Beta Release Thread

cmcg

Ya, the webclient will only shuffle a randomly selected 100 items from a playlist.  Can it be changed to "Shuffle" then and only play 100 songs like the webclient.  If you click (...) on a playlist in the web you will see it there, it just won't "Shuffle All"

Can you give me instructions for doing that in the web client?

FrostByte

Steps

Go to Menu and click Playlists

A list of Playlists should come up.

Hover your mouse over one of the playlists and a popup should come into view

Click (...) then Shuffle

Then it randomly adds 100 songs to Now Playing form your playlist.  Figuring a song is ~3 minutes then that gets you ~300 minutes of song playing.  Otherwise with a very long playlist (mine is > 2000 songs) you may never get to some of the songs

FrostByte

Oh, was something changed with the time?  Mine is showing as 0:06.  I think the hours is missing or something

Edit: I can write up a bug for it, just noticed it

Edited by FrostByte

FrostByte

Actually, it's not even the time.  It's a timer for how long the app has been running now.  Starts at 0:00 every time I start the app

I noticed that a few times in the last few betas when I've clicked about a lot in testing. Restart the app clears it. I'd like to know how to reliably reproduce the issue.

Actually, it's not even the time.  It's a timer for how long the app has been running now.  Starts at 0:00 every time I start the app

Even after app restart?

FrostByte

Yes, I powered off my tv and restarted the app 3 times now and every time it starts at 0:00 and then 0:01 , 0:02, etc as a minute goes by

I'm just not seeing that in any emulator. My TV gives the normal one hour offset but otherwise nothing odd.

FrostByte

Actually, let me take that back.  It's more like a timer since the last time the TV was power cycled.  If I power cycle the TV and start the app it starts at 0:00.  If I just close the app and restart the app then the timer picks up since the last time I ran the app.

561adfa5689eb_WP_20151011_001.jpg

Checked again on my TV. I see the problem now. It's minutes since the Unix epoch. I'll look it tomorrow I think,

Edited by cmcg
  • Like 1

FrostByte

Ok, no hurry.  Would you want me to write it up?

Edit: went ahead and added a bug so you can get to it whenever you get "The Time"  < pun intended

Edited by FrostByte
  • Like 1

fluffykiwi

Cannot seem to be able to Synch Apps to try 0.593o on either my F Series bluray or H Series TV.
Might just be too busy I will keep trying.

Using http://86.14.225.93/widgetlist.xml points to  http://86.14.225.93/Emby_0.593o_Europe_20151011.zip

But when try to load this gives

404 - File or directory not found. The resource you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

0.593n is still available!

Edited by fluffykiwi

FrostByte

Cannot seem to be able to Synch Apps to try 0.593o on either my F Series bluray or H Series TV.

Might just be too busy I will keep trying.

Ya, I just tried it on my HTS and it deleted the old version and couldn't connect.  Wish it wouldn't delete a version until after a successful connection

fluffykiwi

If he pulled it that is not a problem. I'd guess due to the qwerty keyboard blocking an important part of screen.

I hadn't tried 0.593n yet, so side-loaded that version to try until next beta available. Need to try to reproduce a bug I noticed once in previous version, was on item 3/2, but hadn't reported yet. :)

Loving the navigation change for bringing up the Main Menu, but that is probably not surprising as I use and love using, my smart remote.

Edit. Not sure about left off screen bringing up Main Menu as opened quite a few times now while simply browsing.  I guess I press left at the side of a screen more often than I realised. Also seems quite strange being able to browse full collection by pressing right but not doing the same by pressing left.

I guess I'd get used to it though.

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 1

FrostByte

I'm finally getting used to just scrolling up or down once I'm all the way on the left side.  If the left side menu went away I would probably go back to my older style remote.  I use the menu too much to have to bring up that virtual remote panel every time

fluffykiwi

Yeah was really nice being able to bring up the main menu so easily with the Smart Remote, but Im still hoping there may be a chance that RED is used for Menu and Help is added into menu options, then left could just remain left navigation. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

I thought I'd like it, and did for a while, but now feel it is complicating simple navigation.

I really, really want easy access to that Main Menu, as it seems easier than the top Headings and I exclusively use my Smart Remote, but in my opinion even using the Virtual Remote TOOLS button makes more logical sense than using left from every leftside image. I know it works with other more mouse based designs, but IMO not with a remote.

Please note only expressing my opinion, as cmcg did ask us to try it and feedback our thoughts.

I currently use a version where I modified the code to assign Main Menu to RED, it just seems logical to me, and a dedicated help page seems better than a popup box. I might have to see if my skills extend far enough to add the RED A icon and Menu to other pages. I doubt my very limited skills could revert LEFT to pre 0.593n operations. It must have been a lot of work to implement that. :(

Edited by fluffykiwi
  • Like 2

Ultroman

I'm still hoping there may be a chance that RED is used for Menu and Help is added into menu options, then left could just remain left navigation. Best of both worlds in my opinion.

I have to say, I agree with FluffyKiwi. It just feels wrong to me, that I can't shortcut to the end of the previous line with Left. I hardly ever use the menu anyway. Or Help. Help is nice, but I won't need it more than 4-5 times, before I know everything. Then RED is suddenly a dead button again.

• Like 2

paulsalter

Ya, I just tried it on my HTS and it deleted the old version and couldn't connect.  Wish it wouldn't delete a version until after a successful connection

I just found out myself it does that

tried an update and it didn't work, then noticed the previous version has been removed

should have read on here before trying the update

Sorry guys. I pulled last night's update due to a small clock issue. Back soon...

Edited by cmcg

v0.593p
Removed the qwerty on-screen keyboard option.
Fixed: The clock, which I broke in the last beta.
Fixed: Longstanding daylight saving time issue.

Use of the on-screen qwerty keyboard seems to have caused a problem with the time display that was difficult to get rid of without a SmartHub reset (which I DO NOT recommend). All users are encouraged to upgrade straight away and not run 0.593o if you happen to have loaded it before I pulled it last night.

While I was looking at the time I hopefully also fixed the old issue of daylight saving time not being respected, which I must say I'm very please about. Please feedback on whether your time display has been corrected and if it's still wrong, let me know your timezone and DST offset.

• Like 4

FrostByte

593p loaded on both F8000 and HT-F6500W

On my TV the time is correct.  Good to go

On my HTS however the time is now off by 5 hours.  This also just happens to be the GMT offset.  On my TV you set the timezone and whether or not you use daylight savings time.  However, on my HTS you set the GMT offset in settings.  Previously both TV and HTS were off by 1 hour.  I'm wondering if they use different functions depending on if the device uses GMT offset or timezone/DST

Oh crap. I think there is a good chance we'll get quite mixed results here as the emulators are useless for testing this. We should make a list of models that behave better with the old time function.

The same or improved:

F-Series TV.

Needs old time function:

F-Series HTS.

FrostByte

Ya, at least the HTS would be correct 6 months out of the year using the old way.   I think fluffy has a F series BD player.  He may be in GMT though and none of this matters

• Like 1