Favourites function button.

What you're looking at is more like this..

562f9ddd89a14_Series100c.png

• Like 1

FrostByte

The fact that it says GuiDisplay_Series in your log and has 2010 on the screenshot is all wrong. It's like it's trying to load your photo collection into the TV series page. I take it everything looks normal in the web client?

Oh, I loaded last nights episode of The Big Bang Theory real quick at the end to see if that worked.  Everything above that is from Clicking on Photos from the Menu.  I can redo the error with a clean log if you wish

CBers

The second pic is a different error I think.  That's from Media Folders and the 2010 is a subfolder (I have subfolders with different Years

The other info is from Clicking Photos in the Menu.  I get nothing when clicking there.  It just dumps back to Home

Just got home again, so I'll have a play with the Photos a bit more.

I also have sub-folders in my Photos folder, similar to your - Photos/Year/Month/Event.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Yes, but the grey box next to it is normally used for meta data in the series view. Also Media Folders doesn't have a Favourites function button. What you're looking at is more like this..

Ahh, ya you're correct.  That shouldn't be there. I can get to my Photos though if I click Enter from Media Folders...Photos...Year.  After I get past that screen everything looks good.

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

You can't see it in my pic, but the box to the right of the year has the total number of pics in that year.  There are just over 3000 pics in 2012 alone.  I have almost 11K photos in my database and a ton more I could add :)

CBers

Ok, a little more information. I'm seeing this on my HTS and my TV

If you set Default User to false, then clicking Photos on the Main Menu will bring up the Logon screen. After clicking the user it dumps you back to the Home screen

If you have Default User set to True, then clicking Photos from the Menu just dumps you back to the Home screen

Edit: even when you're in movies it dumps back to Home when clicking Photos. It pauses like it's trying to do something, then movies shows up for a second and then it dumps all the way back to Home automatically

I can't reproduce any of that on my TV.

CBers

Btw that's a pic of glare on my tv, not the actual glare on my tv taken by this pic :) If that makes sense

562f973181017_WP_20151027_003.jpg

That glary picture is the backdrop for the folder that's come from somewhere.

I have it, but it's not so bright, plus I have my Photos folders displayed OK.

CBers

You can't see it in my pic, but the box to the right of the year has the total number of pics in that year. There are just over 3000 pics in 2012 alone. I have almost 11K photos in my database and a ton more I could add :)

I'm not seeing any box relating to metadata or number of items in the folder, just the folder name, which in my setup, is the year.

FrostByte

@@CBers, so yours works both from the menu and from Media Folders?

Edit: I can get to Photos from Media Folders...Photos, but get that weird screen first with the Years. 

It doesn't work at all from the menu.  Just exits back.  I wonder if it's because of the number of photos

Edited by FrostByte

Ultroman

Exciting! Now it is much easier for me to see which files work in the Home Videos view. All the ones with blank thumbnails won't start.

Which now shows me that my samples work, but the originals don't. Weird.

post-6264-0-59386900-1445976647_thumb.jpg

FrostByte

Exciting! Now it is much easier for me to see which files work in the Home Videos view. All the ones with blank thumbnails won't start.

Which now shows me that my samples work, but the originals don't. Weird.

How did you make your samples?

Ultroman

Cut them with SolveigMM. It must do some fixing. It's supposed to be unintrusive. Is there a way to cut them without fixing them? :P

FrostByte

That's what I thought slicing would do, but maybe not.  I usually use MKVToolNix/mkvmerge to split.  Maybe if you tried remuxing the original using whatever tool it will fix them also

FrostByte

@@CBers do you see the red Favorites button at the bottom when you go into Photos from the old Media Folders way?  Based on what cmcg said I wonder if Emby thinks it's of mixed content.  Are all your pictures jpg?  I have some that are png, everything is jpg or png.  Strange that I never had this problem before.  I used to be able to go to Media Folders...Photos and then see the Year subfolders just fine

Edit: I also have a bunch of panoramic photos which are very wide

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

I have a mix of jpg, png and video files.

Not in front of the TV at the moment, but I don't think there was a Favourite button on-screen.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Everything else new/fixed in this release seems to be working for me on both devices, including genres and home videos.  Thanks cmcg

• Like 2