Emby Theater

Luke

TrainAss

@@Luke I know this is more overall Emby, but thanks to Emby server and theater, myself and 4 other people in Canada and the USA are all able to watch the world juniors gold medal game right now, streaming from my Emby server.

Thank you for all your hard work.

~Go Canada Go~

• Like 3

Now that the web client is getting some features of theatre when can we start to see some of the improvements that are in the web client being implemented into theater as it doesn't seem to be getting much attention and there is so much work that is needed in theatre.

Things that are in web client that theatre needs

First the gradient for backdrops I was a fan of blur but after using it for a while now don't like it.

Jump to episodes is a really useful feature I know that you can now click on the show name and it takes you there but this one has less clicks. I like both of them and hopefully both stay. I still have a bug for some shows in that it displays my media icons.

Web client uses thumbs for a show and in the web client it looks very good and same when now playing or upcoming it uses thumb of the movie. I think the order should be thumb, backdrop and finally screenshot of the actual recording.

Recording screen is still dogs breakfast and a lot of work needs to go there.

586f054e46407_Capture10.jpg

• Like 1

For UWP users, 1.1.51 is live in the store. It only has one major highlight but it's a goodie - you can now seek your Live TV ! Enjoy.

Hi there @@ronvp, please try to describe your issue in more detail. In order for us to best help you, please provide the information requested in how to report a media playback issue. thanks !

I fixed it. I was testing a version of Kodi with the MCE remote plugin and it remapped some buttons. After restoring the registry. It is now fine..

lorac

Is there a way to get more than six results when searching within ET? Some items have more than six results. Batman, Superman & Race are examples.

schmitty

I wouldn't like a prompt after watching a recording I just would like it that there is less clicks to delete something as there are far too many now.

Hopefully scrolling beyond the 24 hours would be possible in the guide. 

Another useful item from web client is if there could be more button added for upcoming movies  etc I find that very useful in the web client.

Looking forward to the recording screen change hopefully something as useful as wmc as well as display options like series view genre view, single row or multiple row.  

Basic issues like displaying previous screen when you delete a recording rather than taking you to that series screen.

Perhaps, with the first suggestion... there could be an option in playback setting to enable/disable this prompt :D

Guest asrequested

I'm liking the double line of info in the TV guide, but the HD logo seems to be misaligned. It's in the middle. And so is the recording red dot

58732fa737a8c_Snapshot_426.jpg

Edited by Doofus

In your guide you have Friends, How I Met your mother as new I don't think that is new unless there is a remake.

It would be very useful if the guide could automatically adjust height based on what we want to have on it, I prefer not to have too much information otherwise it makes it look too busy and instead of looking at guide data all my eyes are staring at NEW and REPEAT flags.  The overview at the bottom it has if something is new or a repeat.

On the screenshot below it has just so much wasted empty space it would be preferable that another one or two rows of channels are shown.  One row can comfortable be included and it will still leave plenty of padding,

58733ad43595d_Capture505.jpg

Edited by denz

arrbee99

Thumbnail thing works sell in ET but compared to your screenshot the thumbnail I get is smaller but the grey bar/writing is still big so the grey bar covers almost 2/3rds of the thumbnail.

Latchmor

If you guys are not playing with Emby Theater on Raspberry PI, you should try it out. You can get everything you need here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01IYC0LT0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

For those who like assembling an htpc, you'll have a lot of fun with it.

Ordered a kit today Luke ;-)

Guest asrequested

I've made some changes to thumbnails on the seekbar that I think you guys will enjoy

58767358a968e_Untitled.png

I must be missing something. I don't see this at all.

587c0ab1d4f01_Capture_11.gif

Guest asrequested

@@Luke I see we can click and drag in the music and movie libraries, very nice. Can you apply that to the tv guide? It would be most helpful. Also the tabs at the top, where it says Live TV, Movies etc? 

Edited by Doofus

For mouse usage the scrollbar is the natural way to scroll, and in desktop mode there is a scrollbar.

Guest asrequested

For mouse usage the scrollbar is the natural way to scroll, and in desktop mode there is a scrollbar.

Yeah, I see that. But the font size on the tabs is too small, and the scrolling action in the libraries is not smooth at all. As for scrolling the guide, well, just take a look

587c21d7ccf41_Capture_13.gif

@ you have to enable chapter extraction. It looks pretty but it is one of those things that I have no use for I thought it was like wmc and youtube that shows screenshot at that point but is not. I have enabled it to test but after seeing the warning about chapter extraction it disabled as it is not likely it will be ever used,

Edited by denz

Guest asrequested

@ you have to enable chapter extraction. It looks pretty but it is one of those things that I have no use for I thought it was like wmc and youtube that shows screenshot at that point.

Ah! Thanks for the clarification. I knew there was something. I am like you, just having the chapter images is of no desire or use.