Emby Theater

Luke

I doubt it did that but you can just install from the website on top of your existing install.

I tried closing 2.0.1 down and reopening several times but it still came back at that version. On the last go it updated to 2.5.8. Weird!

Update: I am using Teamviewer to remote access the HTPC. When I go in and close and restart Theatre remotely it opens but then goes to a black screen. Double clicking on the black screen opens Theatre and lo and behold it shows version 2.0.1. I have to go to the HTPC and close Theatre from there for it to return to 2.5.8. Any idea what is going on?

Edited by Heuer

techywarrior

Should both the UWP version and the stand alone version of Theater be 2.5.8? My UWP version says 2.0.1 even though it appeared to take a very long time to open the other night (typically indicating it is downloading an update).

I have a slew of issues with the UWP app on my tablet but if 2.0.1 isn't the latest for the UWP app then I will hold off and test on the current one to see if my issues have been resolved. (I would hope so because it's almost unusable on a touch tablet)

Should both the UWP version and the stand alone version of Theater be 2.5.8? My UWP version says 2.0.1 even though it appeared to take a very long time to open the other night (typically indicating it is downloading an update).

I have a slew of issues with the UWP app on my tablet but if 2.0.1 isn't the latest for the UWP app then I will hold off and test on the current one to see if my issues have been resolved. (I would hope so because it's almost unusable on a touch tablet)

No, they will have their own version numbers. Xzener reported that the touch experience in the UWP app is much better now.

techywarrior

Ok, I'll put together my list and post it some time. Last night I couldn't even get the OSD to display to stop/pause/exit a video I was watching. And the day before it wouldn't pull up the episode list for any of my TV shows. (but I'll get a real list going)

Xzener

No, they will have their own version numbers. Xzener reported that the touch experience in the UWP app is much better now.

Seems hit or miss... Mostly hit though.

techywarrior

They never said a date or anything. Best we got was "soon". But with the update that just went live to non-insiders that specifically fixed crashing and some other issues with UWP apps on Xbox hopefully "soon" is now sooner.

They are doing the same thing with Edge extensions. They opened it up to a select few. Let people use them for a while so they can get live telemetrics and see if there are any issues on a wider range of devices/uses, then will open it up to everyone. Probably one of the smarter things they have done lately... although I want them to hurry up :)

TrainAss

I'm on ET 2.5.9 now on Windows 10 and have noticed that in addition to being unable to "Up" to the search, stop is no longer working. I'm using a Windows Media Centre remote profile on my Harmony One remote. I've also tried an actual WMC remote, and get the same thing. To check whether it was Win10 or ET, I fired up a movie in VLC as well as an audio file in WMP and both respond correctly to Stop.

I'm not sure what the keyboard command is for stop, otherwise I'd try that as well to test.

TrainAss

Update to 2.5.10 for the stop fix.

Thanks @@Luke. Of course, the one thing I don't try. I blame this cold which is kicking my ass (and on the last day of my vacation too! Ugh!).

arrbee99

How do I get ET settings to stick - try to change video settings and save, back out, look again and they're back on Auto. Try to add an external player, tell it which one (hopefully), save, back out, look again and its disappeared.

Guest asrequested

Luke, I don't know what you did, but ET is suddenly very quick to start playback. Almost instantly. Fabulous job!

I'm testing out ET and I'm using 2.5.10 but I have not been able to get the MadVR OSD to work when playing video.  I have confirmed that Ctrl + J is the correct shortcut in the MadVR settings but I get nothing. It does work with KODI and JRMC.

I'm testing out ET and I'm using 2.5.10 but I have not been able to get the MadVR OSD to work when playing video.  I have confirmed that Ctrl + J is the correct shortcut in the MadVR settings but I get nothing. It does work with KODI and JRMC.

We've never enabled that. To be honest I don't recall it ever coming up so I think it just hasn't been tested before.

AdrianW

With ET running in a window bring up the MadVR config (via the MadVR tray icon) then navigate to "User Interface > keyboard shortcuts" and uncheck "use only if media player has keyboard focus".

I also changed the Ctrl-J shortcut to something else that my Harmony remote can send - so I can now toggle the MadVR stats screen on and off for ET via a single click on a remote button.

• Like 1

The issue is that the UI window has focus in Emby Theater, not the video player window. So for us to support control-J, the UI window will have to catch it, then relay the command to the video player. It just hasn't come up before so that's why it's not done.

Notfast

I'm testing out ET and I'm using 2.5.10 but I have not been able to get the MadVR OSD to work when playing video. I have confirmed that Ctrl + J is the correct shortcut in the MadVR settings but I get nothing. It does work with KODI and JRMC.

I have not yet used ctrl + j shot cut in 2.5.10, but it worked fine in 2.5.9 and 2.5.8 for sure. I have used that shortcut for long time with Emby theater.

It works Fullscreen and in window mode.

Edited by Notfast

AdrianW

I have not yet used ctrl + j shot cut in 2.5.10, but it worked fine in 2.5.9 and 2.5.8 for sure. I have used that shortcut for long time with Emby theater.

It works Fullscreen and in window mode.

Ctrl-J still working fine for me in 2.5.10.

With ET running in a window bring up the MadVR config (via the MadVR tray icon) then navigate to "User Interface > keyboard shortcuts" and uncheck "use only if media player has keyboard focus".

I also changed the Ctrl-J shortcut to something else that my Harmony remote can send - so I can now toggle the MadVR stats screen on and off for ET via a single click on a remote button.

Perfect - this will do what I want for now...  thanks!

Any chance some of these bugs can be looked at it and how can we assist for them to be fixed as they are annoying

Date not following the local setting dd/mm/yyyy and 24 hour clock

No title overlay on some of the recordings and when it shows it shows too much information like year

Clicking on a recording of a series or news show it shows movies as similar too

Channel icons in the tv grid can they be resized so they don't go over the channel number

Clicking on a recording it doesn't tell you the date it is recorded or the channel it gives you the date when the show originally started not really needed. It doesn't give you any description but when you go to record from a tv guide the description is there.

Deleting a recording takes you all the way back to the home screen.

The detail screen of the recordings it has the episode name and number and it is just confusing it is ok for the shows that have metadata but the shows that don't it is so confusing it should be separated. Title dash episode title with the episode and season number below.

An option for us that don't have metadata for shows that all the thumbnails of a recordings are of the actual recording and if it has metadata that only background gets changed but not the actual recording thumbnail. Currently it looks terrible if I record movie it has a poster of a movie which is totally different size to the rest of the recordings.

When browsing recordings it takes few seconds for the title and the duration at the bottom of the page to be displayed it should be so much quicker and again the title shouldn't have in it episode and season.

Option to have how many rows you want to be displayed in WMC you have one or three.

TVguide to be a bit slimmer it has too much wasted space.

Ability to cancel recordings.

Thank you

57bd9a78b326a_1.png

57bd9c4f5b94e_2.png