Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

1.0.0d

Thinner font on E-Series and above.

Photo browser fixes and item count.

Fixed: Album details overlap CD cover image.

@@FrostByte not sure this will be different for you but let me know. I have made the photo browser code a little more robust so at least it might not crap out completely this time. (Fat chance!)

No dice.  The app still aborts and kicks me out when clicking Photos from the menu and the display is still messed up in Media Folders...Photos.  However, once I do get into Photos from Media Folders it seemed to be a lot quicker with 1.0.0d.  So that is good :)   I still only have my photos from our trip to the UK a month ago so will add the rest back in to see if it gets any slower with more photos.

Oh, btw: On my tv with the Evolution Kit it doesn't remember the install IP any more.  Also, the install deletes the app so I have to enter my server IP and Password also every time I install a new version and then redo all the settings.  I think someone else complained about this before.  Not sure if all H models do this, or if it's a Evo kit thing, but it's is a pita.  My HTS is still good though

• Like 1

Ultroman

Oh, btw: On my tv with the Evolution Kit it doesn't remember the install IP any more.  Also, the install deletes the app so I have to enter my server IP and Password also every time I install a new version and then redo all the settings.  I think someone else complained about this before.  Not sure if all H models do this, or if it's a Evo kit thing, but it's is a pita.  My HTS is still good though

Same thing on both my H-series. As soon as I log out of the SmartTV develop-account after installing, and log into my actual account, and then re-log to the develop-account, it has forgotten the install-IP. But that's not a problem once it hits the store. Also both H-series delete the app on updating, and it forgets all settings.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Same thing on both my H-series. As soon as I log out of the SmartTV develop-account after installing, and log into my actual account, and then re-log to the develop-account, it has forgotten the install-IP. But that's not a problem once it hits the store. Also both H-series delete the app on updating, and it forgets all settings.

Well shoot, the $150 spent on the Evolution kit doesn't seem to be coming out in my favor :)

• Like 1

CBers

No dice. The app still aborts and kicks me out when clicking Photos from the menu and the display is still messed up in Media Folders...Photos. However, once I do get into Photos from Media Folders it seemed to be a lot quicker with 1.0.0d. So that is good :) I still only have my photos from our trip to the UK a month ago so will add the rest back in to see if it gets any slower with more photos.

Not working here either.

If I select Photos from either the top of the Home Screen or from the Tools menu, I get bounced back to the Home Screen.

I can't press play either from the Media Folders to start a slideshow, although the screensaver works.

If I go into the Photos folder, it's looking messed up, similar to what @@FrostByte posted the other day.

If I enable the View Styles for Photos in the Dashboard, then the Media Folder looks OK and allows me to start a slideshow.

I had to disable it the other day as it screws up the Photo Browser in the Android TV app :)

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Oh finally, it's always nice to see someone else have the same issues as yourself so you don't feel silly :)  It is actually kicking you out of the app altogether I bet.  If you don't have auto login enabled then it will probably ask for your password again after clicking Photos. 

Edit: thanks for the tip on View Styles.  I'll try that out

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Auto Login is enabled, so I will try disabling it and see if I get the user list.

I updated the post above, as it is the View Styles for Photos that is causing the issue.

• Like 1

CBers

Oh finally, it's always nice to see someone else have the same issues as yourself so you don't feel silly :) It is actually kicking you out of the app altogether I bet. If you don't have auto login enabled then it will probably ask for your password again after clicking Photos.

Edit: thanks for the tip on View Styles. I'll try that out

Auto Login is enabled, so I will try disabling it and see if I get the user list.

I updated the post above, as it is the View Styles for Photos that is causing the issue.

Yes you're right.

With Auto Login disabled, you are thrown out of the app.

But, with Photos Styles for Photos enabled, all is good again.

@@FrostByte - Try it and see if it fixes your issue.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Photos is working now, thanks @@CBers.  This must be a new default setting because I have never touched that option before. 

So now I don't know if this is a bug, or what?  If nothing else a popup saying you need to enable Style Views for photos to work so it doesn't dump you out. 

