Android Mobile

Redshirt

randomizer

Spoke too soon :( Here's some logs of me selecting some music and attempting to back out of it again after it starts. The client becomes unresponsive. This activity happens from about 2014-10-08 21:32. The logs include some prior usage from earlier tonight too (truncated at the start to fit inside file size restrictions) and the server appears to be reporting progress even though I'm not using the phone at that time.

client-4d23d2aa-1791-4116-b8fc-63a7a46f3f6f.txt

server-63548394368.txt

Redshirt

I see the issue. It'll be fixed in an update later today.

After enabling theme songs, they only play for tv-shows? Why don't they also play for movies?

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9126-req-theme-songs-for-movies/

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Edited by speechles

Guest jim

Been a while since I've been on this forum.  I like all the progress with the android app.  Currently I can't play vids (recorded shows with WMC) on my phone or tablets.  Looks like others are having similar trouble and fixes are on the way (fingers crossed). 

Win 8 pro box running 3.0.5390.25929 

android 4.4.4 on various devices  - ver. 2.0.84

Redshirt

After enabling theme songs, they only play for tv-shows? Why don't they also play for movies?

http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/9126-req-theme-songs-for-movies/

This is done but did not make it into 2.0.85 which is on the way to users.

• Like 1

Vidman

I have noticed a few more issues: media folders don't recognize the user preferences sort order. I can connect to other devices using the cast button but have no remote control or casting. Subtitles aren't working for me at all. I have tried Dev and release versions of the server and every 2.x version of the app that's been released on galaxy s4, nexus 7 , ouya and Asus transformer tablet

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using Tapatalk

Redshirt

I've just tested subtitles and they are showing for me both when the client asks the server to burn them in and external subtitle delivery. When you say every 2.x version. Does that include 2.0.85?

Vidman

OK I just checked on my Asus transformer with .84 and sub's are working....just downloading .85 now and will test again on my other devices when I get home

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300TG using Tapatalk

Upcoming episodes show up if checked. But..

mu4unera.jpg

On android it doesn't tell you the date that episode will broadcast.

avy4uhy3.jpg

On roku it does. Can android show it too plllleeease?. ;)

randomizer

I'm pleased to see the music screensaver is gone. That should chop power consumption enormously when just playing music.

Redshirt

There should be, but it's currently disabled because I'm in the middle of reworking it to work with all remote MB clients, not just CC.

James Nally

Understood was just curious. Didn't realize it because chromecast playback has been that much better. Thanks again.

Kilroy30

@@Kilroy30 - I had a very similar issue trying to get anything to work with my Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition or my Galaxy S5. I'm running the same MB3 Server version (3.0.5393.38626) and Android client (2.0.84). You most likely have already tried this, but shutdown the server and Andriod client. Restart the server/client, delete the existing MB3 Server connection profile from the Android Client and just plug in you local ip details (192.168.0.X). Login using your prefered account in wifi mode only to start with, make sure all works then try putting your remote ip details in for cellular. I had very similar issues and these steps may help, as I have currently have everything working perfectly on wifi, but a little sketchy on 4g cellular due to location.

If this fails to work, send in your log's as per what Redshirt asked of me to help isolate your specific problem.

Thanks for the help!. I reverted back to the official release version and it seems to be working ok now... A little slow for loading, but it is working. I will keep your post in mind though if I have another problem!!! Thanks for the tip!

Thanks for the help!. I reverted back to the official release version and it seems to be working ok now... A little slow for loading, but it is working. I will keep your post in mind though if I have another problem!!! Thanks for the tip!

@@Kilroy30 - Only too happy to help in any small way I can. I know how frustrating it can be not being able to get these types of services to work properly. Redshirt was a great help, and has updated the app again to resolve additional issues. If your having problems with slow loading, you could try refreshing the library on the server, this may help.

James Nally

Anyone have movie details load slow. When I select a movie the metadata, backdrop, and poster doesn't load for nearly 10-12 seconds. Seems worse on nexus 10 than my phone so maybe screen size related???

Anyone have movie details load slow. When I select a movie the metadata, backdrop, and poster doesn't load for nearly 10-12 seconds. Seems worse on nexus 10 than my phone so maybe screen size related???

I have a similar issue on my Nexus4, the posters and backdrops are really slow to load. 

A new Beta release of Mediabrowser 3 server was released today (3.0.5395.0), I mistakenly installed it thinking it was an OR...

After install I had a major issues with Live TV (ServerWMC) not being recognised within the server, but eventually got it going. The main issues I have now is that Live TV on the Android app (2.0.85) will only work with "HLS Support enabled" which causes delays in spooling all other audio/visual sources, be it bluray/recorded TV etc.When trying to watch live tv the Andriod application crashes with HLS disabeld (Original files removed as no developers looking at this issue).

Any ideas?

Edited by Damouav

Glyde62

One problem I noticed is in live tv when viewing what's on channels you can't scroll down to view rest of text, or to select the record button.

Sent from the secret room in the back of your closet

Hi all

since update sort feature not working when I press it it plays random movies

is this a known fault please help

Figured it out , so what is sort button for now

Dave

Edited by dibsta

randomizer

Yes, I had this problem (and others) until I cleared the client data and reinstalled it .

• Like 1

TheShanMan

I don't get subtitles whether I pick them before playing the movie or while the movie is playing.

I also can't get the information display/player bar to go away during the movie. Once it shows, I can't figure out how to make it go away.

I've just read Damouav's post above and I get opposite, I can only watch Live TV with HLS enabled, as soon as I disable it, as I used to in earlier versions, the app totally locks up.

I posted earlier here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/11348-media-browser-isn't-responding-in-recorded-tv/

So basically at the moment I can only use the App to watch Live & Recorded TV with HLS on.

I'm sure Redshirt will get this fixed soon. In the meantime I'll have to watch lots of adds. :)

I've just read Damouav's post above and I get opposite, I can only watch Live TV with HLS enabled, as soon as I disable it, as I used to in earlier versions, the app totally locks up.

I posted earlier here: http://mediabrowser.tv/community/index.php?/topic/11348-media-browser-isn't-responding-in-recorded-tv/

So basically at the moment I can only use the App to watch Live & Recorded TV with HLS on.

I'm sure Redshirt will get this fixed soon. In the meantime I'll have to watch lots of adds. :)

No, we both have the same issue. We both are unable to watch Live TV with HLS disabled. If you try it crashes the app.

Apologies   Damouav You are correct, I got my wires crossed. I must be spending too much time testing and should be taking more breaks.  :)