Emby Theater

Luke

Guest asrequested

Yea the mouse wheel needs to be fixed for those top tabs. You can also drag them with the mouse or your finger for the time being.

Dragging doesn't work. They only move when I click on one near the end, then they scroll to the side

Is there a chapter menu during playback option planned? ie a button next to the subtitles button that will display the list of embedded chapters

• Like 2

Is there a chapter menu during playback option planned? ie a button next to the subtitles button that will display the list of embedded chapters

Yes, definitely planned.

• Like 1

ShoutingMan

I tried to hide them, but that was greeted with complaints :) I guess there are still a few users using mice without a scroll wheel.

Re: controls. I'm using a universal remote control mapped to keyboard commands for Emby Theater. If I'm not using that, im using a wireless keyboard. It has an integrated trackpad, but keyboard nav is easier and that's what I mostly use. Also, windows two-finger scrolling for trackpads is pretty bad so I avoid that.

So please don't forget us keyboard / remote control users as you refine the UI and control scheme. :)

• 3 weeks later...

To whomever started the Greek translation, thanks ! I am adding Greek to the app's language selection so that you can test it.

• 3 weeks later...

Considering how prices are going down it is probable worth buying something like that instead of waiting for emby theater to be released on the raspberries if there was ever a plan to release it on them.

In the video live tv is too slow to start for it to be useable my one is not that slow but still not good enough when I compare it to other PVR's but from other posts it is on the to do list. 

clarkss12

Considering how prices are going down it is probable worth buying something like that instead of waiting for emby theater to be released on the raspberries if there was ever a plan to release it on them.

In the video live tv is too slow to start for it to be useable my one is not that slow but still not good enough when I compare it to other PVR's but from other posts it is on the to do list. 

I double checked this morning, from cold start took 7 seconds from clicking the "play" button until it starts to play.  Second time, it took 4 seconds to play.  However, there is no way to change channels using a remote or mouse.

I love what we the team is doing with ET, but we are now over a year with some sort of live TV and I still have noting to replace Windows Media Center. I really hope the ET team is going to spend more time on live TV. It is not usable on the living room TV set. No channel up down, Pull up the guide and the TV stops..etc, etc.. The movie and TV stuff is great, please get us a Live TV implementation that is useable by my Familiy

• Like 2

clarkss12

I am not a programmer, but I would think adding the channel up/down function would not be that hard.  What they have achieved with their live TV function so far, is nothing short of awesome.

If you look at the logs there is very little being done to theater that is why I don't use it I just check every few weeks to see if there is any progress but not much has been done which is the real disappointment.

Another item on the list is that while you are in live tv you can go directly to the guide and go back to live tv without live tv being stopped and restarted again.

When you bring up osd it should show you the channel and what are you now watching rather than just a channel.

The list can go on and on

• Like 2

swedishhenrik

Dear Luke and team,

Longtime supporter and admirer here.

Upgraded to Emby Theater a while ago and very happy camper.

Missing only one thing from the Emby for WMC and that is INDEX.

Is that funtionality coming back to Theater.

Since I have tagged all my MusicVideos as movies with the Artists as Actors (unfortunately not happy with the existing music video functionality), Index is the only way for me to have my 4000 music videos sorted by Actor (artist in my case).

But overall the INDEX was so useful.

Please can we have it back?

yardameus

Once Emby Theater remembers to open full screen on my TV (second screen) and I am able to change how the videos are sorted (probably an option via a new skin/theme) I will be completely happy with ET.  Really wish I knew enough to code a new theme.  Where are you SoulTaker????

mguebert

Luke any chance of ever integrating with Cinemavision or allowing for actions to occur via http rest commands like cinemavision, to control lighting etc?

it remains something I would love to do, but not until other core features in the app are complete like live tv, offline sync, etc.

• Like 2

swedishhenrik

Thanks ! Can't you click on an actor, then see titles for that actor?

Yes of course that is possible.

But for the overview the index of Actor is much nicer.

Compare to music library where you really want to browse by Artist.

Since I haven't reported in a long time even though still embay theatre is not useable for me here are some of the basics issue that I have and I think most non us users will have.

If a show doesn't have a banner or logo what ever it is called when you go to the detail screen I only get the episode title and this is how it is for every single show whether I click on the guide or home screen suggestions. Even though this show has been recorded before and it still exists in series folder it could have used that banner. White text with the name of the show will suffice.

It would be also useful if the cards can use the thumbnails of the shows metadata as it is in a series folder. 

Not sure why the channel number looks like a button play button should be green but not the channel it looks distracting. Would like to know what is the purpose of the tick and heart mark for current showing I think they are both unnecessary unless the heart mark will remind you that is currently playing   

584796c7e1edb_Capture10.png

When a show is in focus it only has a new button it would be handy if it had the time, channel and running time.

5847997fdc365_Untitled.png

Edited by denz

Going forward, release notes for the Windows Desktop app can be found here:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42269-emby-for-windows-desktop-release-notes/

And for the Windows Store app:

https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42270-emby-for-windows-store-release-notes/

Enjoy :)

• Like 4

Few items that I noticed while playing around if I delete primary image of the recording in the web client and go to theatre the image of the actual recording gets replaced by the thumb really like that.

However once I deleted all primary images then they get squashed and it doesn't look good in the web client they are all the same size how it should be.In the web client the fallback is thumb, backdrop then the actual screenshot of the recording hopefully it can be made the same for theatre.

5848e855ae66a_Capture5.png

Another suggestion if in the detail screen it has a poster of the show like it does when you go to recordings series This is how my detail screen looks currently it still doesn't have all the info that I like date and time and the channel.

5848ead361e59_Capture58.png

This is if you go to series screen I think it would really cool if the poster is in the above screen.

5848eb223aadb_Capture60.png