Beta Release Thread

cmcg

CBers

They'll be something a bit more interesting (if less stable!) for us to look at soon.

Sounds intriguing!

paulsalter

Hi,

Can you guys do me a favour? Can you download the new stable release and check it installs and looks ok? It should be exactly the same as 0.593r. All I did was open the zip file and change the version number.

Thanks. They'll be something a bit more interesting (if less stable!) for us to look at soon.

Just tried it on my E series Blu-ray

All installed fine and don't notice any issues with it

*not tried playing anything, but visually looks fine

FrostByte

Hi,

Can you guys do me a favour? Can you download the new stable release and check it installs and looks ok? It should be exactly the same as 0.593r. All I did was open the zip file and change the version number.

Thanks. They'll be something a bit more interesting (if less stable!) for us to look at soon.

Hi,

Installed on both TV and HTS, all working great.

Thanks cmcg for everything, really appreciate it. 

You should take a well deserved break after a major release ;)

Hi,

Loads Ok here on E-Series TV. Thanks

CBers

When selecting Audio from the Tools menu during playback, it says that it is transcoding, but it isn't.

I tried changing the audio and the app froze. I think this is an old issue and not something I would normally do.

CBers

I'm seeing quite long response times from the server to my TV/app (TV IP is 192.168.1.199)

2015-10-17 13:17:10.6033 Info - Trakt: Playback Started
2015-10-17 13:17:10.6033 Debug - Trakt: fe8e98c1df54d9b502474bab46ee8982 appears to be monitoring \\MEDIASERVER-3\TV\Hawaii Five-0\Season 6\Hawaii Five-0 - 6x04 - Ka Papahana Holo Pono.mkv
2015-10-17 13:17:10.6033 Debug - Trakt: Send episode status update
2015-10-17 13:17:10.6543 Info - App: HttpClientManager POST: https://api-v2launch.trakt.tv/scrobble/start
2015-10-17 13:17:13.5685 Info - HttpServer: HTTP GET http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser/Videos/d217ea0fdaf5fc20e9e0dd61c1b12692/Stream.mkv?static=true&MediaSourceId=d217ea0fdaf5fc20e9e0dd61c1b12692&api_key=3936827de7054a529e92c6bcc99dac4d&DeviceId=SHCHU5ARL4PQ2&StartTimeTicks=0
Ip: 192.168.1.199:41501. Headers: User-Agent=Lavf52.104.0,Accept=*/*,Range=bytes=5568-,Connection=close,Host=192.168.1.140:8096
2015-10-17 13:17:18.1518 Info - HttpServer: HTTP POST http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser/Sessions/Playing/Progress
Ip: 192.168.1.199:41503. Headers: Host=192.168.1.140:8096,Authorization=MediaBrowser Client="Samsung TV", Device="Samsung UE46F8000", DeviceId="SHCHU5ARL4PQ2", Version="v0.593", UserId="fe8e98c1df54d9b502474bab46ee8982",X-MediaBrowser-Token=3936827de7054a529e92c6bcc99dac4d,User-Agent=Mozilla/5.0 (SmartHub; SMART-TV; U; Linux/SmartTV+2013; Maple2012) AppleWebKit/535.20+ (KHTML, like Gecko) SmartTV Safari/535.20+,Content-Type=application/json; charset=UTF-8,Accept=*/*,Accept-Encoding=gzip, deflate,Connection=Keep-Alive,Content-Length=224
2015-10-17 13:17:18.3508 Info - HttpServer: HTTP Response 204 to 192.168.1.199. Response time: 199.0114 ms.
Url: http://192.168.1.140:8096/mediabrowser/Sessions/Playing/Progress
2015-10-17 13:17:22.6910 Info - HttpServer: HTTP Response 500 to 192.168.1.199. Response time: 9122.5218 ms.

HTTP Response 204 is "The server successfully processed the request, but is not returning any content."

HTTP Response 500 is "A generic error message, given when an unexpected condition was encountered and no more specific message is suitable."

9122ms/9 seconds is quite a wait.

Truncated server log here for reference.

FrostByte

When selecting Audio from the Tools menu during playback, it says that it is transcoding, but it isn't.

I tried changing the audio and the app froze. I think this is an old issue and not something I would normally do.

Ya, that has been around for awhile.  We should probably add that to the bug list so it's captured.  The only real fix right now is to remux the file setting the default audio to the one you want to use in this app.

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

The only real fix right now is to remux the file setting the default audio to the one you want to use in this app.

I normally do with movies with DTS, due to my Sonos PlayBar not supporting it.

This was a new movie I hadn't re-encoded.

I wonder if it's due to the DTS setting being off, but I tried to play the DTS track.

FrostByte

Could be.  Usually I remux anything I download so I only have 1 video, audio, etc track.  Luckily for me my HTS supports all the same codecs as my TV.  I'll get something together and play with it some just so I can experience the problem.  Do you want to add it to the tracker?

CBers

Could be.  Usually I remux anything I download so I only have 1 video, audio, etc track.  Luckily for me my HTS supports all the same codecs as my TV.  I'll get something together and play with it some just so I can experience the problem.  Do you want to add it to the tracker?

I'll add it when I get a chance.

