Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

This is fixed in the next beta. Well done and thanks for being such awesome beta testers. I think we're starting to really get somewhere now.

Well, I got Halo 5 today so I may be splitting my time up some to play that or at least use PIP and multitask :)

Btw: I added this and another issue where there are too many levels of photo subfolders to the bug list today.  You can mark the one fixed if you wish

Edited by FrostByte

Well, I got Halo 5 today so I may be splitting my time up some to play that or at least use PIP and multitask :)

Btw: I added this and another issue where there are too many levels of photo subfolders to the bug list today.  You can mark the one fixed if you wish

Also fixed. :P

• Like 2

FrostByte

As far as I know they are all the same (I have never had to transcode any AVI files before)

I did a test last night with various ones on the stable version and every one played with Direct Stream

A thought I had, could these changes be implemented in the device profile on the server?, that way those that have the issue with failing to play could have them transcoded, others could just modify the profile so these files are just sent as is to the client

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the profiles to know what would need adding/changing

To me this would make it much easier instead of the app deciding what can be played directly and what needs transcoding

I sent an idea to cmcg, let's see what he says if it's even possible

• Like 1

CBers

Xbox One ??

CBers

Maybe I am too dumb but, I still get kicked back to the Main Screen when selecting a photo going via Media Folders and kicked out of the app when Auto Login is disabled.

AND, I don't see any "Photo Browser" or something similar in the app, only Media Folders.

I am using the latest beta (1.0.0d) on a D-Series Blu-Ray player. 

Do you have View Styles for Photos enabled in your user settings ?

See above.

CBers

Yes

Handle ??

Mine is CBers.

Perhaps one day all Emby users should have an online battle with a popular game !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

FrostByte

Handle ??

Mine is CBers.

Perhaps one day all Emby users should have an online battle with a popular game !?!?!?!?!?!?!?

FrostByteLXV, I'm horrid at online play but don't mind being cannon fodder​.  Might be fun

• Like 1

CBers

FrostByteLXV, I'm horrid at online play but don't mind being cannon fodder​.  Might be fun

Friend request sent :)

1.0.0e
User Settings / Home Screen Settings / View Style is now respected for photos. When this is enabled the enhanced photo browser is used.
Fixed: App aborts when enhanced presentation for photos is not checked.
Fixed: App does not display Photos when photos are 4 levels deep.

You guys that identified the issues in 1.0.0d should be congratulated. Your input is greatly appreciated. I’m concentrating on the image browser right now but I do hear you @@paulsalter on transcoding.

Known issue: Generation of thumbnail images on folders in the photo browser can be slow. Also, it can lock up navigation until it’s finished. This is different to a page of image thumbnails where navigation is possible even while the thumbnails are still populating.

Please test the new photo browser and report your experience, especially around performance and thumbnail generation as I’m still chasing that. Thanks.

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 3

paulsalter

@@paulsalter do you have a H263 video file you can share?  Preferably one of those with the bad Level specified of yours :)

Not easily I'm afraid

I have really poor BB so if I tried to upload a video file somewhere it would take days

I can give you more info on it or test anything if needed

FrostByte

Not easily I'm afraid

I have really poor BB so if I tried to upload a video file somewhere it would take days

I can give you more info on it or test anything if needed

Ok, I think we need to provide something to test in the emulator first.  I'll try to find something online unless you can point us to something somewhere

paulsalter

Ok, I think we need to provide something to test in the emulator first.  I'll try to find something online unless you can point us to something somewhere

An example of one show with issues is the Australian Drama Neighbours

If you can find an AVI download of this at about 175MB it is almost certainly the same as what I have

I get them from a private site which specifically asked members to not mention the site name

Sorry for being vague, but I have seen such sites come and go very quickly when mentioned online, which is why I try to be cautious

FrostByte

Known issue: Generation of thumbnail images on folders in the photo browser can be slow. Also, it can lock up navigation until it’s finished. This is different to a page of image thumbnails where navigation is possible even while the thumbnails are still populating.

I assume you are caching thumbnails on the server, it's a lot faster when scrolling back up once you've already scrolled down your photos.  It's not bad though, but can be very noticeable at times

The Photo slideshow seems to be just fine, no slowdown there

paulsalter

Ok, I know exactly what you're talking about.  I'll try and find that or something else somewhere

Sorry I cant help more with getting the files (looked for public sites, but stupid uk blocks me from the sites:( )

But if you do want anything tested by loading the app onto usb and running from there, I am happy to do it

@@cmcg thanks for the above update

Edited by paulsalter

FrostByte

Can you post a screen shot of mediainfo from the actual program (not from the webclient)  It would be a lot easier to read than the text posted earlier.  I may just encode my own real quick using the same options

paulsalter

signing off now for the night

any more info you need from me let me know and I will get it in the morning

enjoy the rest of your day everyone