live tv

dylanrellis

Maugrim

Soon as in today I hope! :P

I'm getting the last part for my new HTPC (NUC i5) today and it would be nice to be able to skip WMC.

mini__me

Quick question, probably far too far in advance!

Once this is out for beta and we wait for clients other than Web to be updated to include the Live TV bits and bobs, can we use the remote function to send Live TV to another device in the interim period?

Mostly just curious as to how it works to be honest, this looks excellent by the way, glad you have hooked up with Krusty and have that side pretty much there from the sound of things :)

Spaceboy

Hi, I must have missed this info earlier...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=182381

So this means we can use WMC as the TV backend and don't have to switch to NextPVR or whatever?

:D

yes, i am already using wmc as the back end to xbmc using this. they are just adding mb3 as a client. its a great piece of work by krusty, extremely simple but very effective, i can't believe no-one had a go at this before!

Latchmor

Thanks @@Spaceboy

I knew krusty was doing the xbmc bits last year as I considered going that route... until MB3 appeared of course! I just didn't realise the MB3 clients were getting hooked in to it!

Nice, didn't really want to leave WMC for TV as it works so well.  ;)

yay, the web screenshots posted by krustyreturns on XBMC forums look awesome. 

go viral

LASooner

Hehe, yes they often come across that way. Mostly I think it's a language thing, they aren't native English speakers so the nuances are lost. Gotta rub Oberon the right way. :) Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

His english comes in loud and clear when it comes to HD PVR and colossus owners no matter how much money you've spent on their products in the past. I haven't upgraded DVBLink in well over a year because 1geek1tools who made the HDPVR module quit because they weren't getting much help from DVB Logic when it came to changes. And DVBLogic seems more interested in adding support for every USB stick and NAS box than support the Hauppauge devices. It's sad really because it still works well, but I can't take advantage of any of the changes they've made.

Spaceboy

i didnt want to be the first to say it but i agree. oberon is the thing that puts me off most from dvblink. he makes you berate him with 4-5 posts before he'll respond to bug reports, his instant reaction is to blame you and tell you there is no problem. then when other people start piling in later (which i've had up to 6 months after i reported the original bug) he then gets off his bum and does something about it. you would think this was freeware the way we are treated, not renewing a reasonably expensive subscription every two years, paying for signification upgrades.

they are much more interested in adding users to the back end products than supporting existing products.

and breathe...

politby

I agree with that assessment. Too many cases of removing functionality or introducing new bugs in new versions and not caring about fixing issues.

Is anyone interested in following up on DVBviewer? I know it is very stable, supports softcams and CI and can run as a server.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

techywarrior

52cb02f2915e1_unnamed.jpg

Is this a real screenshot? Because the times in my guide all have minutes and seconds in them. I don't mind having the minutes always display but the seconds is unnecessary and actually make some useful information get hidden because it's too long.

Either there is a bug that needs to be corrected in the web client or the time being sent from the plugin is no longer being cleaned.

ernstgot

Is this a real screenshot? Because the times in my guide all have minutes and seconds in them. I don't mind having the minutes always display but the seconds is unnecessary and actually make some useful information get hidden because it's too long.

Either there is a bug that needs to be corrected in the web client or the time being sent from the plugin is no longer being cleaned.

Not sure what guide you have but TV guides should always be in hourly formats so 7pm or 7:30pm kinda thing.  Seconds would never be necessary because TV shows aren't shown in seconds.  

techywarrior

Not sure what guide you have but TV guides should always be in hourly formats so 7pm or 7:30pm kinda thing.  Seconds would never be necessary because TV shows aren't shown in seconds.  

I know. That's my point. The web client is showing seconds and it shouldn't.

52ced9e7c1d7d_guide.png

blublub

Hi!

I have been out of the loop for qute a while - therefore  a simple question: Does the actual MB3 Theatre version come with live TV enabled or i that still limited to developers?

Edited by blublub

ernstgot

Hi!

I have been out of the loop for qute a while - therefore  a simple question: Does the actual MB3 Theatre version come with live TV enabled or i that still limited to developers?

From what it sounds like Luke is working on both but it the server "web client" will be the first to have Live tv as always then it will trickle down to all other clients such as Theatre, roku, windows 8....

techywarrior

I know. That's my point. The web client is showing seconds and it shouldn't.

52ced9e7c1d7d_guide.png

Update: This only appears to be an issue in IE. Chrome and FireFox are showing the time formatted correctly.

ernstgot

Update: This only appears to be an issue in IE. Chrome and FireFox are showing the time formatted correctly.

I was going to say i dont see it in the other screen shot from Chrome