Emby Theater

Luke

@@Luke - thanks! for the continued improvements

Any chance having a look a focus issue as above.

(Can confirm still exists with 2.5.3)

Thanks

2.5.4 is up and has a fix.

GlennNZ

2.5.4 is up and has a fix.

Thanks!

See the commits - testing now..

Looks good - electron gets focus and remotes work!

Yah!

Glenn

DigiTM

Running 2.5.4.  OSD is always on when playing a video and doesn't hide after a short time.  Pushing all buttons on MCE remote doesn't make it go away.

Confirmed it works okay watching a movie, but for TV episodes it isn't working.

Edited by DigiTM

DigiTM

All good here. Just watched 4 eps in a row. No complaints

Sent from my HUAWEI MT7-L09 using Tapatalk

Hmmm, might try uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch.  It's bizarre it only is doing it with TV Shows.  If I grab the mouse and double click to minimize and maximize twice it does go away.  Also when pausing there is no OSD in TV Shows.

Edit: nope reinstall didn't fix it.  Noticed the OSD where pause etc is located is offset on the TV as well.

Edited by DigiTM

jordy

OK, Just watched a few more and not seeing this. Did see it on the previous version - 2.5.3 but it's all good now. BTW I'm running the latest dev server - 3.1.6048.32438 just in case that's the difference?

Edited by jordy

Hmmm, might try uninstalling and reinstalling from scratch.  It's bizarre it only is doing it with TV Shows.  If I grab the mouse and double click to minimize and maximize twice it does go away.  Also when pausing there is no OSD in TV Shows.

Edit: nope reinstall didn't fix it.  Noticed the OSD where pause etc is located is offset on the TV as well.

I can't reproduce this, sorry. Ensure that your mouse isn't moving.

xryptic

Running 2.5.4.  OSD is always on when playing a video and doesn't hide after a short time.  Pushing all buttons on MCE remote doesn't make it go away.

Confirmed it works okay watching a movie, but for TV episodes it isn't working.

Hmm, I am also facing the exact same issue on 2.5.4. The previous version was fine. Movies are OK but not TV shows. Not sure whats the problem.

DigiTM

I can't reproduce this, sorry. Ensure that your mouse isn't moving.

Using wireless mouse so decided to unplug it and just try with remote.  OSD stays on screen with TV shows.

Then ensure that nothing else is generating any button presses or simulated mouse movement.

Good news - the metadata editor is now available in Emby Theater. Just select "Edit Info" from any context menu. I am working on getting the text copied over in OneSky so that's why you see the "LabelTitle" unlocalized text. That should get squared away soon. Aside from that it's fully functional.

DigiTM

Then ensure that nothing else is generating any button presses or simulated mouse movement.

I started playing then I unplugged all USB devices including remote and Xbox 1 controller and it still doesn't disappear.  I never had this issue until 2.5.4, in fact Theater has been a fantastic app that I applaud all your hard work doing.

Have to go to work, when I get home I will try again and see if I can post report logs.

Edited by DigiTM

GlennNZ

I started playing then I unplugged all USB devices including remote and Xbox 1 controller and it still doesn't disappear.  I never had this issue until 2.5.4, in fact Theater has been a fantastic app that I applaud all your hard work doing.

Have to go to work, when I get home I will try again and see if I can post report logs.

If it relates to some app giving or taking focus  (which is where there have been some needed changes)  

This little app (with code and binary on github) shows what has current focus and whether anything is taking focus and/or returning it.

https://github.com/glaretechnologies/focusmonitor

Glenn

DigiTM

Fixed the issue with the UI always showing.  I removed Theater and uninstalled the HDMI CEC thing it installed.  Restarted PC and reinstalled Theater but chose to not install the HDM CEC thing.  Now working.

• Like 1

denz

I just noticed that when you go to recordings and click the 3 dot menu and select delete and you delete a recording it takes you back to the home screen instead of keeping you in the recordings screen.

Noticed some recordings do not have a thumbnail can there be a fall back that it tries again.

