live tv

dylanrellis

Latchmor

Aye, it's a wee bit tasty! Up and running within 2 mins!

B)

Edit: Nice, Live TV on my Nexus 4 via Web Client.

Edited by Latchmor

Any ETA on the nextpvr plugin? :runs for cover :

Our developer for that has not been as available lately. I am looking for a contributor to help finish it. If I don't find one I might do it but it would be a little while.

• Like 1

ernstgot

i wonder if there would be a away to implement a overscan as i use analog for my tv tuner. in wmc i set it up to zoom 3 to get ride of the side bars. in xmbc i adjust the display ration to i think 1.38 or something like that.

o1e7.jpg

5dsl.jpg

top image is the web client with the side black bars

bottom image is wmc without side black bars

just wondering if that would be possible in the webclient to get ride of the side black bars?

I would be nice for a zoom function as its called in WMC

Latchmor

Sorry for the obvious question. I have this going in MB Server, how do I get the interface to show up a client?

Hi, it's only in the web client just now. Others will follow. See below.

Cheers

52daf4f7df1e0_Capture.png

:( I can't get it to work yet. At first everything connected correctly but I got an error when starting a TV show. I decided to configure it all again but I run into the same problem.

I get this error:

52daf35e6cc4f_VideoError.png

At that time ServerWMC shows 'Streaming DVB-T channel 4 to [MediaBrowser^0]' at active streams.

After this error occurs I can play that channel (or any else) in Media Center itself.

I have tried this with Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox on a windows 7 computer and on an ipad.

MBS runs on a WHS 2011 and the Live TV plugin connects to the windows 7 computer.

The Media Center has no physical tuners connected, on the WHS I run dvblink that serves the locally connected tuners as PBDA DVB-T tuners into Media Center. The only thing I haven't tried yet is hooking up a physical tuner to the Media Center.

(btw, it would be very use full if there was a ''Run now' option for the 'Refresh Guide' task in MBS) 

Latchmor

(btw, it would be very use full if there was a ''Run now' option for the 'Refresh Guide' task in MBS) 

Do you mean in the Client? I'm guessing you know there is one here in the Dashboard settings?

52daf79c731e6_Capture.png

ernstgot

:( I can't get it to work yet. At first everything connected correctly but I got an error when starting a TV show. I decided to configure it all again but I run into the same problem.

I get this error:

52daf35e6cc4f_VideoError.png

I also get this at times,  Other times when i click on a show in the guide it doesn't bring up the play button in the details screen.

At that time ServerWMC shows 'Streaming DVB-T channel 4 to [MediaBrowser^0]' at active streams.

After this error occurs I can play that channel (or any else) in Media Center itself.

I have tried this with Internet Explorer 11 and Firefox on a windows 7 computer and on an ipad.

MBS runs on a WHS 2011 and the Live TV plugin connects to the windows 7 computer.

The Media Center has no physical tuners connected, on the WHS I run dvblink that serves the locally connected tuners as PBDA DVB-T tuners into Media Center. The only thing I haven't tried yet is hooking up a physical tuner to the Media Center.

I also get this sometimes,  also when I click a show in guide I get the details screen but no play button?

Edited by ernstgot

Do you mean in the Client? I'm guessing you know there is one here in the Dashboard settings?

52daf79c731e6_Capture.png

No, I mean in Media Browser server, it only shows there options:

52dafa1be3e44_refreshguide.png

A 'Run now' option would be use full.

Latchmor

Yeah Bloodtaker beat me but see the little arrow (triangle) in my pic above.

;)

Edited by Latchmor

I also get this sometimes,  also when I click a show in guide I get the details screen but no play button?

Yes, I've seen that too.

To add to my problem, when I browse to the tempXBMC (? ;) ) folder in Recorded TV a ts stream file and a wtv file is created for the show I try to play and both files can be played in Windows Media player while the web client displays the error. 

Edited by Danee
  • Like 1

JohnWhitmore

*** Ignore - solved***

Hello all,

just trying to setup LiveTV on my setup. It is not a standard setup, but may be a common setup.

I have a server that hosts the MediaBrowser Server. In the lounge I have a HTPC server that runs WMC and MediaBrowser Classic. This second box has the TV Tuner cards.

I have installed ServerWMC onto the HTPC - note I had to change the ports as these are currently being used by Remote Potato.

I am trying to setup the MB Server to access this info...I cannot find where on the MB Server I can change the IP and Port for the ServerWMC client...

Can anyone give me a tip?

John

***Edit - solution***

The settings are there....under Plugins then click ServerWMC.....DOH!!!!

Edited by JohnWhitmore
  • Like 1

Latchmor

Wish the wife would bugger off to bed so i can install this!!!! Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

LOL  :P

SLAYER6669

I have this working pretty good. Can't wait until Live TV hits the Android app. The only issue I appear to be having is if I watch a channel live, then stop it, it does not release the tuner. If I go into my Ceton tuner device page I still have 4 tuners playing right now when only my HTPC has a live channel tuned at the moment.

I have this working pretty good. Can't wait until Live TV hits the Android app. The only issue I appear to be having is if I watch a channel live, then stop it, it does not release the tuner. If I go into my Ceton tuner device page I still have 4 tuners playing right now when only my HTPC has a live channel tuned at the moment.

Hmm, if that's true then that will be serious enough to warrant a follow-up release.

krustyreturns

Yes, I've seen that too.

To add to my problem, when I browse to the tempXBMC (? ;) ) folder in Recorded TV a ts stream file and a wtv file is created for the show I try to play and both files can be played in Windows Media player while the web client displays the error. 

Yes, in hindsight tempxbmc has been become unfortunate naming on my part :).  Anyway, you just did what I was going to ask you to try.  So now try to play one of these channels and then look at the server log (debug tab in serverwmc).  Find the part of the log between OpenLiveStream and OpenLiveStream 'done' and paste it here.  Or do you guys every use pastebin.com?  You can post the whole log there and paste a link to it here.