Beta Release Thread

cmcg

CBers

1.0.0e

User Settings / Home Screen Settings / View Style is now respected for photos. When this is enabled the enhanced photo browser is used.

Fixed: App aborts when enhanced presentation for photos is not checked.

Fixed: App does not display Photos when photos are 4 levels deep.

Photos has disappeared from the Tools menu and the Home Screen.

Photos are now only accessible from Media Folders.

Is this the View Styles setting?

Also, playing of Photos from the top level folder no longer works.

I can only play from a sub folder.

Yes. You need photos ticked in User Settings / Home Screen Settings / View Styles via the web client.

5633c5d930b80_ViewStyles.png

CBers

Currently I have to switch between enabled and disabled when switching between Emby apps due to that bug.

Why can't I play photos from the top level Photos folder anyone though?

That works for me.

Edit. I see. It's not working with the user setting off.

Edited by cmcg

It's because it's not a photos collection anymore. When you disable the photos View Style the server tags it as a generic folder instead of a photos collection. So the player doesn't know what to do with it now.

CBers

It's because it's not a photos collection anymore. When you disable the photos View Style the server tags it as a generic folder instead of a photos collection. So the player doesn't know what to do with it now.

OK, with the option enabled, I can play from the top-level as normal.

I was flicking between the 2 options to test and I think one of the SAVE SETTINGS didn't stick.

FrostByte

I'm starting to see the same things the H series users have

1.  The install actually deletes the app instead of upgrades requiring you to enter all settings every time

2.  The IP/Port box will not come up after loading a new version.  WHen clicking the icon it just sits there and eventually gives up and puts you back in the hub

3.  If you turn off/on your tv after loading a new version then the IP/Port box pops up rgiht away without ever starting the app like it remembered what it was trying to do before

Edit: once you've entered the IP/Port and then password it will come up quickly after that

Edited by FrostByte

Got v1.0.0e on my Samsung 55F8000. I got this remote. Unfortunately I cant stop, start, fast forward etc. Normally I just rub my finger across the pad to fast forward and rewind. I also tried the stable version of emby. Anyway to get this to work?

Samsung-UE55F8000-remote2_original.jpg

FrostByte

For right now you will have to bring up the keypad by clicking "More".  I did put in a FR to add some of those other commands to the 3 bars on the touchpad.  Like skip back on left, maybe skip forward on right.

For right now you will have to bring up the keypad by clicking "More".  I did put in a FR to add some of those other commands to the 3 bars on the touchpad.  Like skip back on left, maybe skip forward on right.

Works! Thx tons for that!

• Like 1

Ultroman

I'm starting to see the same things the H series users have

1.  The install actually deletes the app instead of upgrades requiring you to enter all settings every time

2.  The IP/Port box will not come up after loading a new version.  WHen clicking the icon it just sits there and eventually gives up and puts you back in the hub

3.  If you turn off/on your tv after loading a new version then the IP/Port box pops up rgiht away without ever starting the app like it remembered what it was trying to do before

Edit: once you've entered the IP/Port and then password it will come up quickly after that

I am not seeing behaviour 2 and 3 on my H-series. Everything works fine, except behaviour 1.

Edited by Ultroman

gogreenpower

When clicking on a photo to view I still get booted back to the login screen, I've got 1.0.0e on my UA60H7000.

Here's the log

post-4775-14462608326383_thumb.jpg

It was the first thing I tried to do. I only have 75 photos in one folder that I use for the screen saver

Green.

Edited by gogreenpower

At the risk of sounding sarcastic, did you not try to play "The Lion King"?

There are not enough log messages at the moment. I think I'll add some to try and catch these log out events in the next beta.

• Like 1

gogreenpower

That was definitely the second thing I done. First was straight into photos and clicked on the first one in the list and got booted back to the login screen.

I played a bit more and when you go through the media folders on the top of the screen you only get booted back to the home screen.

Also when you just start the app and go straight to the log without doing anything those first two log lines are there

Green.

It's defiantly a log out event. The result should depend on your log in settings. If you're set to auto-login then you should arrive back at the home screen. Otherwise you'd be at the login screen.

It I add some more logging it should be a little clearer and we'll try to get to the bottom of it.

gogreenpower

post-4775-14462954287972_thumb.jpg

Just wall mounted the Beast today. My 4 year old daughter thinks I have 'powers' to hold it there.

I think I might change 'qualifications' on my resume to 'powers'.....

Green.

• Like 3

FrostByte

Ok, thanks.  I'll see if I get the same.  I've been concentrating on photos lately.

If you could post a screen shot of the mediainfo from the webclient of a file that no longer plays then I'll try and play something similar

FrostByte

Ok, I can see what it is now :)  I'm surprised it's not transcoding though.  The code was changed to check the Level because Samsung devices only support H264 up to Level 4.1.   Anything higher than H264/AVC Level 4.1 throws up an Error 7 and that is why he is forcing a transcode.  So right now ALL files above 4.1 should be transcoding

However, your file is H263/ASP, but the code is seeing the Level 5 and thinking it can't play (though it should be transcoding) because it's not checking the Profile part at the same time as the Level

I believe cmcg is looking at this, but he needs a H263 /ASP with Level > 4.1  file to test and I haven't been able to provide him one, and Handbrake doesn't have the H263 libraries for me to make one.  If we can get him a sample then he can try and exempt H263 files from checking the Level and they should pass through.

If possible could you post a file, or a sliced portion to some online drive so he can test?

Edited by FrostByte