Emby Theater

Luke

DigiTM

Wondering when shutdown will be implemented in Theater?  Currently it just has an exit command even after all the updates.  Just curious, not pushy  :P

AdrianW

I just tried clicking the Sleep option and got this:

Uncaught Exception:
Error: Cannot find module 'sleep-mode'
    at Module._resolveFilename (module.js:440:15)
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:388:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:468:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
    at sleepMode (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp\main.js:131:25)
    at Function.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp\main.js:183:21)

and clicking Shut Down gives me this:

[Window Title]
Error

[Main Instruction]
A JavaScript error occurred in the main process

[Content]
Uncaught Exception:
Error: Cannot find module 'power-off'
    at Module._resolveFilename (module.js:440:15)
    at Function.Module._resolveFilename (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\x64\electron\resources\electron.asar\common\reset-search-paths.js:35:12)
    at Function.Module._load (module.js:388:25)
    at Module.require (module.js:468:17)
    at require (internal/module.js:20:19)
    at shutdownSystem (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp\main.js:141:24)
    at Function.<anonymous> (C:\Users\Adrian\AppData\Roaming\Emby-Theater\system\electronapp\main.js:186:21)

Edited by AdrianW

DigiTM

2.5.12 has added sleep and shutdown commands to the back menu.

+1

Although I was only asking about it, not demanding lol

Thanks for implementing some of the suggestions. Feedback from changes overlay on the recordings is very useful since it is so slow getting info when you scroll in WMC the title and episode is shown immediately. Latest recordings all show thumbnails of the actual which is perfect but will know once I record a movie does it display the actual thumbnail of the movie or movie cover hope it doesn't this way it looks so much better.

Overlays on now playing is not needed as it is showing the same info as in the middle of the card this only makes it look busy it looks much better before without the overlay.

It would be great if we could be able to search the tv guide WMC you have options whether that is necessary I don't know the only one that I use a lot is title or keyword.

57c0d7ef458f2_Capture2.png

Emby theater has a search button but it doesn't show results of the tv guide only of what you have recorded and what is already in your library.

57c0d9d70c00d_Capture50.png

In WMC the details are displayed immediately as you scroll in the Theather it is very slow so the overlay is very helpful. 

57c0db292c650_Capture505.png

In WMC when you go to record it tells you that it is a repeat screenshot for comparison 

57c0dcedb56cd_Capture9005.png

In Theater it doesn't tell you that and that is very helpful 

57c0dd1c828d4_Capture980.png

57c0dd35a6afd_Capture900.png

Once it is recorded this is all it has this is the previous episode and in wmc once it is recorded it will look exactly like the screenshot above it will have description channel that was recorded etc. Here I just get a confusing title it should say either Body of Proof in capital or a separate line and Commited below and if it is a repeat it should say. S3, E10 shouldn't be in the title it just looks confusing and it should be down below. I find the WMC look much better having a Repeat is much more useful to me than s3 and e10.

57c0dd5da025c_Capture9880.png

Some more feedback I have changed the recordings of movies that it puts it in the movies library however now it doesn't display in the latest recordings I would have thought it should be there as well. If I was to delete it from recordings screen it should just delete the link without actually deleting the movie from the movie library.

This is the latest recordings it displays the poster of the movie however as you can see that is stretched and it doesn't look good how come if I look at the web client movie the heat and police academy they look so much better and why they can't be used as they are landscape 16:9 if we can't get the screenshot of the actual recordings. 

Last picture of the recordings screen that just looks horrible all the recordings thumbnails should be the same size as the ones in the latest recordings. 

Just deleted one recording and now the latest recordings thumbnail got changed again you can't win here. 

Thank you

57c22ce315abe_Capture950.png

57c22d404b5fb_Capture1600.png

57c22ea5d7ff9_Capture965.png

Recording deleted and now the thumbnails changed now the movies thumbnails look good but the other recordings are squashed. 

57c22fd2ec2ea_Capture968.png

Edited by denz

Check the date added value in the editor. That's not true about deleting. If you delete is deleted. There's no such thing as just being a link.

This looks much better without the overlays in now playing etc and keeping overlays in the recordings. One little bug if you go to movies tab and go to live tv or to other tabs the description at the bottom does not disappear as you can see at the bottom of the image Terminator Salvation.

Not sure what you mean check the date added value in the editor.

Also if you delete a recording that has been autoorganised it doesnt delete the automatically created folder so it still thinks the movie or the series is still there.

Thank you

57c3fbf988b05_Capture.png

Edited by denz

Something has recently happend with install plugins the green button has gone to the top right and clicking it doesn't do anything. Pressing enter does however work.

Thanks

57c5039a1b3e4_installedplugins.png

Edited by denz

I not sure have I noticed it before but when using tv.emby.media through the web browser it is displaying the date and time correctly as set up in the regional settings. So is this issue a pc setting issue or emby theatre application issue still.

Thanks   

57c50e73180f5_Capture98.png

An early version of the image editor is now available in context menus to try out and play with. Not all features are available yet but you can see all current images, delete, as well as move backdrops left and right. And it's all remote friendly. Enjoy.

• Like 2

Minor enhancement added to the web version - you can now double click to toggle fullscreen. that's both during video playback as well as just when browsing around. I'll get an explicit icon for that added soon. Enjoy.

• Like 2

I have enabled serverwmc to see does the show description show up and it sure does. For comparisons I have made the same recording using emby and as you can see the bottom screenshot it has a lot less info then the wmc recording. The other difference for wmc recording it is suggesting series and the one recorded with emby shows movies. That S*M*A*S*H that should be M*A*S*H but it is picking up a wrong show.   

The other useful items missing is the actual channel name that this recording was recorded on and time of the recording having this will be a welcome addition as then you can search again for that show or maybe in that 3 dot menu have record series or next to play button record series. Both will be good. The three dot menu is getting extremely lengthy.  I would think having a delete button on the main screen would be helpful and quicker it could be placed near the tick mark.

Thank you

Recording from WMC

57c91313e64e9_Capture150.png

Recording made in emby

57c912e85cf32_Capture600.png

Lastly in active recordings in the web client the wmc recording shows the channel that it is recording and emby doesn't have that info hopefully it can be added.

57c917fc3dce2_Capture.png

I've pushed subtitle improvements for all platforms based on Edge. That includes the Edge browser on the desktop, windows phone, tablets, and Xbox One. And this also applies to the UWP app. The improvement is that we used to have to work around Edge problems by displaying the subtitles with our own custom presenter, but now that Edge has improved we're able to use the native presenter, and it looks very nice. Enjoy.

• Like 1

When you start playing music why doesn't it default to the now playing screen? surely that'd be prefered behaviour?

Based on feedback I've made some adjustments to the left/right buttons during video playback and also added fast-forward & rewind buttons. Enjoy.

Guest asrequested

when maximized it already uses a windows api to mark the window as always on top.

I know that, but I often window it and do other things. It's not a big issue, I was just wondering if there were an plans for implementing it.

Edited by Doofus