Emby Theater

Luke

@@denz that is a good idea about the series poster. And yes, everything you see in the web app will be coming to Theater.

• Like 1

Thank you for the improvements they are appreciated there are still few things that can be improved on first image is from the tv guide the first item to fix is the focus of the play button to watch the show you have to press back back back ok.

Second issue the episode name displays twice compared that to the picture from a recording it only has it once how it should be. I think it would look better if the show name was in the brighter white font colour like the description text or green colour and have the episode name with a slightly smaller size font on an another show the episode name was too long and then it had to go to another line.

For some reason on the second screenshot there was something wrong with the image it was blank so I deleted it from the web client there is another show that had the same issue zero hour picture attached.

The trash Icon should be next to the play button as those two buttons will mostly be used I am sure others like me delete all their recordings.

584948c177ec8_Capture59.png

584948e27076c_Capture50.png

58494b721cd57_Capture90.png

58494b85ce819_Capture900.png

Edited by denz

@@denz I will look at these but we can't put the trash icon next to play. That's just too prominent of a place for the delete function. We've already put it on the main screen without having to use the context menu, I think that is good enough.

bungee91

I agree with denz that the delete button is commonly used, much more so in my use case than the watched check mark, and the favorite button heart.

How about reordering the delete button to be first, followed by watched, and favorite?

Edited by bungee91
  • Like 1

I just tried the delete function it takes 7 clicks to delete something that is just too many clicks in WMC 2 clicks is all that is needed and the file is gone.

I think that decision should be reconsidered or at least wait for the feedback.

I just noticed that the current programms has disappeared it only has upcoming programms.

Edited by denz

muppets4

I don't mind the place. That's okay with me. But the clicks are way too many. What's bothering me is that everytime I delete something I'm thrown back to the openingscreen of Emby (in Theater). Every recorded re-run.....

edit: bothering.......considering this is a First World Problem that is (-:

Edited by muppets4
  • Like 1

I think i know why you are against moving it i just went to a movie library and i am surprised to see a delete button there i doubt users will delete their movies i would rather not be displayed there in the first place.

Whereas recorded tv is to most of us only temporary. I am sure once users start using emby theater will agree as many could be like me only check out theater every couple of months as therer has been so little progress on it.

I think i know why you are against moving it i just went to a movie library and i am surprised to see a delete button there i doubt users will delete their movies i would rather not be displayed there in the first place.

Whereas recorded tv is to most of us only temporary. I am sure once users start using emby theater will agree as many could be like me only check out theater every couple of months as therer has been so little progress on it.

We will ultimately have per-library delete settings on the server that will control this. Right now the delete function is simply yes or no but we plan to expand upon it.

• Like 1

We will ultimately have per-library delete settings on the server that will control this. Right now the delete function is simply yes or no but we plan to expand upon it.

So... I was watching some recorded TV last night and couldn't see how to delete each episode after watching it. Is there a step by step guide somewhere? Thanks.

puithove

Date added/date recorded is being added to video detail screens. Enjoy.

I'm sorry to be the wet blanket... I mean, that's great and all... but what about the ability to actually PLAY something from the detail screen?  And the other fixes mentioned above (but mostly the fix to play something from the LiveTV detail screen since right now you can't even move the selector to the play button).

I'm usually the patient one... but c'mon.

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42303-cant-click-playrecord-buttons-in-live-tv-section/

Play button on the remote doesn't play anymore but the play button on the remote works outside the detail screen.

Deleting an item using the trash can it takes you to the series screen instead back to recordings screen.

Can we see some improvements in the recordings screen first is to have all thumbnails the same size like it is in a web app just so at least doesn't look as bad as it is now.

xnappo

I don't mind the place. That's okay with me. But the clicks are way too many. What's bothering me is that everytime I delete something I'm thrown back to the openingscreen of Emby (in Theater). Every recorded re-run.....

edit: bothering.......considering this is a First World Problem that is (-:

In Emby for Kodi I emulated the WMC functionality - after playback is complete it asks if you want to delete.  in E4K this is optional for Episodes and Movies independently (I would not want that for movies myself).

Thoughts from other ET users?

xnappo

bungee91

In Emby for Kodi I emulated the WMC functionality - after playback is complete it asks if you want to delete.  in E4K this is optional for Episodes and Movies independently (I would not want that for movies myself).

Thoughts from other ET users?

xnappo

+1

Since recorded Tv is almost always deleted after watching in my use case, I think this makes a lot of sense to prompt at the end.

For any other library item (movies, tv shows) I'd agree that this would not be useful.

However there is likely the use case of people keeping their recordings for their collection, in that case it should likely be a settable option to prompt or not.

I wouldn't like a prompt after watching a recording I just would like it that there is less clicks to delete something as there are far too many now.

Hopefully scrolling beyond the 24 hours would be possible in the guide. 

Another useful item from web client is if there could be more button added for upcoming movies  etc I find that very useful in the web client.

Looking forward to the recording screen change hopefully something as useful as wmc as well as display options like series view genre view, single row or multiple row.  

Basic issues like displaying previous screen when you delete a recording rather than taking you to that series screen.

xnappo

I know Luke had advertised this before - but ET is very very skinnable.  A lot of this stuff should be done by a skinning community so Luke can focus on more technical stuff.  I am going to be getting going again on my ET skin this weekend - and will try to build up a list of tips in the process.

• Like 4

Guest asrequested

Delete is in the 3-dot context menu for folders, or directly on the detail screen for video files using the trash can icon.

• Like 1