Can't click Play/Record buttons in Live TV Section

JeremyFr79

JeremyFr79

When using the LiveTV section if I select a show from the guide I can no longer navigate down to select play, record etc, I can only click the Station name, or go up to the search/user menu at the top.

Thanks for the report. The focusing on that screen needs to be improved. I will get some fixes out for it tomorrow. Thanks.

JeremyFr79

Thanks for the report. The focusing on that screen needs to be improved. I will get some fixes out for it tomorrow. Thanks.

Thanks, It was working then it stopped I guess I should have mentioned it's while using a WMC remote.

puithove

I was coming to report the same thing.  The only way I can launch any LiveTV currently is to us the "Play" keyboard combo (Ctrl-Shift-P) without going into the show details screen - because on the details screen I'm not able to move the selector to any of the play buttons.  Upon entering the details screen, the channel name is highlighted and the selector will only move between the channel name and the search / user buttons.

I had reported something similar a while back (can't find the post now) but at that time it was only affecting shows in the future timeslots.  It's now affecting all LiveTV.

LiveTV in Theater really needs some love right now.  It's pretty broken and seems to be getting worse.  I know the focus is on the web client right now - I'm hoping that it's not going to be long before we start seeing some of that work coming over... *hint*

puithove

First there's this:  https://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/42303-cant-click-playrecord-buttons-in-live-tv-section/

You cannot move the selector to the play button in the detail screen of a LiveTV item.

So the only way to actually play something is to use "Play" command (on keyboard this is Ctrl-Shift-P) from the guide without going into the detail screen.  BUT WAIT!!!

If I do that from the guide grid on an actual show from one of the timeslots (yes, I've made sure it's the current show) it doesn't play that LiveTV item, it plays back a movie from my move library!!!  What?  I don't know if it's coincidence or what, but it happens to be the 1st movie in my library based on alpha-numeric sort - which is "2 fast 2 furious"

So... the only way right now I can play something from LiveTV from the guide is to move the selector to the channel name itself and hit Ctrl-Shift-P.

I'll repeat.  THIS IS BROKEN.  And because of the update model that ET is being done under, it's not like I can roll back to a working version.

This needs to be FIXED, and this model needs some more serious thought.  When it's critically broken, there needs to be either a quick fix, or we need a model where we can roll back.

What's worse, I've seen other announcements that other little niggly things (like the delete button being changed) have been added since that first issue above was reported.  I'm sorry Emby guys... but this is beyond frustrating.

I've attached a log from ET where I demonstrate it playing the movie instead of the LiveTV item.

theater-63616868030.txt

puithove

I've been wanting to push the wife to over to ET and move away from Kodi.  It's issues like these that she refuses to use it.  Refuses.  I have to say I'm starting to see her point.

FWIW - something that has been reported since this version of ET was first shown to the world is still there... and it's another thing that she complains about... the ability to use pageup/pagedown.

That and a whole list of things that make the LiveTV stuff just seem unfinished.  We see this stuff talked about frequently but don't seem to be getting any action while a whole bunch of other new stuff pop up frequently (just saw something about a photo screensaver plugin - really?) while basic functionality gets seemingly ignored.

I pushed a fix for the play button yesterday, your installation should pull it down within 24 hours of that. Thanks.

• Like 1

bungee91

2nd on the pageup/pagedown, scrolling through the guide with remotes that don't auto repeat the down arrow is especially frustrating (I have one of these).

I asked for this many pages back in the main Theater app thread, so at least it isn't only me.

I also noticed the lack of being able to click play on a recordings detail screen the other day, only could scroll to the channel name that looks clickable (odd) and the top right profile icon.

Fortunately I have a gyration remote, so I moused over, but this defeats the 10 foot interface and remote friendly nature that is a main reason for Theater (WMC wouldn't play that shit, however it also doesn't get updated).

To be fair, the photo screensaver plugin is not an official Emby developed plugin, he was merely repping the person who created it.

Kind of nice when others add value, and the credit it rightfully deserved to the people who do develop for Emby pro bono.

My wife likes WMC, and for Live Tv/recordings it is still superior in many ways (nothing to do with DRM).

• Like 1

puithove

Ok, I've gotten the fix for the LIveTV detail screen - I can now move the selector to the Play button.

However, the issue with Ctrl-Shift-P from the guide grid screen is still broken.  If you use that key combo (it's the "Play" keyboard command) it still plays that movie from my local library.  This is consistent across multiple devices (4 to be exact - one of which is a fresh new install), so I know it's not just a broken install.

Edited by puithove