Beta Release Thread

cmcg

shorty1483

Sorry hadn't time to test until now. I have to admit that most of my movies are dual language and with different kind of Subs (forced german / full german not forced). And yay, it works with latest version :D Tried different server settings show only forced and show always subs. When "only show forced subs" is activated, the video never starts on TV (but I recognized this behaviour also on WebClient). But manually selecting during video seems to work. 

5626711ad4245_IMAG0769.jpg

56267137d6224_IMAG0771.jpg

Overall, tha app gets better and better!

Edited by shorty1483
  • Like 2

FrostByte

I have a Samsung J Series TV, not running the Tizen OS - UN65J6203.  Now that I have everything up and running correctly again (stable release), I would like to start using the Beta and providing bugs & feedback.  However, since the J series isn't officially supported are the Dev's willing to look at any bugs I report?

Not a developer, but I don't mind helping where I can.  There might be things we just have to chalk up to your TV being newer and there isn't a test environment available for your tv to test the app with and fix, especially if you're the only one who can produce certain errors 

I'm supper glad that's working better for you @@shorty1483 . It took us a while to zero in on that issue.

@@FrostByte by "normal size" I mean not with cover art as that's what I have so I didn't see the problem before. I quite like the way the Android app screenshot zooms out the selected item a bit. But I'm not so keen on dimming everything else.

Locking on the splash screen was to do with using one of the broken home page views that are now fixed.

@@CBers the F series max level was lowered from 5 to 4.1 which @@FrostByte says is the max for this model and certainly fixed the issue for me. In addition, the code that checked the level was broken so previously there was effectively no max level except on D series (because that uses a lower default.)

• Like 3

shorty1483

I'm supper glad that's working better for you @@shorty1483 . It took us a while to zero in on that issue.

Will investigate as long you are willing to :P

Oh, on backlighting effects. I tried some native CSS backlighting. I looks quite cool but it's not supported on D series so we might need to shelve that for now. 

@paulsalter if you could try different file types, switching audio track if there's more than one, switching subtitle tracks. See if it breaks. Any network disconnect error when trying to play might mean we don't have quite the right model settings. I had a divx level 5 file that wouldn't play but the F series change I just put in fixed that.

@@Jonathon if you could keep an eye on "J series with Smarthub" compatibility for us that would be great. It's probably close to H series but currently it might be detected as D since that's the lowest common denominator. Do you get a lot of transcoding of file types you'd expect to be supported? Maybe in the next release I'll tell it to treat J as H and see what happens. 

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

@@CBers the F series max level was lowered from 5 to 4.1 which @@FrostByte says is the max for this model and certainly fixed the issue for me. In addition, the code that checked the level was broken so previously there was effectively no max level except on D series (because that uses a lower default.)

Cool, glad you were able to find and fix that kind of easily.  I've posted the section from the F series users manual, but if someone with a newer model sees that their tv supports anything higher than 4.1 maybe they can speak up.  It should specify the H264 Level supported somewhere near the same chart in your manual

Maybe Jonathon can post a pic of the chart from his users manual if cmcg is willing to add a section for compatible J series TVs at some point in the future

56268541cd12c_manual.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

Jonathon

Maybe Jonathon can post a pic of the chart from his users manual if cmcg is willing to add a section for compatible J series TVs at some point in the future

Here are the charts for my J series TV:

56270600a2869_Capture1.png

562706474ca82_Capture2.png

• Like 1

Jonathon

@@Jonathon if you could keep an eye on "J series with Smarthub" compatibility for us that would be great. It's probably close to H series but currently it might be detected as D since that's the lowest common denominator. Do you get a lot of transcoding of file types you'd expect to be supported? Maybe in the next release I'll tell it to treat J as H and see what happens. 

I will start paying attention to what is being transcoded.  I am seeing the app return to the login screen when attempting to play certain files.  I am not sure if this is a transcoding issue or not, but will file a bug after I review the logs and determine what is happening.

CBers

@@cmcg - is there any chance of adding the option to show all New Media (but still honouring the server setting) to the Home Views please?

Also, could the Home Views be made bigger so that more information be displayed on the screen, similar to the Emby Dashboard?

Do you have any mockups of how you want to change the Home Screen?

Thanks.

