Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

Main menu open option?

I think it just shifts the page over to the right now instead of the menu overlaying

CBers

Ah yes, I see that now.

Not sure I personally like it, but it's not as bad as the left-arrow issue ;)

• Like 1

CBers

Being picky now !!

There's a space missing between "9" and "items" in the DISPLAY LARGER VIEW description.

USER SETTINGS, Show Larger Icons.

Change "wither" to "either" in Screensaver Image Source description.

Change "photo's" to "photos" in Screensaver Image Source description.

USER SETTINGS, Screensaver Image Source

Change "kicks in" to "starts" in Screensaver Timeout description.

USER SETTINGS, Screensaver Timeout

• Like 1

FrostByte

not as bad as the left-arrow issue ;)

He just needs to figure out how to program that top bar (or maybe the long press) on the touch pad :)

CBers

What initiates a ffmpeg-sub-extract process ??

I tried playing a video with DD from a specific chapter, but it took forever to start and in the end, I had to power cycle the TV as nothing responded.

Audio switching works. I switched from non-transcoded AC3 (DD) to transcoded DTS (to AAC) and back again without issue.

With the non-transcoded AC3 (DD) audio, it still says TRANSCODING in the switch audio menu.

With the transcoded DTS, the INFO button says 1080P/H264/AC3 : Stream Copy - Audio Not First Track

Subtitles seem to work OK, except when transcoding, as they seem to be out quite a bit with the dialogue.

• Like 1

There's a space missing between "9" and "items" in the DISPLAY LARGER VIEW description.

The space is there. It's a font issue.

USER SETTINGS, Show Larger Icons.

Change "wither" to "either" in Screensaver Image Source description.

Done.

Change "photo's" to "photos" in Screensaver Image Source description.

Done.

USER SETTINGS, Screensaver Image Source

Change "kicks in" to "starts" in Screensaver Timeout description.

Done. Plus "until" changed to "before". May pendency rule!

USER SETTINGS, Screensaver Timeout

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

CBers

When changing chapters during playback, there is no time associated with a chapter, like there is in the details screen of a video.

Also, changing chapters during playback, it takes ages to start again, something like 30 seconds.

CBers

How do you use the search function ??

I was trying to search for AVATAR, but all I got on-screen was "buttatappp" !!

That was after pressing 2888282777.

• Like 1

FrostByte

For some reason it didn't find the movie Avatar on my system either.  It found 2 audio tracks from the Avatar soundtrack though.  It did find the movie Spy and a few other movies in another search.  I also noticed it will play movies after finding them, but audio is under construction

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

Ultroman

Ultoman, can you upload a splice? I'm not seeing any sync issues and my files are a lot bigger than yours in the mediainfo

I will compile a bunch of 5 minute samples of videos that do not play or are out of sync on my H-series, along with a MediaInfo-log for each full file.

Now I just have to find an evening to take out of the calendar :P But it'll get there.

Edited by Ultroman
  • Like 1

CBers

There seems to be an issue with TV shows not displaying episodes for the current/latest season.

Fir example, I have all 9 seasons of The Big Bang Theory and all episodes are listed in seasons 1-8, but season 9 is empty, even though there are 5 episodes on it.

The same for all other current seasons of shows.

Can anyone else confirm please.

This is on v1.0.0a of the app and latest Dev server.

FrostByte

I'll check mine in a bit, it is just really painful to have to reenter the password every time because of the splash screen not going away on auto logon :)

CBers

It's the Display Unaired Episodes option.

I remembered changing it to True yesterday, so I just set it to False and now all of the episodes show.

• Like 2

That was a JS error in missing episodes causing the page to be empty. Fixed for the next beta. Thanks.

• Like 1

v1.0.0b
<Things I broke in 1.0.0a>
New TV and New Movies home page views fixed.

TV and Movie posters clipped.
Pages containing missing or unaired episodes were blank.
Favourites page fixed. (Well, it's back how it was, which is fairly terrible.)
<\Things I broke in 1.0.0a>
Fixed: Level not correctly evaluated.
Fixed: Max level on F series changed to 4.1.
Moved Contributors to the Settings page. Renamed it About and wrote your name on it (yes, you!)

• Like 2

CBers

v1.0.0b

<Things I broke in 1.0.0a>

New TV and New Movies home page views fixed.

TV and Movie posters clipped.

Pages containing missing or unaired episodes were blank.

Favourites page fixed. (Well, it's back how it was, which is fairly terrible.)

<\Things I broke in 1.0.0a>

Fixed: Level not correctly evaluated.

Fixed: Max level on F series changed to 4.1.

Moved Contributors to the Settings page. Renamed it About and wrote your name on it (yes, you!)

Unaired Episodes working correctly now.

F series max level changed? Up? Down?

What effect will this have, if any?

Who else is using normal size movie/TV posters like @@FrostByte ? What do they look like in this beta? Is there actually room for the movement type selection?

paulsalter

Thanks for update, not had chance to try the new version yet but will have a look tonight

If there is anything specific on the older E series you want me to check, let me know

FrostByte

Just got back home, will load now and can post some pics of the screen with posters.

Was anything done with the splash screen not going away when remembering the password? 

FrostByte

Circled the poster currently active, you might have enough room there to still do some backlighting if you want.  Not much though

56266463e5a75_WP_20151020_002.jpg

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Who else is using normal size movie/TV posters like @@FrostByte ? What do they look like in this beta? Is there actually room for the movement type selection?

What do you mean by "normal size" ?? I use CoverArt and the images do look a little to much trimmed, but are OK.

I must admit that I personally don't like the way they are highlighted now.

Have you seen how the Emby Android TV app highlights a movie/TV show/episode ??

screen_FTV_31.png

• Like 1

Jonathon

I have a Samsung J Series TV, not running the Tizen OS - UN65J6203.  Now that I have everything up and running correctly again (stable release), I would like to start using the Beta and providing bugs & feedback.  However, since the J series isn't officially supported are the Dev's willing to look at any bugs I report?

FrostByte

I've got the issue with the time being a counter error happening again.  Unless someone has found an easier way I will delete, fallback to stable and then go forward again.

Issue with splash screen not going away when remembering password/auto logging on with default user is fixed.

FrostByte

I like the placement of the contributors in the About.  You may need to also move the version number there if you need more space in the menu, unless you can make some sort of menu that will scroll down when it gets too big