live tv

dylanrellis

techywarrior

Sorry, I decided to update the page so its ready when we release.  But it shouldn't have gone live until the proper version is there.  Didn't think anyone would notice.

You underestimate the eagerness and resourcefulness of some of our users :)

• Like 1

ernstgot

For the server IP address do i need to change that to my IP or leave it to 127.0.0.1 with defult port.  Even when out of network?

For the server IP address do i need to change that to my IP or leave it to 127.0.0.1 with defult port.  Even when out of network?

The server IP needs to be the address of the system where serverwmc is running, if it is the same system as where mbs runs than the 127.0.0.1 address is fine (its the internal network address, called localhost)

wallaceff

I know this is crazy talk.... But how difficult would it be to leverage off the xbmc TV server plugins? Are they too different or too immature as far as settings go? Or even somehow have an option to use the xbmc plugins with some sort of warning? Just might help move users across in the interim?

bloodtaker

@@wallaceff it would be like trying to but a square block in a round hole. Different coding formats even if they use the same coding language. I would rather have something built specific for MB as it runs smoother than xbmc. There is no need to bring those plugins in as it would have adverse effects on MB which I love. Keep it simple keep it working.

techywarrior

XBMC and MB3 plugins aren't in the same language and the APIs that communicate between the server and the plugins for both are completely different.

The first backend and plugin for live tv should be available soon (today I think) and there is a second in the works. Other backend developers have been reached out to but I don't believe any at the moment have committed to working on support for MB3. Of course if you have a favorite backend that you use I suggest posting on their forums your desire for an MB3 plugin. The more they see demand the more likely they are to do it.

i haven't seen krusty online today so i think at this point the only thing needed is a compatible ServerWmc.

ernstgot

The server IP needs to be the address of the system where serverwmc is running, if it is the same system as where mbs runs than the 127.0.0.1 address is fine (its the internal network address, called localhost)

I get that but what if i use a tablet or notebook and i am on the go?  do I leave it as the localhost

ernstgot

@@Danee thats what krusty was talking about when he said he put it up even though its not released yet.

Nope he was saying the update to his website for serverwmc he posted a pic (blue with wmc logo) thats what i was referring to and thats what he commented on. However a MOD did say earlier today that it should (The first backend and plugin for live tv should be available soon (today I think) and there is a second in the works.).  I know I'll be refreshing the page a lot today ;)

I get that but what if i use a tablet or notebook and i am on the go?  do I leave it as the localhost

Yes. Your mbs will talk to serverwmc, not your tablet or notebook.

bloodtaker

@@ernstgot no you will need to make sure you have your router ports forwarded on the server pc default 8096  then go to something like ipchicken.com to get your physical address for your home network.

so for mine it would be

192.168.1.101 is the server ip inside my network

go into my router forward port 8096 on 192.168.1.101

then go to ip chicken ip would be 92.0.0.0 or what ever it actually is

ernstgot

@@ernstgot no you will need to make sure you have your router ports forwarded on the server pc default 8096  then go to something like ipchicken.com to get your physical address for your home network.

so for mine it would be

192.168.1.101 is the server ip inside my network

go into my router forward port 8096 on 192.168.1.101

then go to ip chicken ip would be 92.0.0.0 or what ever it actually is

Sorry I wasnt even thinking of what I was writing, the IP refers to the server not my client.  Oops

bloodtaker

i wonder if there would be a away to implement a overscan as i use analog for my tv tuner. in wmc i set it up to zoom 3 to get ride of the side bars. in xmbc i adjust the display ration to i think 1.38 or something like that.

o1e7.jpg

5dsl.jpg

top image is the web client with the side black bars

bottom image is wmc without side black bars

just wondering if that would be possible in the webclient to get ride of the side black bars?