Beta Release Thread

cmcg

Deihmos

v0.593a

Tools menu slides into view.

Tools menu redesigned with more Embyesque style.

Removed splashscreen clock.

Better identification of Samsung Blu-ray Disk player models.

Undefined error within genre option. (Thanks @fluffykiki)

Spelling error within Show Larger Icons: across. (Thanks @fluffykiki)

5609b41597758_593.png

How did you get this to look so sharp? It looks a bit low res on my 1080p TV. Is there a way to up the resolution?

FrostByte

The app is low resolution only for now because the D series devices can not do high resolution images.  The plan as I understand is to get a good 1.0 fixing most of the bugs, then create a branch and go with 720p for version 2.0

Edit: those images are probably taken from the emulator while running on his computer. 

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

No, you should see them on the A-Z page, the music page, the Media Folders. Everywhere that the other "shift up and down" method of indicating selection is not used.

Ultroman

@@Ultroman - Possibly Emby has inspected the samples and got media info for them, but not the originals?

Did you do as @@FrostByte suggested and remove the folder from Emby and re-add it?

I've tried removing the folder and adding it again. Same problem. I've listed a bunch of releases I'm experiencing this issue with here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26108-report-a-bug/?p=259667

Ultroman

No, you should see them on the A-Z page, the music page, the Media Folders. Everywhere that the other "shift up and down" method of indicating selection is not used.

Can we not also have the awesome glow on the shift-up-and-down-selection?

• Like 1

FrostByte

I've tried removing the folder and adding it again. Same problem. I've listed a bunch of releases I'm experiencing this issue with here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/26108-report-a-bug/?p=259667

Have you tried remuxing them?  If splitting them helped then it may just be the headers are messed up.  Better than reencoding, at least the video/audio should be untouched when remuxing

Ultroman

Have you tried remuxing them?  If splitting them helped then it may just be the headers are messed up.  Better than reencoding, at least the video/audio should be untouched when remuxing

I'll give it a try, but I really hope it's something else. 8 newer releases showing this behaviour, it's alarming and weird, since they work well in the TV-type folders.

FrostByte

Agree, that would be a pita to remux every time.  It's just strange that once split the files worked fine.  Emby doesn't like something about them though

• Like 1

Can we not also have the awesome glow on the shift-up-and-down-selection?

I was just trying a few different things in the betas. Probably best to see what's working a pick one. The movement is ok but we're a bit pushed for space and you do lose sight of what's selected sometimes so it could still do with a border.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

CBers

@@cmcg - occasionally, I start the app and it gets stuck at the splash-screen with no version displayed.

I thought it was to do with Emby server being restarted, but not displaying the version number is before it connects to the server isn't it?

CBers

Just had to change the clock offset to -1, as it was an hour fast!

The time on the TV is correct and the app has been displaying the correct time recently, as I posted earlier in this thread.

Confusing!!

paulsalter

Hi,

This might be coincidence, but thought I would ask here incase something in the app has changed

Since I updated to the latest Beta yesterday, all my AVI files are now transcoding, it comes up on screen that it is transcoding video and audio, these always used to be direct stream

I am on the Beta release for sever so might have had an update there which caused it, not near server at the moment to check if its been updated

Apart from the above happening in the last day, not had any other issues, everything is working really well

paulsalter

@@paulsalter - which TV do you have?

Have you tried the Stable Release to see if they transcode with that as well?

Hi

Mine is the BD-E6100 Blu-Ray player

Do you mean stable release of app or server?

App I can give a try later today when at the machine, server I am not sure how to revert back

Been looking to see if any mention of device profiles changes for latest server but not finding anything

@@cmcg - occasionally, I start the app and it gets stuck at the splash-screen with no version displayed.

I thought it was to do with Emby server being restarted, but not displaying the version number is before it connects to the server isn't it?

The splash screen is displayed while the client is deciding what to do with the logon. IE. auto-logon or display the servers or users page. So this lock up to do with what's going on in the background. I may be able to include some more robust connection checking or otherwise improve it. File bug if you manage to reproduce it consistently.

• Like 1

CBers

The splash screen is displayed while the client is deciding what to do with the logon. IE. auto-logon or display the servers or users page. So this lock up to do with what's going on in the background. I may be able to include some more robust connection checking or otherwise improve it. File bug if you manage to reproduce it consistently.

So at what point does the app version number get displayed ??

The splashscreen is one of the few html elements not hidden by default. So it's on straight away when the app starts.

But the version number is only added right at the end of Main.onload, just before the timer that will hide the splashscreen 2500ms later.

So a crash that displays the splash image but no version is somewhere in Main.onload, which deals with things like check product type, check http connection etc.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Since I updated to the latest Beta yesterday, all my AVI files are now transcoding, it comes up on screen that it is transcoding video and audio, these always used to be direct stream

I am on the Beta release for sever so might have had an update there which caused it, not near server at the moment to check if its been updated

There were some changes, can you post the mediainfo for one of your files which transcodes now?

Edited by FrostByte

My big problem now is the way that this server update creates thumbnails for photo albums. I used to get the enhanced images with slices of the contained content. These were static images held in the cache and rapidly served. Now it seems to choose a contained image at random to act as the album thumb. I'm ok with that but it regenerates it each time which is massively slowing down our new photo browser.

Can anyone point me to an installer for the previous stable server so I can compare?

paulsalter

There were some changes, can you post the mediainfo for one of your files which transcodes now?

Hi,

Thanks for reply

Here is a couple of examples that used to direct stream and now transcode

Thanks

5632201745c65_hamediainfo.png5632202665354_ssmediainfo.png

FrostByte

Well, I see why it is transcoding now.  Do you have the program mediainfo installed?  Need to see how many reference frames are in that file