Beta Release Thread

cmcg

FrostByte

Well, I did think of one new bug.  The resume being off 5-8 seconds, but it's not show stopping for me.  Not sure if it's an easy fix

Edit: maybe a show stopper for some

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 2

CBers

Unless any show stopping bugs crop up, can I propose 0.593r as a release candidate?

Apart from the 5-8 second resume problem and the left navigation key, it's working fine.

How many people are on R though?

• Like 3

I agree.  I'm on r release on E-Series.  No real show stoppers. I look at it this way, if this is all I had in an app, I could more than live with it and be happy that it does what I want.

Great work.

Edited by SamES

Thanks guys.

@@CBers I can replicate that resume time issue in 590. It's a bit transient but after I played with them both for a bit I came to the conclusion they are the same, it's just less obvious in 590 as you have to use the info key to see the current run time. In any case, I don't think it's related to the clock. More something in the way run ticks are tracked and (perhaps) rounded.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

ok guys.. i FINALLY got a chance to try this.. been a long time since i played with the "old version" (chess's).. anyway

I logged in as develop... entered the new ip... started the app sync.. it pull down 593.. (nothing shown in the smarthub after the 3.. so i dont know exactly what build...

i launch it.. and i just sit at a splash page.. a nice one mind you.. sat there for more than 5 minutes..    tried to delete and redownload the app.. etc.. nada..     i tried multiple button presses (color buttons, tools, options, etc)...

what do i need to do to get into any sort of server/user select screen?

i believe im on an F7100 series

fluffykiwi

Using 0.593r here. Not done much dedicated bug searching as need to catch up on some TV, but not encountered anything show stopping.

Have had a few bugs I cannot reliably reproduce, but nothing serious.

FrostByte

i launch it.. and i just sit at a splash page.. a nice one mind you.. sat there for more than 5 minutes..    tried to delete and redownload the app.. etc.. nada..     i tried multiple button presses (color buttons, tools, options, etc)...

what do i need to do to get into any sort of server/user select screen?

The splash screen SHOULD go away automatically and then present you with the logon screens.  It's real quick on my F8000 though

Does get to the point that you see the version in the corner of the splash screen?

If you haven't tried you might want to power cycle your TV also.  That has cleared some issues when going from 590 to the newer builds

Edited by FrostByte

CBers

Thanks guys.

@@CBers I can replicate that resume time issue in 590.

I've not seen it before 593P, or I wasn't aware of it if it was less than the current 5-8 seconds.

Is it fixable?

@@MrWebsmith - you should see the release version bottom left hand corner of splash screen.

• Like 1

MrWebsmith

ill check.. i dont think i saw anything other than the image and emby centered..but ill try again tonight and post a pic

paulsalter

No stability issues

Been using for about 4 hours per day and all working well

One thing I have seen the last couple of days (but this might be my network/server) is sluggish response

eg I will be on the home screen, click on a show and nothing happens so I click again, then it suddenly issues the commands and does something I wasn't expecting, might be when the HD containing media has gone into sleep so needs to wake up, was late when this happened so didn't check status of server

Apart from that is has played all my media files of varying types without any problems

@@MrWebsmith Crashes during start-up will usually leave you staring at the splash screen. If the version number's not at the bottom left then that's what happened. What model TV do you have?

@@paulsalter Do you have a NAS? They often take a while to spin-up.

paulsalter

Mine Is all on USB

I think it was when I first used it last night and the drive hadn't spun up in time

Just mentioned incase someone else had this issue, if only me then ignore as it will most likely be a local problem

I will keep an eye on it, just incase it pops up more

MrWebsmith

pretty sure its an 60in F 7100... really dont think there was version but i'm going to recheck tonight

UN60F7100 it seems

Edited by MrWebsmith

FrostByte

For me the Playlist Shuffle bug is a show stopper for playing music because if you can't shuffle a large music playlist of your favorite songs then the playlist isn't very functional, but it has been broke since before 590 so probably not a reason to not replace it as the release version with this​

Ultroman

Well, other than the Left-button being annoying, I'm having major a/v sync issues with several different rips. That's a showstopper for me. It has been that way for ages, though. The higher the bitrate, the higher the probability and severity. And with no way to correct it, I'm cut off from watching many hq things. I've tried rebooting the tv, restarting the video, ff/rw, pause, chapters, position...no matter what, the sync is randomly off by up to about 400ms.

I'm checking into the state of the indexes of some of the affected files, but it's a wide range of hq videos, most from respected suppliers, and they play flawlessly on PC. I'll bring back more information.

Edited by Ultroman

Ultroman

@@Ultroman - What container are they in?

mp2t, h264 and Dolby Digital. It's direct stream, because my H-series can do DD. Maybe it'll work if I turn off native DD in my TV settings, so it transcodes the audio. I'll try it out.

Native player runs it fine, but struggles at ff/rw

Edited by Ultroman

CBers

Are they MKVs?

All of my videos are MKVs and AC3 (DD) and all play fine.

Most of my movies have both AC3 and DTS, but the AC3 track is the default.

Ultroman

Are they MKVs?

Nope. mp2t container. Never heard of it before. Kinda weird, though, the size of these mp2t videos is shown as 3 times the actual size, and the length is shown at around 277 hours for a 60 minute episode.

While that's weird, several normal mkvs also have sync quirks, just not as bad as the mp2t videos.

Edited by Ultroman

FrostByte

Are you sure mp2t is a supported container for your H series TV.  There should be a chart in your users manual of supported containers.  Either way I don't see it listed in the code as a supported format

https://github.com/cmcgerty/MediaBrowser.SamsungUnofficial/blob/master/MediaBrowser%203/app/javascript/Gui/GuiPlayer/GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.js

Edited by FrostByte

Ultroman

Are you sure mp2t is a supported container for your H series TV. There should be a chart in your users manual of supported containers. Either way I don't see it listed in the code as a supported format

https://github.com/cmcgerty/MediaBrowser.SamsungUnofficial/blob/master/MediaBrowser%203/app/javascript/Gui/GuiPlayer/GuiPlayer_TranscodeParams.js

Apparently it is another name for m2ts and ts files.

Hi,

Can you guys do me a favour? Can you download the new stable release and check it installs and looks ok? It should be exactly the same as 0.593r. All I did was open the zip file and change the version number.

Thanks. They'll be something a bit more interesting (if less stable!) for us to look at soon.

• Like 3