live tv

dylanrellis

no good if it doesn't support decryption

As all Swedes I tend to fish in the "Bay" if I want something that is shown in an encrypted channel :rolleyes:

im85288

Maybe a stupid question but worth asking anyway! I use the TVHeadEnd backend server for LiveTv in XBMC etc. Is there any plans for Media Browser to support this backed or will it be WMC only?

im85288

Awesome. Can you go introduce us over there, and let them know we have a linux server on the way?

I would love to do so but I've never actually had any contact with them directly. The main man is called Adam Sutton, his contact details are in the link I gave you. I think if you contact him as SA for this project it would have more impact. You never know once he sees the potential of the media browser server and knowing its open source, he may well be inclined to give it a shot.

ernstgot

Dam just updated to the Dev build and can see in the Appdata file all the webclient websites are there for livetv just need that plugin now to get it to work,  yeppy but so sad

Maybe a stupid question but worth asking anyway! I use the TVHeadEnd backend server for LiveTv in XBMC etc. Is there any plans for Media Browser to support this backed or will it be WMC only?

Never heard of it. Try and recruit the developer

im85288

Never heard of it. Try and recruit the developer

It's quite a popular Linux tv backend, here's the link if you want to take a look: https://tvheadend.org

In my usage of it in Xbmc, it performs really well with almost instant channel changing, supports timeshift and does recordings very well. There is active development going on it too, and it deals very well with oscam servers etc...

It's quite a popular Linux tv backend, here's the link if you want to take a look: https://tvheadend.org

In my usage of it in Xbmc, it performs really well with almost instant channel changing, supports timeshift and does recordings very well. There is active development going on it too, and it deals very well with oscam servers etc...

Awesome. Can you go introduce us over there, and let them know we have a linux server on the way? 

OK so i did the dvbviewer follow up i kept promising! http://www.dvbviewer.tv/forum/topic/53943-dvbviewer-as-backend-for-mediabrowser-3-tv-service/ Maybe a few others could go tell them how much you want a dvbviewer back end service??? Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

Here's a couple new ones to add

52d4983953325_guide.jpg

52d49846bfaf1_recordings.jpg

52d49851a6408_scheduled.jpg

52d4985e0de21_channelwithlivetv.jpg

• Like 3

Also @@Lee, here's more. The layout works well no matter what kind of device you're using - smart phone, tablet, desktop. it's all good.

52d49b25ea678_Untitled1.png

• Like 2

ernstgot

Hot dam that looks awesome.  Do Developers of other clients like Theatre, Roku, Windows 8... have access already to this to develop their interface of it from the server?

Hot dam that looks awesome.  Do Developers of other clients like Theatre, Roku, Windows 8... have access already to this to develop their interface of it from the server?

Yes and they've all committed to it

• Like 1

would love to be able to use the live tv, not sure how i would be able to with DirecTV

For years there was talk of a DirecTV PC card but the project died a couple of times and was finally completely scrapped.  I have been a DTV convert since 1996 and couldn't dream of going to cable.  I find myself now still subscribing to all the channels with the content I want but sourcing most of that content via Sickbeard.  Sporting events are about the only thing I actually use DTV for anymore.  When they lose the NFL Sunday Ticket thing in 2015, maybe I'll scrap them.

jasonmcroy

Luke you are killing me with those screen shots!  :P

I have been waiting ever so "patiently" for this to be released. Once this service is release and MBT goes through enough evolving that I can use it for my video files without stutter (which I cross my fingers with every update  :) ) I think I will feel complete on my setup. 

Thank you and all of the Devs for all this hard work you are putting into the project.

I guess it's close to being time to make another donation to you guys... 

• Like 1

mentasm

Looks great.

The only thing that jumped out at me in a number of places where recordings were shown (such as the schedule tab) isthat the channel the episode is from is missing.  just the logo would be nice.

I'm also interested in if there will be the ability to tie down a recording to a specific channel?  In Autralia we get a bunch of doubled up channels from various stations which broadcast the same shows at the same times.  IN WMC this ends up with me getting 2 recordings of the same show often, unless I manualkly go in and tell one not to record.  IS this a thing for WMCServer or does it fall within the MB3 implementatrion?

Can't wait to give it a go.

Edited by mentasm

techywarrior

Looks great.

The only thing that jumped out at me in a number of places where recordings were shown (such as the schedule tab) isthat the channel the episode is from is missing.  just the logo would be nice.

I'm also interested in if there will be the ability to tie down a recording to a specific channel?  In Autralia we get a bunch of doubled up channels from various stations which broadcast the same shows at the same times.  IN WMC this ends up with me getting 2 recordings of the same show often, unless I manualkly go in and tell one not to record.  IS this a thing for WMCServer or does it fall within the MB3 implementatrion?

Can't wait to give it a go.

In WMC you can specify a specific channel when you setup the series record.

ernstgot

with serverwmc installed for mediabrowser can you run wmc side by side.  You know gotta keep the wife happy, plus we use a xbox for an extender so want to use it for remote viewing till Theatre comes out for raspberry pi or at least live tv for roku.  I did see live tv is being released by this weekend.