live tv

dylanrellis

mentasm

Had a play with ServerWMC last night and it works a treat with XBMC for me.  Super simple to setup.  Can't wait to use it via a proper GUI.

So web client first?  MBC plugin shortly afterwards?

Also I didn't know there were two separate products - dvbviewer and dvblink. I think we have only promoted in one of their forums. If someone could do the other it would be great, as would Argus Tv. And make sure to use the screenshots because they're a big selling point.

ernstgot

I'm not sure there will be an MBC implementation.  I mean, Live TV is already in WMC...

So true why would that happen?  I guess so you dont need to buy different extenders.

ernstgot

can't wait till this weekend "This weekend we're rolling out live tv support built into the server, and it has a modular design so that any back-end service provider can be used provided a plugin is built. We'll have tv built into our web client and our Rest Api, and from there in the coming weeks it will roll out to all of our other clients. Some of them will be in a unique position because they won't have a whole lot of competition in their respective marketplaces."

for mbc maybe a home page menu item for recordings might be nice so that you can watch one without leaving the app. but for live tv, wmc is right there.

• Like 1

hi spaceboy any idea what Adam meant about system requirements and "suspect platform" regards neil

My quess is Windows, Tvheadend is linux based.

wally007

There's a thread in DVBLink forums which (i've commented on) but has not been commented by Oberon/DVBLink yet. I've tried EyeTV, TVheadend, Media Portal, Argus and settled on DVBlink.

EyeTV(Mac) is limited to one tuner and runs only on Mac ( which isnt a problem for me but might be for some )

TVheadend(Linux/Ubuntu) seemed at the time more of a hobby project than finished product. Couldnt get network tuners working at all.

Media Portal(Win) was WAY too difficult to set up. Network tuners needed bunch of fixes and patches that are only available on the forums (might have been merge by now though) but otherwise it was okay as a backend.

ArgusTV(Win) was same as Media Portal except front end was from the Atari era.

DVBLink(Win) won me over by supporting network tuners, USB tuners, Dreamboxes etc. They also have EPG loaders (for UK's Digiguide) which again saved me from running extra tool and just works. Their backend is solid so far. Their (native) front end is horrible, I'd say worse than ArgusTV. Luckily they support WMC so you dont have to look at DVBLink frontend at all once you've installed it.

Spaceboy

I think you summed it up nicely there. Dvblink is the best tool (and being a paid offering it should be) wmc front end is dire and support is non existent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spaceboy

you can just add your WMC recorded tv folder to your library and it will show straight up in MBC. that works now, I use it on the wp client

what do you see in terms of metadata when you have multiple series stored in the same folder? do you just see the wmc name or is there any grouping available in terms of series with full metadata?

added support to your dvbviewer thread too

• Like 1

snazy2000

Don't think its publicly released I'm sure it will be very very soon :)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

You can folderise (i did it manually) content of the same series and WMC still sees it. I never keep anything i record generally tho. Or i recode it and move it so can't help you there!

Sent by my HTC8X using Tapatalk

you gotta get the serverWMC 1110 first.

Think it has bumped a few versions too. Krusty or Luke will let you all know when it is available.

ernstgot

This is torture :( have us looking at the website with live tv but not the backend  I know the best things are worth the wait but, me sad lol

Edited by ernstgot

krustyreturns

Sorry, I decided to update the page so its ready when we release.  But it shouldn't have gone live until the proper version is there.  Didn't think anyone would notice.