Android Mobile

Redshirt

Damouav

@@Damouav similar thing happened to me immediately after the Android upgrade. I simply could not get a single media file to play on any of my mobile devices.

Wasn't until I completely restarted the MB Server app that I was able to play stuff via the Android app.

Give it a go if you haven't already.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

@@seanbuff, I have restarted the server, completed shut down the pc and restarted it about a dozen times. I have played with settings within server and on the Andriod app. I have looked at the port forwarding settings and played with the web based access. Nothing works.

Something got updated and has caused havoc with everything, as all was working last night. I have even updated java thinking that may something to do with the problem.

Apart from removing both the server and andriod app and reinstalling I'm about stumped. The only thing I haven't looked at is video/audio codecs.

Redshirt

Ok, a couple of thoughts. 

Have you tried video files that aren't TV recordings? The transcode log you posted showed that it was a TV recording that was played.

Is your server update level set to beta, dev or release? What is the version shown in the dashboard?

Lastly, the server log you provided didn't contain any transcoding info. The log looks like it may have been from just after the attempt. I realize gathering debug info isn't everyone's thing, but it's important that when we get multiple logs (client/transcode/server) that they all reflect the same timeframe.  

Damouav

Hi Redshirt, yup i have tried bluray and dvd quality rips, mainly in .mkv with no luck.

I have the server to update only on official releases, and as stated in an early post the version of Mediabrowser 3 Server is 3.0.5390.25829.

I will try and provide all the logs at the same point in time, but this will have to wait till tommorow, I have enough for one day.

Thanks for your help, and I will post the logs in the am my time.

Redshirt

I hate telling people to switch to dev, but there's been some server updates yesterday that deal with streaming issues. I'm not sure the nature of those fixes, but it might be worth a try to switch to dev just long enough to get 3.0.5393.

• Like 1

chops13

Interestingly enough, this morning I noticed an android client update on my phone. And tada, it magically works now. The server actually attempts to authenticate. :)

blade005

TRANSCODING.

Everything seems to be transcoding after update. Files that were direct streamed before update in Android app are now transcoding.

(MP4 container, H264 Video, AAC Audio, No subtitles, Base Media Profile)  Shouldn't this direct stream on a Nexus 7 tablet, or any standard Android tablet or phone?

HLS on or off doesn't seem to have any effect on behavior.

• Like 1

inkubux

TRANSCODING.

Everything seems to be transcoding after update. Files that were direct streamed before update in Android app are now transcoding.

(MP4 container, H264 Video, AAC Audio, No subtitles, Base Media Profile)  Shouldn't this direct stream on a Nexus 7 tablet, or any standard Android tablet or phone?

I have the same issue, my profile is high and i know baseline is recommended, but my Nexus phone, support the High profile. I think the best solution would be to have a switch to force direct play, or a way to edit like the DLNA profiles for each device.

I prefer my device telling that the video is not compatible than having my server transcode. 

In the meantime I use the external player switch and my phone is using direct play.

thefirstofthe300

Great job getting the seek with the progress bar fixed.  I tried really hard to get it to choke and it didn't.  :)

Now the only remaining problem that I seem to see is that if I click the fast forward button twice in rapid succession, the video starts over from the beginning but leaves the progress bar where it is.

Same issue here with the transcoding (Tab2 and tab3 tablets). Forwarding a video results in a freezing screen and the application does not respond anymore. When I restart the application it won't play anything, unless I restart the server.... :(

If you need logs please let me know which ones and I will try to reproduce it.

Settings: HLS, Wifi 6MB/s

Edit: Hmmm, can it be related to this issue?: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/10787-clients-repeatedly-unable-to-stream-videos-over-the-internet/

Edited by 1972

Redshirt

TRANSCODING.

It should be direct streaming baseline as long as it's 2 channel aac and the bitrate is lower than the app settings. In the web dashboard is the media showing up as "baseline" or is it showing as "constrained baseline"?