Maybe this should be in the Server or User Settings in the app also so you don't have to go to the server and enable it

CBers

I need to speak to @@ebr, as I need to have the option disabled for Photos to work in the Emby for Android TV app.

Enabled for one app and disabled for another app = a bug in my book.

Probably/possibly the server??

• Like 1

FrostByte

There is still a problem when viewing photos from the top or the menu.  I can't seem to navigate from one year to another and if I hit enter the app crashes and brings me to the Home screen

FrostByte

For those wanting to change an incorrect H264 Level within their video files up or down as needed then the program in the below link can help.  It is quick and simple to use and best of all doesn't need to re-encode your files.  It simply allows you to change the hex value of the Level specified in the header of your videos container to the correct one.

http://coolsoft.altervista.org/en/h264leveleditor

• Like 1

paulsalter

Thanks for the link to that app, will keep that in mind for future

For now I am going to wait for a fix, Emby app is the only thing that does not play my content

Have had to revert back to the stable release for now as this direct plays everything without issues

paulsalter

Just tried the above editor and get the following, tried doubling the size limit as it suggested

Is this because my files are MPEG4 and not H,264?

56334763671a7_h264editorresult.png

FrostByte

Ya, this tool probably won't work for you.  My files are all have Mpeg4 codec also but the video must be H264 and say AVC or Advanced Video Codec format for this tool to work. 

There is another guy in here who had a couple H264 AVC files which were set too low and needed to set them to Level 5 so they would transcode and this should work for him.

I don't have any H263 files so never needed a program to fix those, there might be a tool out there for them though so I'll look just in case you want to try it

Edited by FrostByte

paulsalter

Thanks, I will give it a try to see what it does

It's just a pain to have to do this when the files are natively supported on my Samsung now

I have over 1,000 files like this and perhaps add 20 to 25 more each week

CBers

1.0.0d
Thinner font on E-Series and above.
Photo browser fixes and item count.
Fixed: Album details overlap CD cover image.

@@FrostByte not sure this will be different for you but let me know. I have made the photo browser code a little more robust so at least it might not crap out completely this time. (Fat chance!)

@@cmcg - Looks like FrostBytes issue is is related to the View Styles for Photos (see above post).

Is this something you can look at, as I have to have it enabled on the server for the Photo Browser to work in this app, but disabled for it to work in the Android TV app.

I have mentioned it to EBR here.

All very confusing.

I like the new thinner font :)

• Like 2

gogreenpower

Sorry I've been away with work, haven't been able to play, I'm still on the 592dfgh version but I've always had the attempted photo viewing doing, land you back the the main menu.

I'll update later tonight and check again.

Green.

• Like 1

FrostByte

Thanks, I will give it a try to see what it does

It's just a pain to have to do this when the files are natively supported on my Samsung now

I have over 1,000 files like this and perhaps add 20 to 25 more each week

Are all the files which transcode now, but worked before H263?  Just thinking of a solution that may help

CBers

Sorry I've been away with work, haven't been able to play, I'm still on the 592dfgh version but I've always had the attempted photo viewing doing, land you back the the main menu.

I'll update later tonight and check again.

Green.

Make sure you have View Styles for Photos enabled in the Dashboard (see here).

Make sure you have View Styles for Photos enabled in the Dashboard (see here).

This is fixed in the next beta. Well done and thanks for being such awesome beta testers. I think we're starting to really get somewhere now.

• Like 2

paulsalter

Are all the files which transcode now, but worked before H263?  Just thinking of a solution that may help

As far as I know they are all the same (I have never had to transcode any AVI files before)

I did a test last night with various ones on the stable version and every one played with Direct Stream

A thought I had, could these changes be implemented in the device profile on the server?, that way those that have the issue with failing to play could have them transcoded, others could just modify the profile so these files are just sent as is to the client

Unfortunately I don't know enough about the profiles to know what would need adding/changing

To me this would make it much easier instead of the app deciding what can be played directly and what needs transcoding

Edited by paulsalter

CBers

Where is it? In the library section

Green.

No, it's under your user settings, home screen settings.