Beta Release Thread

cmcg

Ultroman

Is there any easy way now to see details of previously watched episodes

I record shows daily and then have them imported into my library so that I have full metadata

If I don't watch a show for a few days I like to check previous episodes to read what was happening, the only way I see to do this now is go into the tv section find the show/series and then scroll through hundreds of episodes to find the last ones watched, which is a bit slow to do

Is there a quicker way am I missing?

Thanks

Well, not since the Left button was made to open the menu. Before that, you could go to an episode, and then clicking Left would take you to the previous episode, and Right would take you to the next episode. Right still works, but Left doesn't, as of the key-functionality-change.

paulsalter

Well, not since the Left button was made to open the menu. Before that, you could go to an episode, and then clicking Left would take you to the previous episode, and Right would take you to the next episode. Right still works, but Left doesn't, as of the key-functionality-change.

Thanks

That's exactly how I used to do it

Didn't know if there was another key that would go back now, as the back key goes back after you have been going forward, but only goes back as far as the first unwatched

• Like 1

CBers

Not sure when this started happening, but on resuming an item, the playback starts about 5-8 seconds ahead of the resume point.

Can anyone else confirm?

FrostByte

Not sure when this started happening, but on resuming an item, the playback starts about 5-8 seconds ahead of the resume point.

Can anyone else confirm?

Just tried with Gotham and I'm seeing the same.  Right around 5-8 seconds

• Like 1

Guys, I'd like it if favourites were shown as an overlay system wide, in the same way watched status is. What do you think? Bigger hearts? Smaller? Different colour? Shiny? Transparent? Don't bother?

561e6ce91deaa_Favs.png

This isn't a mock up by the way, I have it working on one page. But I thought I'd get your input before I go further. It works just like Watched status. Press the button and the icon appears, no need for a notification that stays on screen for ages with no apparent result.

Hopefully you think it's cool.

What about the button though? Since the heart is red does it make sense to put Favourite on the red button and move Help to Yellow? In the same way the green watched icon is controlled by the green button. Or leave that?

Edited by cmcg

FrostByte

I never rewatch episodes so I never mark them favorites, but wouldn't mind seeing it with movies.  The played overlay would be nice like the webclient does also

Edit: I don't get the played overlay in movies

Edited by FrostByte

Edit: I don't get the played overlay in movies

No, it's not there. Could be Chess didn't do it on that view due to a performance issue. You can click Watched and the status will change but you have to go into the details pages to see the result. Somewhat unsatisfactory.

FrostByte

Agree, I'm never quit sure changing the status too watched ever really worked unless I click on the movie to make sure

• Like 1

paulsalter

The heart overlay on movies would be a nice addition

for buttons, leave as they are, too many changes with the buttons its getting confusing

• Like 1

FrostByte

Disagree. When Help is available it should be made visible.

Ok, I just never use it so it, at least in its current state.  So now it just takes up room on the screen for me

• Like 1

FrostByte

for buttons, leave as they are, too many changes with the buttons its getting confusing

I guess I'm thinking more for the new user having the colors match would make it easier for them to learn

Ultroman

Since the thumbnails of the series are already there, I don't feel like I need to be shown that that particular series is one of my favorites. I know that already, and I'm not likely to forget it (which I am with which episodes I have watched, so I LOVE that feature). I don't really understand the concept of choosing favorites in a media browser, but I guess that's just me, since many of them have it. Maybe I've missed something super smart about it?

I'm at work, so I can't check if this is the case, but if Blue isn't used, why not make Blue the Menu-button, instead of Left? I'm feeling crippled now that I can't cycle backwards through episodes or jump from far left to far right on a view. I get annoyed every time I hit those walls. I only ever use the menu, if something goes wrong, and with these new fixes to subtitles and such, I have nothing to do there in my daily viewing.

Well, in fairness, these buttons have never been this way in a release version. In effect, whatever we come out of this beta cycle with is only one change from what you have in 0.590. We do need to be able to try things and retain the freedom to change our minds as the release develops.

FrostByte

Since the thumbnails of the series are already there, I don't feel like I need to be shown that that particular series is one of my favorites. I know that already, and I'm not likely to forget it (which I am with which episodes I have watched, so I LOVE that feature). I don't really understand the concept of choosing favorites in a media browser, but I guess that's just me, since many of them have it. Maybe I've missed something super smart about it?

I'm at work, so I can't check if this is the case, but if Blue isn't used, why not make Blue the Menu-button, instead of Left? I'm feeling crippled now that I can't cycle backwards through episodes or jump from far left to far right on a view. I get annoyed every time I hit those walls. I only ever use the menu, if something goes wrong, and with these new fixes to subtitles and such, I have nothing to do there in my daily viewing.

Blue is being used.  If you take the left away then those who user the Smart remote have to go through hoops every time they need the menu

Ultroman

Blue is being used.  If you take the left away then those who user the Smart remote have to go through hoops every time they need the menu

I use a smart remote myself, and if I have to choose between pressing Keypad => Info to get to the menu, and being crippled in my navigation in an unintuitive way, then I'd much rather have the first, though I admit that it is a bit troublesome. Thing is, we have many things that we want to be able to do, and too few common buttons to do them with.

Is there no chance of moving the old Left/Right behaviors to the RW/FF buttons? Or are they not common keys either?

• Like 1

CBers

I'd still like to see the left button back to what it was before.

Why can't HELP be an option in the Tools menu, freeing up the RED button?

I don't use Favourites, so have no feelings either way.

Would like Photos C button setting (date/time display) persist across sessions.

• Like 2

Ultroman

New thought: Is long-pressing buttons a thing?

It is in the Smart TV menus.

Then Red could be Help, and you could tell people that long-pressing Red gives you the menu. Or something. Long-press would give us twice the number of common buttons!

Edited by Ultroman

FrostByte

Is there no chance of moving the old Left/Right behaviors to the RW/FF buttons? Or are they not common keys either?

Not on my Smart remote.  However, if cmcg could assign Menu to the #1 in my pic, and skip track to #2 and #3 then I wouldn't mind if the scroll was put back the old way

561e82474dd15_smartremote3.jpg

SilentAssassin

Are the preferences I set and server details meant to persist with upgrades? Every time I install an upgrade I have to enter the server again and then set all my preferences again.

SilentAssassin

Can the skipping through episodes not be assigned to the channel up and down buttons when at the episode detail level?

• Like 1

Spaceboy

The same thing happened to me yesterday when I had to uninstall the app and tried installing P.

To "fix" it, I had to install the STABLE version, enter the correct details, then upgrade to the latest.

I initially updated to version P OK yesterday, but I had the clock bug where it displayed the time since the TV was powered on rather than the real time. Version P updated OK over version N OK.

Do you always do an uninstall/reinstall?

I've always uninstalled and then reinstalled, it's right pain in the behind. But I seem to remember we had to do that in the early days?

So, how are you upgrading? Just login as develop and request sync?