I know you all have been waiting for it, so we're going to make this available to our loyal Emby Premiere users. Although we're not ready to call it beta yet, it's closer to beta than alpha.
Everyone is welcome to download and browse around, and the full-feature set is available for Emby Premiere users. Since we haven't whipped up an installer yet, we're posting a portable test build here for you guys to play with. Just unzip and run from anywhere. This build will expire in a few days in order to force you to come back and download a new version, at which time we'll have the installer ready.
Currently the app requires an internet connection which allows us to host assets online for easy updating. Right now this is a period of rapid change and development, which is why this model is easiest for us. At a later date we will add offline support.
- A responsive UI free of scaling. The app is rendered crisply at your native resolution, even at 4K.
- Designed for a 10ft use with a remote, but works well with a mouse and with touch
- Nearly all core Emby features and media types are supported
- The audio and video players are based on DirectShow, which is still the high end option for Windows users.
- Supports audio bitstreaming
- Several methods of hardware acceleration are available - QuickSync, Cuda, and others.
- Video refresh rate changing
- Supports Madvr - Madvr is embedded and can only be enabled or disabled. Over time we'll expose more Madvr features in the settings screens.
- Once again supports video backdrops, which are quite a fun feature
- Supports input via video game controllers
- Backdrop screensaver
- Your local movie extras
- Graphical in-video seek thumbs
- Sign in Options - remember login
Short term roadmap (not ordered):
- Live TV Recording management
- Photo screensaver
- Filtering, sorting, view changing
- Graphical remote control seek menu
- Coming up next
- Play with more vertical designs
- Offline support
- More touch features - this app will be great for big screen tablets
Let us know what you think. We've only had a small group working on this, so you can probably expect to run into small bugs throughout the app. Please post them here and we'll get them resolved. And a major thanks to everyone in the dev and test group that has helped with this.