Emby Theater

Luke

Can the rows between the guide data when there is a backdrop have a darker line like they are without a backdrop. Seeing the background through the grid lines is distracting.

​I would also tweak the row height to see can a additional channel row be shown.

My guide data provider only provides 7 days of data but double is displayed and all a blank.

What happened to the coloured lines that we used to have they served no purpose to me it it just injected a bit of colour.

5850c70f324d9_Capture69.png

This is without the background which is better the grid lines are darker.

5850c9010cff9_Capture700.png

Edited by denz

Another item that needs to be looked at is the scrolling in tv guide I don't think it is correct behaviour. In theatre time display changes and depending on the programme below you can go back to start of the day. In WMC or Kodi I would still be at the same position as the clock never changes while you press the up and down arrows.

For example I selected Mythbusters and when I press down I am now on National Nine news and as you see the clock has gone backwards and I now see 4pm and if I kept going down I just go further back.

In WMC and Kodi the time is fixed I can press any arrows and I will be still in that screen and the clock will only move if I pressed the left arrow while in 16.30 programme box. In WMC I went down from Mythbusters to Nine News but the difference the time hasn't changed even though the programme starts at 4pm. WMC puts an arrow to notify you that the programme starts earlier.

Hopefully this make sense.

5850cf854b20d_Capture200.png

5850cff92a770_Capture701.png

5850d36fba96d_Capture707.png

5850d12185930_Capture702.png

Edited by denz
  • Like 2

In web client it has a much better thumbnail for a movie in now playing as you can see. Since there are thumbnails for movies any chance that non movie cards can use thumbnails for the shows that i recorded and it would be great if you could hide the series if there is no episodes that way i could record a lot of shows just for the thumbnail since my guide data provider will not provide thumbnails and no schedules direct since they issued a trial that most of us didnt know about.

post-1589-0-82495600-1481806375_thumb.pngpost-1589-0-79087200-1481806405_thumb.png

Guest asrequested

Just a minor quibble, here. I know we are generally using the 3dot icon for settings, but in ET it just doesn't look right. What about putting a circle around it, maybe a solid green circle, with the dots vertical? This a terrible mock-up, but something like that....?

5858a93958fe5_Snapshot_404.jpg

Edited by Doofus

• 2 weeks later...

You can now click the series and season name to quick jump. It is remote friendly as well.

• Like 2

I've pushed a couple nice updates to the web version of Emby Theater 

• Volume level is now remembered
  • Now supports seeking Live TV

Enjoy your new ability to seek Live TV. Look for that to be added to other editions in the near future.

• Like 2

puithove

I've pushed a couple nice updates to the web version of Emby Theater 

• Volume level is now remembered
  • Now supports seeking Live TV

Enjoy your new ability to seek Live TV. Look for that to be added to other editions in the near future.

Just tried it in Chrome.  Was in fact able to seek backward in LiveTV.  Yay!  However, not able to seek forward to catch back up with real time.  Neither of the hotkeys (the right-arrow, or Ctrl-Shift-F) worked, nor using the onscreen button.  Both keyboard combos and onscreen button for seek backward work fine.

Noticed that using a mouse to click on the seek bar I can go both back and forward, so it seems like an input issue or something.

puithove

And let me just say I'm excited to see some of the work starting to make its way to ET.  I'm waiting to see it in the Windows Desktop version mostly.

• Like 1

puithove

Tested those, no problem found. Glad you are enjoying seeking Live TV.

Hmmm.... well, I'm able to reproduce on two different machines - Chrome on Windows and Chrome on Linux.

Edit:  And Firefox on Linux

Edited by puithove

Currently there is lots of live sport in Australia during the summer on many channels and the current implementation of the guide it keeps going all over the place some clicks I go back to early in the morning or go to the channel logo. I can't remember my pin to use remote desktop to show a picture of kodi or wmc but in the previous post #1852 you can see the comparison.

586c750910fca_Capture57.png

Edited by denz

In web client Record Series and Record button are the same size and in theatre they are not it looks better if they are both the same size.

Trash can is not the same size as the buttons next to it and needs a bit of space between icons and can it be shifted further to the left so two extra clicks are eliminated there is still way too many clicks involved but eliminating two extra clicks will be a huge improvement.

To go to the series is great feature the only thing that doesn't look good is when you come back the series name turns into a button it just doesn't look great. Maybe having the show name with green font if there is a series most users will quickly find out that they can press on it.

I also think the buttons should stay the same rather than change as you move from play, record, record series and changing settings as you can see in the last picture it just doesn't look right.

It would also be useful having episode title slightly smaller font as some are very long.

Deleting an episode it takes you to the series instead of back to the screen that you were in so this is a bug.

When watching live tv that it displays name of the show curreinstead of just a channel name. Maybe have show name at the top and episode title at the bottom similar to shows that have metadata.

Mini guide is needed two or three rows currently it is bit slow with starting live tv so rather not stop it and hopefully later down the track you can go to full guide without stopping live tv like you can in wmc and kodi.

Thank you

586c789115b30_Capture80.png

586c78a1e1c43_webclient.png

586c7a3b09b07_Untitled588.png

586c8f4c92841_Untitled50.png

Edited by denz

@ always does the great gif animation so I did one as well showing difference in guide between theatre and wmc. There is a big difference theatre as I said is all over the place in au it is tennis season and cricket season and they run for many hours for those who like sport like I do it is great coverage. As I said previously in wmc and others you always stay in the same time it is fixed. Hopefully this can be fixed.

Hopefully the gradient and the thumbnails that are used in web client can start appearing in theatre. Web client looks really good now.

586dbd9171009_gif.gif

586dbda6ed41a_wmcgif.gif

Edited by denz
  • Like 1

Thanks @@denz I will look at that.

In other news, the video OSD now has a full screen toggle button. Enjoy.

Thanks @@denz I will look at that.

In other news, the video OSD now has a full screen toggle button. Enjoy.

I can see it but I think it should be hidden if you are in tv mode, If I am in tv mode it should always be in full screen mode and I wouldn't want to go to windowed mode. In wmc if you happen to go to window mode by doing something on the pc if you press the green button it goes to full screen.

Edited by denz