Hopefully there will be some work in the recordings screen to make it better more like wmc.

Thank you

xryptic

Fixed the issue with the UI always showing. I removed Theater and uninstalled the HDMI CEC thing it installed. Restarted PC and reinstalled Theater but chose to not install the HDM CEC thing. Now working.

Thanks, complete uninstalling and installing back helps!

Ixionx

Fixed the issue with the UI always showing.  I removed Theater and uninstalled the HDMI CEC thing it installed.  Restarted PC and reinstalled Theater but chose to not install the HDM CEC thing.  Now working.

I had to do this as well. I don't have a mouse connected, but the OSD would stay on until I uninstalled the HDMI CEC addon. 

Actually no, I tell a lie, the OSD is still stuck on. If i minimize emby theatre and open it back up again twice, it disappears however.

Additionally I can't get the OSD to re-appear once doing this.

Edited by Ixionx

Ixionx

I can also report that the OSD sticks when playing anything from the TV category, but not when playing Movies. 

I'm seeing the same things on 3 separate HTPC boxes, all different models, but each is running Windows 10 and Emby Theater 2.5.4.

Emby Server Version is 3.0.6000.0

AdrianW

I can also report that the OSD sticks when playing anything from the TV category, but not when playing Movies. 

I'm seeing the same things on 3 separate HTPC boxes, all different models, but each is running Windows 10 and Emby Theater 2.5.4.

Must be something specific to yours and DigitTM's setups - the OSD doesn't stick for me on two separate installs.

Try GlennNZ's suggestion in post 1564 so that we can collect some data. While it might be related to the recent focus fix I added, it's difficult for me to change it since I can't reproduce the problem. My only guess right now is that something is triggering window focus which in turn might be triggering a mouse move event.

ABNParatrooper

I haven't thru all the posts, but in his mouse settings, is anything like mouse trails etc? Also, it maybe the type cursor selected. Like for me , I like to use the big black cursor, and I also like to see the mouse trails. Maybe removing the mouse drivers if any were installed.

Ixionx

Try GlennNZ's suggestion in post 1564 so that we can collect some data. While it might be related to the recent focus fix I added, it's difficult for me to change it since I can't reproduce the problem. My only guess right now is that something is triggering window focus which in turn might be triggering a mouse move event.

Hi Luke, 

I just ran the FocusMonitor.exe for a few minutes and nothing appears to be stealing the focus from C:\Users\luke\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theatre\system\x64\electron\electron.exe

I tried this both with running a TV ep, OSD stuck on, and a Movie OSD disappears after a few seconds.

I've also tried completely uninstalling and removing all traces of Emby Theatre, and a fresh install with both the CEC drivers installed and uninstalled and still having the same results.

There are no pointer trails or anything like that enabled for the mouse in the system settings. I don't actually have a mouse or keyboard connected to any of these systems, just an MCE remote.

I do have Teamviewer and MobileMouse installed however. I'll try uninstalling them now and report back with any successes/failures.

The fact that there is a difference between running a TV ep and a Movie however indicates to me that it's likely a code change in Emby causing the issue, not another piece of software interfering? 

Thanks for looking into this, it's greatly appreciated. Mediabrowser/Emby has been and continues to be awesome for the many years that I've been using it.

Ixionx

Hi again, 

This is interesting... I've found that when playing TV episodes, if the episode has a thumbnail then the OSD will disappear, if it doesn't then it sticks on the screen. 

I know there was a thumbnail there in previous versions of Emby Theatre. My daughter has been watching Shaun the Sheep on loop for months, so I'm not quite sure why the thumbnails have just disappeared and would be preventing the OSD from fading out? A loading issue maybe where if it can't load in the thumbnail the OSD hangs? 

Not working https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nhcjQ1KVvdSW1aY0ZseHNjSzA/view?usp=sharing

Working https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nhcjQ1KVvdNTIxMmVlU0xjUEk/view?usp=sharing

Hope that narrows down things a bit.

I also just tried removing all mouse drivers, Teamviewer, Mobilemouse, and this didn't fix anything.