Emby Theater

Luke

Still no iso playback with external player PowerDVD 16

To my knowledge this is not an Emby Theater problem. The focus here was on the internal video player. If you feel there is something we need to address then please start a new topic about it, thanks.

soundsnake8

I have no idea what you are talking about. sorry if I offended you but I was using version 2.5.40 and it played iso's just fine. I updated to the new version and overwrote the older version and now part of it does not work. where would I start to address this issue ?

I have no idea what you are talking about. sorry if I offended you but I was using version 2.5.40 and it played iso's just fine. I updated to the new version and overwrote the older version and now part of it does not work. where would I start to address this issue ?

As always by following the guidelines of how to report a problem. Thanks !

jbl77

2.6 is headed up and includes the new video player. You will need to reconfigure your audio and video settings. Enjoy the new performance :)

after i got the broken install fixed....playback performance degradation. :(

aptalca

I'm using the latest uwp on win 10 (sp3) and on the homescreen, the "more" buttons next to each section leads me to an all white screen and the app becomes unresponsive. Everything else seems to work, though.

I'm using the latest uwp on win 10 (sp3) and on the homescreen, the "more" buttons next to each section leads me to an all white screen and the app becomes unresponsive. Everything else seems to work, though.

Thanks for the feedback. We'll take a look.

rewsteruk

I only installed Emby Theater for Windows on the 1 May (version 2.5), was happy that it seemed to handle bitperfect lossless HiRes audio because it used WASAPI and exclusive mode, yesterday it autoupdated to 2.6, 2.6.1, now 2.6.4 this morning and these options are gone and i can hear the cursor UI sound whilst music is playing so not bitstreamed.  Also the upmix audio channels for >  music, really should be off by default but is always switches itself back on when switched off.

My TV does not display refresh rate, but it appears that option to switch refresh rate is missing too.

Is there a way to go back to 2.5? 

Edited by rewster

I only installed Emby Theater for Windows on the 1 May (version 2.5), was happy that it seemed to handle bitperfect lossless HiRes audio because it used WASAPI and exclusive mode, yesterday it autoupdated to 2.6, 2.6.1, now 2.6.4 this morning and these options are gone and i can hear the cursor UI sound whilst music is playing so not bitstreamed.  Also the upmix audio channels for >  music, really should be off by default but is always switches itself back on when switched off.

My TV does not display refresh rate, but it appears that option to switch refresh rate is missing too.

Is there a way to go back to 2.5? 

@ we can add an exclusive audio mode setting. We will add it for the next update. Thanks.

@ there is a setting for exclusive audio mode in 2.6.5. Thanks !

rewsteruk

@@Luke, thanks for the quick fix, seems to work (ie cannot hear emby and system gui sounds and system volume does not turn volume up and down, amp shows 96kHz 2 channel). 

One little issue when you stop playing audio the Emby GUI sounds do not return.

Can I ask, is the music now playing in WASAPI exclusive mode? (like the video audio passthrough probably is), there was a separate options in 2.5.40 for WASAPI and exclusive mode and Sound Device, are they all being used then this new option is selected and applied to the current default audio device (mine being a Marantz AVR).

@@Luke, thanks for the quick fix, seems to work (ie cannot hear emby and system gui sounds and system volume does not turn volume up and down, amp shows 96kHz 2 channel). 

One little issue when you stop playing audio the Emby GUI sounds do not return.

Can I ask, is the music now playing in WASAPI exclusive mode? (like the video audio passthrough probably is), there was a separate options in 2.5.40 for WASAPI and exclusive mode and Sound Device, are they all being used then this new option is selected and applied to the current default audio device (mine being a Marantz AVR).

@, it's intended to be for video only. 

• 2 weeks later...
rewsteruk

@@Luke, updated to 2.7.1, I don't know which version inbetween broke it, but exclusive mode for audio is no longer working, I can hear system sounds and system volume is active.

rewsteruk

@@Luke, updated to 2.7.2 still not working I can hear the UI sounds and main volume still works.

I tried foobar2000 to test, that behaved the same way on your first fix for me in Emby, No UI/System sounds and the main volume control has no effect in exclusive mode.

Check the settings in the app and make sure it is enabled, thanks.

Guest asrequested

Audio exclusivity isn't working for music, but it is for video.

Video

[ao/wasapi] Trying 7.1 spdif-truehd @ 192000hz (exclusive) -> ok

Music

[ao/wasapi] Trying 7.1(wide) s16 @ 44100hz (shared) -> ok
Edited by Doofus
  • Like 1

PrincessClevage

Adding to the FF and RW not working in the latest ET stable, also when you select an actor inside a movie I can not click down on the remote to view/select the movie the actor has been involved in (although I can see the tops of several movies listed)

Edited by PrincessClevage

blade005

Adding to the FF and RW not working in the latest ET stable, also when you select an actor inside a movie I can not click down on the remote to view/select the movie the actor has been involved in (although I can see the tops of several movies listed)

@@PrincessClevage

FF and RW working in updated ET stable. I did an uninstall and a fresh install from website earlier this afternoon and it is working.

PrincessClevage

@@PrincessClevage

FF and RW working in updated ET stable. I did an uninstall and a fresh install from website earlier this afternoon and it is working.

Thanks, I did the same and FF and RW are also working on my system. When selecting an actor from within a single movie view I still can not use the down button on the remote to select/view other movies the actor has been involved in my collection ( I can see the top of several movie covers tho)

Guest asrequested

There's a lot of wasted space here. Guide information is the most important. We still have one more day at the top than there is in the guide. If you correct that, you can move the day/date selection to the top of the screen. And the new edition of the arrows at the bottom? I don't see any real use for those. They are taking up valuable space.

5921c1db97bbc_Snapshot_141.jpg

The arrows at the bottom only show up if you have a massive number of channels. They are really just temporary until we implement virtual scrolling and then we won't need them at all anymore.

Version 2.7.6 brings a few important improvements:

• Downloads are now split by x86/x64 architecture. The sizes are now cut in half which means that both installations and updates will be faster now.
  • We have reverted to an older version of Electron. This has restored the 60fps animation in the UI that you were previously accustomed to. We have noticed that in some limited environments, newer versions of Electron are not reaching 60fps and this is resulting in degraded UI performance. If you have been noticing this then you will want to update asap. 
  • When launching videos there is a nice little splash screen just like the web app has.

Enjoy.

• Like 1

mattyg8

I am having an issue were when I exit Emby Theater then try to restart it that it wont start, I have to go to the task manager and kill emby theater before it will re open.