Emby Theater

Luke

2.4.5 is up on the website and it's mostly an update of internal components along with a vertical scroll fix on the video settings page. Enjoy.

• Like 1

bungee91

First post, long time lurker.

Wondering if/when a detailed recording management screen will be included in Theater?

Such as a listing of upcoming, currently recording, and "series" (or season pass; Tivo) editing options?

Also maybe some options in the default skin to choose the default landing page for each (wife says its confusing, and I tend to agree), such as: default view, all shows, favorites, recently added.

Just to add, the circles look great!  :P

Thanks for the efforts, I've recently purchased the lifetime premiere as I was impressed with where this is headed.

Still primarily a Kodi household, but getting closer to making the switch.

Edited by bungee91

chef

Now that they rolled out Microsoft Cortana on Xbox one, is there any chance of utilizing the voice commands with the theatre app on the console?

I read once that there are JavaScript commands that are available to add to the webpage that allow for interaction with the speech commands in Xbox one, is that on the agenda?

Now that they rolled out Microsoft Cortana on Xbox one, is there any chance of utilizing the voice commands with the theatre app on the console?

I read once that there are JavaScript commands that are available to add to the webpage that allow for interaction with the speech commands in Xbox one, is that on the agenda?

Yes.

• Like 2

Apologies if this has been asked, but will this app be getting sync functionality?

Yes.

• Like 2

What kind of user interaction would you guys expect with voice input for Emby Theater? There's really a lot we could do. For instance, we could have voice input running all the time and require sentences to start with a name, such as "Emby, play XXX". Or, we could do it like the mobile app does and require a button press to activate it, then speak a command.

techywarrior

Requiring a button press reduces the convenience factor for me. It's really handy to just say "xbox pause" etc. when my girlfriend has to go to the bathroom in the middle of a movie.

Although... I can't wait until I say something like "Cortana, play xyz" and the Xbox, my phone, and my laptop all activate Cortana and try and play something. <sarcasm> ROFL

• Like 1

chef

I just got Cortana working in the Xbox one. It updated this morning.

I keep saying "Xbox" instead of "Hey Cortana", but that will pass I'm sure.

I think that having the same idea as Xbox one, where the tiles highlight might be a great option.

You could have emby always listen for a main command word or phrase to grab the speech engines attention, then load commands based on what is in the screen.

If that is possible.

Can you utilize the Cortana voice to read the description of the media item?

@@techywarrior if you don't have Cortana on your Xbox one, then i could send you an invite to that preview program, and then you would get the update :)

Edited by chef
  • Like 1

techywarrior

Thanks chef but I can't afford to have the Xbox One running preview/beta OS as it's our main entertainment (with the exception of Emby of course :) ) I'll wait till Aug 2 along with all the other peasants oh mighty wielder of your preview ticket. :P

• Like 1

Xzener

Chef, I could also use an invite. ;)  Gamertag: LEONYDUS

Been waiting to try Cortana... Is the public rollout slated for August? I could probably hold out till then.

Edited by Xzener

Guest asrequested

What kind of user interaction would you guys expect with voice input for Emby Theater? There's really a lot we could do. For instance, we could have voice input running all the time and require sentences to start with a name, such as "Emby, play XXX". Or, we could do it like the mobile app does and require a button press to activate it, then speak a command.

I'd like continuous passive listening, like the Amazon Echo......any chance you have plans to connect to Echo?

Update:

After thinking a little more about it, I think it might be better to click a button and speak. I think it would be good, when clicking it, to have any active audio lowered. When I have something playing, I've noticed that my echo doesn't hear me as well, so having the volume lowered would be a good idea.

Edited by Doofus

A fix has been pushed for the issue of gamepad input controlling Emby Theater even when the app is minimized. This will help with external players for games. Enjoy.

For those wondering about the HDMI-CEC installation, it gives you an OK/Cancel dialog which you are free to cancel if you don't want the feature, and it won't bother you again about it after that. The only thing we don't currently have is the ability to have it prompt again in the event you change your mind and don't want it. Currently that will require a re-install. We'll look at that for a future release.

2.5.1 is headed up and contains a very important improvement. Thanks to some fullscreen fixes with the latest version of Electron, the app is finally able to use true fullscreen mode with the OS as opposed to the "fake" fullscreen mode that you were seeing before. I think this is going to help with situations like resuming from sleep or receiver turning on and off leading to loss of fullscreen.

Additionally, due to the a change in the way video renderer settings are stored, you'll need to reconfigure your Video Renderer. The default is now Auto, which will allow the app to decide which one to use based on the hardware available.

• Like 2

GlennNZ

Luke,

A development Theatre question -thanks - How do I programmatically give focus to the new Emby.Theater?

When I give focus to the running Emby.Theater process it does not allow remote control.  (I can confirm emby.theater process has the focus)

When I click on Emby.Theater to force focus - a focus app tells me that one of the electron processes (ID204) has focus.  However this process has no MainWindow or MainWindowHandle and I cannot programmatically give it focus?

Any thoughts?

Glenn

Glenn

Luke,

A development Theatre question -thanks - How do I programmatically give focus to the new Emby.Theater?

When I give focus to the running Emby.Theater process it does not allow remote control.  (I can confirm emby.theater process has the focus)

When I click on Emby.Theater to force focus - a focus app tells me that one of the electron processes (ID204) has focus.  However this process has no MainWindow or MainWindowHandle and I cannot programmatically give it focus?

Any thoughts?

Glenn

Glenn

You should just give focus to the external facing process, Emby.Theater.exe, and then from there it's the app's responsibility to make sure the electron window has focus.

GlennNZ

Thanks. In that case - there is current issue with focus. (version 2.5.2)

If I give focus to Emby.Theater - it comes to the front and keeps focus (Focus to Emby.Theater.exe (as focus app shows), but remote control/keyboard commands do not work.

If I click on running Emby Window - focus goes to the electron process (..\system\x64\electron\electron.exe) and remote/keyboard etc works

(https://github.com/glaretechnologies/focusmonitor - this shortcode shows current focus well)

Glenn

Edited by GlennNZ

Some enhancements are up for vertical list views when using either the mobile or desktop layout mode. Now you'll see the 3-dot menu to the right of each list item with many of the same commands as the built in web-app. It doesn't quite have all of them yet, but they're on the way.

GlennNZ

Another ET issue:

After 1/2 day of thinking I was the issue - have found that commands sent via Remote and confirmed with Swagger, Run with a response 204 - but do not change volume.

eg.

http://localhost:8096/emby/emby/Sessions/c0d8e3e9f3bba3846ba3d2d4884fe65b/Command/SetVolume?api_key=82618a3dbab34fd4a09aeba89d4cfd6a

(with body :

{Arguments:{"Volume":"75"}}  )

or

http://localhost:8096/emby/emby/Sessions/c0d8e3e9f3bba3846ba3d2d4884fe65b/Command/VolumeUp?api_key=82618a3dbab34fd4a09aeba89d4cfd6a

(but same ToggleMute command does work)

Glenn

Glenn

Good news, the menu button on your remotes can now pull up the context menu for selected items. The corresponding WMC keyboard shortcut is control+d.

• Like 2

swhitmore

Good news, the menu button on your remotes can now pull up the context menu for selected items. The corresponding WMC keyboard shortcut is control+d.

Love this feature. Thank you. Is is possible to make context menus not fullscreen? I've noticed that some of them are, and it feels a little jarring.