Edited by Redshirt

Damouav

@ Redshirt

Thank you and the other developers, for assisting in a outstanding resolution.

After your last post last night, I altered MB3 Server to Dev updates and hey presto everything was working sans music. The crowds in the stands were screaming in joy at the being able to use this great app. Then the Andriod update came through 2.0.83, and all fell down in a heap again, no access to any content (just the spinning symbol). About 1 hour ago another MB3 Server Dev update was pushed out and everything works, this includes the music directory which hadn't worked from the get go.

So far so good, I will not be making any further updates on the server side till a stable revision is released. So the server version currently stands at 3.0.5393.38626 which works fine on home wifi network. I need to test the 4g cellular to confirm that it works as well.

Thanks again.

thefirstofthe300

The latest update still has a problem with the progress bar when resuming a video. When I resume from location the progress bar starts at 0 instead of where it should. Also, the problem with the fast forward button starting the video over persists.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Redshirt

You can set the server update level back to release and you'll be fine. I did a major face/palm with 2.0.83. I published 2.0.84 quickly to revert the mistake. I'd hoped it was quick enough that no one got .83.

Redshirt

The latest update still has a problem with the progress bar when resuming a video. When I resume from location the progress bar starts at 0 instead of where it should. Also, the problem with the fast forward button starting the video over persists.

Sent from my Nexus 7

I'll get there :) There's lots going on. 

Damouav

That is the time difference between your part of the world and mine...

The update to .84 should be here sometime tommorow. I will change the MB3 Server back to OR now all things appear to be working. Again thanks for your help in trying to resolve the problem.

thefirstofthe300

I'll get there :) There's lots going on.

Glad to hear that! Thanks and keep up the amazing work. You even implemented some features that I don't believe Plex even has. Also, I noticed that when I had music playing and then selected a movie to play, I had the music AND the video playing. [emoji1]

Just a heads up.

Sent from my Nexus 7

Kilroy30

I have just updated to the new MB for Android. I have the Samsung Note 3 and am having issues with playing media either in WiFi mode, or 4G. I can access all my media, but when I hit play, the background image comes up and a circle goes until I close the app. I tried external player and it plays fine under MXplayer, but not within the app itself. I have it set for 6mbps and I am using Version 3.0.5393.38626 as my server. I can stream from google on my Note 3 using the web based interface, but something is wrong with the internal play option in MB for Android. Any suggestions? Same thing when trying to use Chromecast. I really like the app and want to use it! Let me know if you need anything else.

Redshirt

check the version of the client. A playback issues was fixed in 2.0.84. You may not have it yet

Kilroy30

I have the most current version 2.0.84 and I am still having the issue. I had it in the prior version as well, but still exists in this one. I deleted the app and all the data, then reinstalled twice without success. Any other ideas?

wallaceff

Did I miss something about sorting? Seems to have gone?

I chose MOVIES from the left and get my list... But can't seem to sort?

Edited by wallaceff

randomizer

I was just about to start collecting some logs and decided to re-install the client. It seems that all of those issues vanished after doing so. I guess that's the extreme version of turning it off and on again.

Damouav

I have the most current version 2.0.84 and I am still having the issue. I had it in the prior version as well, but still exists in this one. I deleted the app and all the data, then reinstalled twice without success. Any other ideas?

@@Kilroy30 - I had a very similar issue trying to get anything to work with my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition or my Galaxy S5. I'm running the same MB3 Server version (3.0.5393.38626) and Android client (2.0.84). You most likely have already tried this, but shutdown the server and Andriod client. Restart the server/client, delete the existing MB3 Server connection profile from the Android Client and just plug in you local ip details (192.168.0.X). Login using your prefered account in wifi mode only to start with, make sure all works then try putting your remote ip details in for cellular. I had very similar issues and these steps may help, as I have currently have everything working perfectly on wifi, but a little sketchy on 4g cellular due to location.

If this fails to work, send in your log's as per what Redshirt asked of me to help isolate your specific problem.

Edited by Damouav