• Like 1

Ultroman

Well, other than the Left-button being annoying, I'm having major a/v sync issues with several different rips. That's a showstopper for me. It has been that way for ages, though. The higher the bitrate, the higher the probability and severity. And with no way to correct it, I'm cut off from watching many hq things. I've tried rebooting the tv, restarting the video, ff/rw, pause, chapters, position...no matter what, the sync is randomly off by up to about 400ms.

I'm checking into the state of the indexes of some of the affected files, but it's a wide range of hq videos, most from respected suppliers, and they play flawlessly on PC. I'll bring back more information.

I've looked into the sync problem.

Apparently most of the affected files are MKVs with MPEG-4 AVC video streams in them (format shows as mp2t in Samsung native player) and DTS sound streams. I've attached a MediaInfo-log of one of the files.

In the native Samsung player they show as being 30-31GB, even though they're only about 6gb, and they show as about 277 hours even though they're only about 57 minutes, and FF/RW doesn't work properly, but the audio and video are in sync when I play them.

The Emby player/server registers their size and length properly, and I can FF/RW to my hearts content...but the audio and video are not in sync, except on random occasions.

I've tried remuxing and reindexing the files, but the random sync problem remains. I can make a sample to send, or you can get Game of Thrones S3 PublicHD yourself.

They play flawlessly in the Emby webplayer on my laptop, even with excessive skipping back and forth. Same in the Emby Android app on my phone. No sync issues.

I've tried turning DTS transcoding on and off, it doesn't make a difference.

Sync-flawed video file info.txt

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I can't find S3, I did find GoT s04e02 and s04e04 PublicHD.  Do all the PublicHD releases of GoT have the same issue?

• Like 1

Ultroman

I can't find S3, I did find GoT s04e02 and s04e04 PublicHD.  Do all the PublicHD releases of GoT have the same issue?

It's on Kickass. Try searching for season 3 instead of S3. I don't have the same problem with the other seasons.

FrostByte

I don't think I'm going to get that file seeded in my lifetime.  Have you tried playing your file from usb using the built in Samsung media app?  Usually a good way to test to see if the TV can play your videos without any issues.  I would also remux your files into m2ts, or something that is supported per the user's manual

Not seeing anything wrong in your media info file though, looks typical.  I've got several mkv files that are bigger which play just fine

shorty1483

Not beeing able to be around often the last two weeks my family's really pleasured to use the .593 stable atm. Great job from @@cmcg and all the other contributors/helping members!

The real last thing which annoys me (lil bit :D) is the still not working subtitles on H6270 TV :(

I am able to choose a sub, the setting in Tools menu also sticks, but the subs are simply not shown. Since last two server versions, I got a ffmpeg-sub-extract-log. Until today I was never able to see a sub inside Emby app.

All the other stuff is near to perfect. And this is the opinion of my wife (a person who usually hates techy stuff and apps).

ffmpeg-sub-extract-c9b25836-807f-4b86-9c4c-18ec5bf366e0.txt

Edited by shorty1483

Ultroman

I don't think I'm going to get that file seeded in my lifetime. Have you tried playing your file from usb using the built in Samsung media app? Usually a good way to test to see if the TV can play your videos without any issues. I would also remux your files into m2ts, or something that is supported per the user's manual

Not seeing anything wrong in your media info file though, looks typical. I've got several mkv files that are bigger which play just fine

Thanks for the advice. I'll try that, and see what happens. It's just weird that everything is fine in any other player. And that it says it is playing using direct stream. It all seems to be in order...only the sync is funky.

FrostByte

Not beeing able to be around often the last two weeks my family's really pleasured to use the .593 stable atm. Great job from @@cmcg and all the other contributors/helping members!

The real last thing which annoys me (lil bit :D) is the still not working subtitles on H6270 TV :(

I am able to choose a sub, the setting in Tools menu also sticks, but the subs are simply not shown. Since last two server versions, I got a ffmpeg-sub-extract-log. Until today I was never able to see a sub inside Emby app.

All the other stuff is near to perfect. And this is the opinion of my wife (a person who usually hates techy stuff and apps).

Do you have an example video file with subtitle you could post on OneDrive or somewhere?

FrostByte

I remuxed it leaving just the default audio and subtitle and I'm still not seeing subtitles when I click Tools

FrostByte

I just extracted the default srt and it is empty?  Nothing in it?

Nm: I'm guessing the default track was the Navi only parts and that's why it's empty.  The other one has some lines

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Ok, I got it to work.  I removed the second audio track and made the other subtitle track the default since the one was empty (Farci parts only?).  Current file has 1 video track, 1 audio track (your default), and the 2 subtitle tracks with the default flag swapped to the all German text).  From my test cmcg is correct that multiple audio tracks is also causing the issue of your subtitles not working.  Having multiple subtitle tracks doesn't seem to be an issue though the other one is empty so I couldn't really swap it to test.  At least it's working on my TV using your file now.

I'm surprised how much German I still know from living there for 4 years long time ago  :)

Edited by FrostByte

Ultroman

This video (see attached MediaInfo file) stalls on "Loading" in the Samsung app, but runs fine on all other clients.

EDIT: This is the error I'm seeing in the app log. "No default video index found. Using index 0."

It was the same error I got, after I tried fixing my async GoT episodes with ffmpeg.exe

Video stalls on Loading.txt

Edited by Ultroman