Emby Theater

Luke

Not that I know if there is any difference, but how about adding English (AU). You do have a lot of Aussie users...

• Like 1

Not that I know if there is any difference, but how about adding English (AU). You do have a lot of Aussie users...

I thought y'all were just a UK colony or prison island or something... ;)

/ebr ducks

• Like 3

Latchmor

I thought y'all were just a UK colony or prison island or something... ;)

/ebr ducks

Ha ha, someone feeling brave today!  :lol:

I was going to reply that since Adrian's an Aussie I presumed he was happy that UK/AU were the same, but I don't really know either!

AdrianW

Maybe it should just say "English (United States)" and "English (Rest of the World)" - those Americans are the only ones who can't get the day and month in the right order ;)

• Like 6

PrincessClevage

Ha ha, someone feeling brave today! :lol:

I was going to reply that since Adrian's an Aussie I presumed he was happy that UK/AU were the same, but I don't really know either!

Maybe it should say English (Canada) same thing as USA isn't it?

Logos302

I think that there should just be a data format selection that isn't based on the location, that way you can configure it how you like.  

• Like 2

Maybe it should say English (Canada) same thing as USA isn't it?

Date formatting in Canada is a real PITA. English Canadians tend to lean towards mm/dd/yyyy vs French Canadians tend to use dd/mm/yyyy, however this is not guaranteed in either case. The safest bet all around is ANSI date format of yyyy-mm-dd as there is no ambiguity.

PrincessClevage

Date formatting in Canada is a real PITA. English Canadians tend to lean towards mm/dd/yyyy vs French Canadians tend to use dd/mm/yyyy, however this is not guaranteed in either case. The safest bet all around is ANSI date format of yyyy-mm-dd as there is no ambiguity.

But isn't USA the product of some smart Canadians?

I was having a Digg after the aussie convict comments if you havnt cottoned on yet :P

Guest asrequested

Are there any plans to have the UI responsive to mouse movement? Such as when I move the mouse cursor over a show in the TV guide, it will highlight it. And when I move over the library titles, they will highlight and scroll when I move to the end. It's a bit of a pain having switch to the keyboard, all the time. The TV guide I can right click and achieve the same thing, but scrolling the library titles I have to use the keyboard. Having the UI responsive to the cursor position would solve a lot of this. Obviously, this is in TV mode not desktop.

Are there any plans to have the UI responsive to mouse movement? Such as when I move the mouse cursor over a show in the TV guide, it will highlight it. And when I move over the library titles, they will highlight and scroll when I move to the end. It's a bit of a pain having switch to the keyboard, all the time. The TV guide I can right click and achieve the same thing, but scrolling the library titles I have to use the keyboard. Having the UI responsive to the cursor position would solve a lot of this. Obviously, this is in TV mode not desktop.

I have to say that the behavior of automatically scrolling when the mouse moved to the edge of something was one of the most maddening things about the WMC interface.  That behavior can turn trying to click on something into a game of space invaders :).

So, I wouldn't want us to try and mimic that.  Instead use normal conventions like scrollbars or the mouse wheel.

Guest asrequested

I have to say that the behavior of automatically scrolling when the mouse moved to the edge of something was one of the most maddening things about the WMC interface. That behavior can turn trying to click on something into a game of space invaders :).

So, I wouldn't want us to try and mimic that. Instead use normal conventions like scrollbars or the mouse wheel.

Ha! Space invaders lol. Yeah, I know what you're saying. And I would love to use the scroll wheel for the library selection, if you guys implemented the ability. So maybe not scrolling, but the highlighting would be helpful.

Koleckai Silvestri

Ha! Space invaders lol. Yeah, I know what you're saying. And I would love to use the scroll wheel for the library selection, if you guys implemented the ability. So maybe not scrolling, but the highlighting would be helpful.

I use the mouse exclusively in Emby Theater. Including the scroll wheel. There is hardly ever any need to use the keyboard. Especially since search never seems to work.

Though, the Scrollbars are kind of ugly. I wish they were replaced with left and right arrows that are common on mobile apps instead. Or that they could be hidden completely. Never use them anyway.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

I tried to hide them, but that was greeted with complaints :) I guess there are still a few users using mice without a scroll wheel.

Guest asrequested

I use the mouse exclusively in Emby Theater. Including the scroll wheel. There is hardly ever any need to use the keyboard. Especially since search never seems to work.

I'm the same, I don't have a remote. My suggestions aren't from necessity, just convenience. In my case, the libraries extend past the edge of the screen, using the mouse the only way to access them is click on the last visible library and force them to scroll, and then click again. It would be nice if I could put the cursor over them and scroll with the wheel. For this to happen, the UI has recognize the position of the cursor. This would be reflected by highlighting that area. This would add better functionality, I think.

Koleckai Silvestri

I just place the mouse over the middle of Emby's window and use the scroll wheel. Scroll down moves to the right. Scroll up moves to the left. I don't have to move it until I am ready to select something off the screen. Works both windowed and full screen.

Koleckai Silvestri

Doofus is talking about the library titles though  ;)

Oh.. the tabs across the top. A library title is "Die Hard" an item in my library. I just have Movies and TV myself. No point having other libraries because the functionality has been watered down over the years and everything crosses over anyway.

Yea the mouse wheel needs to be fixed for those top tabs. You can also drag them with the mouse or your finger for the time being.