Jonathon

I am have run into many mp4's (h.264/AAC) files that will not play on the Samsung TV app.  When I select play, the app returns to the login screen.  This happens on both the stable and the beta.  The same file works fine on the Fire Stick and the Media Center app on an Xbox 360.  The app log doesn't show anything, but the following is showing up in the server log:

2015-10-20 22:11:09.9613 Error - DtoUtils: ServiceBase<TRequest>::Service Exception
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5724.6
Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
System.FormatException
   at System.Guid.TryParseGuidWithNoStyle(String guidString, GuidResult& result)
   at System.Guid.TryParseGuid(String g, GuidStyles flags, GuidResult& result)
   at System.Guid..ctor(String g)
   at MediaBrowser.Api.TvShowsService.Get(GetEpisodes request)
   at lambda_method(Closure , Object , Object )
   at ServiceStack.Host.ServiceRunner`1.Execute(IRequest request, Object instance, TRequest requestDto)

2015-10-20 22:11:09.9613 Error - HttpServer: Error processing request for /mediabrowser/Shows/9a38ff1f7776be9fc0309a567b37e12c/Episodes?format=json&ImageTypeLimit=1&seasonId=undefined&userId=7853726e1431423e92918c39e6f202d2&AdjacentTo=c3825bf7e52614b49d260d440b106e1d
*** Error Report ***
Version: 3.0.5724.6
Command line: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe -service
Operating system: Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0
Processor count: 8
64-Bit OS: True
64-Bit Process: False
Program data path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server
Application Path: C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MediaBrowser-Server\system\MediaBrowser.ServerApplication.exe
Guid should contain 32 digits with 4 dashes (xxxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxxx).
ServiceStack.HttpError
No Stack Trace Available

Is there a problem with a guid that is being passed?  If this isn't an app issue, I can take this over to the server forum.

Thanks!

@@CBers In truth, I hadn't given any thought to changing the home screen. I rather like the way that it doesn't try to show too much but zeros in the on a few things you might really want. The next show I want to watch is invariable at the top left of my home screen.

The problem with a broad category like "All new media" could be the likelihood that one or two fantastic new movies disappear into a list of fifty photos from last weekend's BBQ or something.

Busy home pages are something I don't think is improved in Emby Theatre or the web client compared to Classic. I'm a long term Classic user, I imagine we all are. Perhaps the discussion should begin what we like about various clients (Emby or others), what themes you uses to have etc. and what we don't.

• Like 1

@@Jonathon "seasonId=undefined" is interesting. Do you not get any error on screen at all? Can you go straight to the log and grab a screen shot after this happens please?

CBers

The problem with a broad category like "All new media" could be the likelihood that one or two fantastic new movies disappear into a list of fifty photos from last weekend's BBQ or something.

As long as the option honours the Latest Items options in the Home Screen settings, then that shouldn't be an issue.

I'd like to see the home screen look more like the Android TV app or the web client do, if possible ;)

Not sure what others think?

Jonathon

@@Jonathon "seasonId=undefined" is interesting. Do you not get any error on screen at all? Can you go straight to the log and grab a screen shot after this happens please?

No errors.  I took a video showing my steps.  http://1drv.ms/1RoaXEj

These are TV recordings that are done in Media Center.  I then use MCEBuddy to convert from .wtv to .mp4.  MCEBuddy then moves the files into another storage directory.  MCEBuddy creates a folder under the main storage directory for the show name:

Directory of F:\Video\TV Shows\Recorded TV Shows\Blindspot

10/20/2015  12:41 AM    <DIR>          .

10/20/2015  12:41 AM    <DIR>          ..

10/04/2015  09:59 AM       864,966,617 Blindspot-2015-09-28 0910.mp4

10/06/2015  01:31 AM       865,480,792 Blindspot-2015-10-05 0110.mp4

10/13/2015  12:33 AM       857,000,530 Blindspot-2015-10-12 0010.mp4

10/20/2015  12:40 AM       867,122,362 Blindspot-2015-10-19 0010.mp4

4 File(s)  3,454,570,301 bytes

I assume the seasonid=undefined is because the files are not in a season subfolder.  I have other recordings using this method that work fine. 

Here is the log from the app immediately after an attempt:

5627b4ef54fce_pic.jpg

One feature request would be to change to a white background when in settings.  The show image makes it difficult to read the black font in the settings.

Thanks

Yes, you're not really getting the same experience as others. The background image should be dimmed and the log text should be white like here...

http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/25916-beta-release-thread/page-29&do=findComment&comment=258861

Also, your log is practially empty so that's a problem in itself.

FrostByte

I'll probably write up a bug on this soon, but changing the Home View options no longer saves your change after hitting Enter and automatically jumps back to the menu list like it did before. These are the only two settings I found that do this, all others seem to still work as expected

CBers

I'll probably write up a bug on this soon, but changing the Home View options no longer saves your change after hitting Enter and automatically jumps back to the menu list like it did before. These are the only two settings I found that do this, all others seem to still work as expected

Just followed the steps you posted in your bug report, but I can't reproduce it.

I change both HV1 and HV2 with both settings staying as selected.

FrostByte

It makes the changes, but is the focus automatically jumping back to the left like it should after you make the change?  I have to arrow back

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Hmm... maybe my remote needs batteries or something.  It's acting wierd.  I'll delete the bug since you can't reproduce. Thanks

CBers

Hmm... maybe my remote needs batteries or something. It's acting wierd. I'll delete the bug since you can't reproduce. Thanks

Report back after replacing the batteries :)

• Like 1

CBers

Just installed the latest beta (v1.0.0b) onto my friend's F6300 and H5500 series TV's.

Edited by CBers
  • Like 1