Emby Theater

Luke

ABNParatrooper

If you are windowing it to do other things, I would assume your focus is not on it at that time. With that being said, it might be moot at that point since you can't look at the other things you are doing and look at the ET at the same time. Just food for thought.

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

If you are windowing it to do other things, I would assume your focus is not on it at that time. With that being said, it might be moot at that point since you can't look at the other things you are doing and look at the ET at the same time. Just food for thought.

It's very easy to scan back and forth while listening, and track activity. In fact, when watching TV, that would be preferable. TV shows are very simple. No need for it to have your full attention. 

Is there any chance that we can have an option in live tv to not replace thumbnails generated by ffmpeg or what ever process is called to extract thumbnail from a recording with primary image of metadata. The reason is that recorded tv looks like crap in the current form

There is an option for downloading tv metadata I like the metadata it is very useful I just don't like the thumbnails because the sizes are different All the channels in Australia are broadcasting in 16:9 format so all the thumbnails will be in the same format shows that are 4:3 have a black stripes but the thumbnail is still 16:9. 

Thank you

57cd16d61e22d_Capture500.png

57cd1731077ae_Capture.png

Any chance the recordings can get the overview as what is on the tv guide like is the show repeat, channel name, description. As you can see from the screenshot it just has episode name when will it finish and day recorded. It would be even better if the day recorded is actual day of the week like it is in WMC.

Sometimes I may set up record everything and instead of changing the record settings I just look at the description and delete the recording having that information would be very useful. Currently all the recordings have no description of the show as reported previously.

Even with lack of info it is still slow to appear at the bottom as you go over the recordings. Hopefully that can be improved.

If you are using all the tuners and want to watch live tv you just get spinning circle there should be a message pop up all the tuners are in use do you want to cancel recording in progress or similar.

Currently I can schedule more recordings than I have tuners available which is clearly incorrect. It should pop up a message again that you need to cancel a recording.

Thank you

57cd1974c7c37_Capture100.png

57cd1940a2ed3_Untitled.png

AdrianW

TV shows are very simple. No need for it to have your full attention. 

You're watching the wrong shows ;)

(Try not paying attention to Mr. Robot)

I'm not sure that paying attention works with Mr Robot anyway. At least for last weeks episode  :wacko:  

puithove

Based on feedback I've made some adjustments to the left/right buttons during video playback and also added fast-forward & rewind buttons. Enjoy.

Couple things on this:

1. I see that left / right arrow keys are now the adjustable skips (ctrl-shift-F / B still work too) - that's cool
  2. What keyboard keys (combo) is now the chapter or big skip?
  3. With the onscreen ff / rw buttons... to get to them you have to press either up or down to bring up the OSD... but then the OSD has a fixed time before it hides again.  So if you're wanting to use the ff / rw buttons several times for a bunch of skips, it's probably going to hide in the middle of skipping.  Can we maybe do something like up arrow to bring up the OSD and down arrow to dismiss it?

Guest asrequested

lol....I should probably try watching it, again. I tried when it first aired, but I was disappointed.

Good news. Emby Theater has been approved for Xbox One. We'll let you know as soon as it's available in the store. Enjoy.

• Like 7

Would it be possible if you started watching a recording and come back to it that the play button changes colour to indicate that you have watched part of it or that the text changes to resume instead of play.  In WMC if you watched something a new option is added to a recording called restart. In emby you click on play you are prompted for that restart or resume I think it is preferable to know beforehand that I have started watching this show.

Instead of going to three dot menu to delete a recording a trash can icon could be added next to the three dots.

Thank you

Edited by denz

1. maybe do something like up arrow to bring up the OSD and down arrow to dismiss it?

Its time-out should just be re-set with each interaction so that it disappears that amount of time after you last press a button.

@@Luke Well I downloaded Emby Theater for Xbox One today and already have some bugs to report. Are you a doing a separate thread for these? Or just open a new thread?

Edited by BAS
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

LUKE! The selection to show new episodes in the guide....AWESOME! LOVE IT!

One issue though. The back arrow doesn't work when clicking on it. I have to use backspace to get out of the page

57cf82f7534d2_Snapshot_244.jpg

Edited by Doofus

jasonmcroy

@@Luke, I just noticed that you have incorporated the left/right arrow for the 30 seconds up, 10 seconds back skipping! Thank you so much for doing this. It makes using Emby Theater so much easier for me now and I can ditch Kodi altogether. 

I have also downloaded the App on the Xbox and the left/right arrows on my Harmony remote are working there as well. I haven't had much time to test it out greatly, but so far it's working great for me. 

CBers

Just installed it on my Windows 10 PC, but it can't connect manually to my Emby server !!

Will check out the logs.

ABNParatrooper

Turn off your firewall for a bit and see if it connects. If it does, you may need to open the port it uses, 8096. I have two servers, so I use different ports on them.

CBers

Turn off your firewall for a bit and see if it connects. If it does, you may need to open the port it uses, 8096. I have two servers, so I use different ports on them.

That's nothing to do with it, as I have the Emby server sitting in a browser window on the same PC as I've just installed ET.

The Emby server is on a separate PC.

Is ET free on the Xbox One?

It was for me! But it might be because I have a gold MB supporter star, sticker in my dashboard.

I feel like I'm in grade one again... The only gold star I ever got... Thanks emby! Lol!

• Like 1