Emby Theater

Luke

Love this feature. Thank you. Is is possible to make context menus not fullscreen? I've noticed that some of them are, and it feels a little jarring.

It's apple tv inspired, you know, keeping you only thinking about one thing at a time. they could definitely be prettier. in desktop and mobile mode they are not fullscreen.

swhitmore

It's apple tv inspired, you know, keeping you only thinking about one thing at a time. they could definitely be prettier. in desktop and mobile mode they are not fullscreen.

Ah ok. I wouldn't jump to far into taking inspiration from Apple TV, that UX has a long way to go. I'll post some screenshot comparisons when I get home, but the window look 10x better than the fullsceen imo.

Good news - right click context menus are now available on posters. 

Additionally, when in desktop layout mode, you now get fancy slide up menus when hovering the mouse over the posters.

• Like 2

Additionally, when in desktop layout mode, you now get fancy slide up menus when hovering the mouse over the posters.

I think we will have to seriously consider the elevation of a statue in your effigy.  :)

Guest asrequested

That's awesome! I see you corrected the scroll bar, too. Fantastic job! ...... Buuuuut.... using the scroll wheel in desktop mode still flies you through have of your collection. Any chance we can get that fixed?  :)

Good news. The multi-select feature is now available in desktop and mobile layout modes. If you're not familiar with multi-select, just click and hold on a poster, or tap and hold. You can then perform bulk operations on items you select.

It is not yet available in TV layout mode simply because the process of selecting is not yet remote friendly. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Koleckai Silvestri

Mouse scrolling is broken in version 2.5.3. I just barely touch the scroll wheel and it jumps to the end or the beginning of the list. In reality, it should scroll one or two titles. No changes have been made to my mouse settings or my system. The only thing that has changed is that the system finally upgraded from 2.4.5 to 2.5.3. Mouse scrolling works properly in other applications.

Edited by Koleckai Silvestri

Mouse scrolling is broken in version 2.5.3. I just barely touch the scroll wheel and it jumps to the end or the beginning of the list. In reality, it should scroll one or two titles. No changes have been made to my mouse settings or my system. The only thing that has changed is that the system finally upgraded from 2.4.5 to 2.5.3. Mouse scrolling works properly in other applications.

Try turning the mouse wheel a little more gently :) Kidding aside, it should be fixed now, just restart the app. thanks.

Guest asrequested

If you change to tv mode, it's fine. It only happens in desktop, and has been for a long time. We've been talking about it, here: http://emby.media/community/index.php?/topic/36948-emby-theater-scrolls-too-fast/

Guest asrequested

Try turning the mouse wheel a little more gently :) Kidding aside, it should be fixed now, just restart the app. thanks.

Much better! Great job, Luke! The library loads faster, too  :)

Good news. In mobile and desktop layout modes, there are now drag handles next to playlist items that allow you to easily re-order playlist items. Enjoy.

• Like 1

I've added a sleep protection feature. If video playback is left unattended for a long period of time (3 hrs), you'll get a dialog box asking if you're still watching. If you don't respond to that within 60 seconds, playback will stop. By unattended I mean zero user input, so if you move the mouse or press a key, the timer starts over.

This will help prevent you from falling asleep and having your entire series end up getting marked as watched. Or alternatively, we could just do some periodic loud beeps to keep you awake :)

Guest asrequested

I've added a sleep protection feature. If video playback is left unattended for a long period of time (3 hrs), you'll get a dialog box asking if you're still watching. If you don't respond to that within 60 seconds, playback will stop. By unattended I mean zero user input, so if you move the mouse or press a key, the timer starts over.

This will help prevent you from falling asleep and having your entire series end up getting marked as watched. Or alternatively, we could just do some periodic loud beeps to keep you awake :)

What if I'm watching a movie longer than 3 hours (there are many)? I don't want a popup in the middle of a good scene. Is there an option to turn this off, or change the length of timer?

Edited by Doofus

Until it's configurable, rest assured knowing that any kind of input on your part will reset the timer. Chances are over a 3 hour period, you're going to do that at least once.

AdrianW

I think this is a good idea - perhaps make the dialog as unobtrusive as possible (slide up from the bottom similar to the current OSD, with any button press to dismiss).

• Like 1

techywarrior

If I am watching by myself I have no need/desire to stop/pause a long movie to get up. Now, when my girlfriend is watching with me it seems like we have to pause every hour... so annoying. lol

• Like 1

Good news - the context menus for playlist items and collection items now support removing items from the playlist or collection. it is remote friendly but currently in TV mode the only to pull it up is if your remote has a menu button, so that's obviously not meeting the 6-button goal. So that will need to be improved upon, but at least the function is available now.

For Xbox One I've been pleased with the performance of the app, so I've gone ahead and enabled the scaling animation for selected posters, just like the other editions have.

GlennNZ

Thanks. In that case - there is current issue with focus. (version 2.5.2)

If I give focus to Emby.Theater - it comes to the front and keeps focus (Focus to Emby.Theater.exe (as focus app shows), but remote control/keyboard commands do not work.

If I click on running Emby Window - focus goes to the electron process (..\system\x64\electron\electron.exe) and remote/keyboard etc works

(https://github.com/glaretechnologies/focusmonitor - this shortcode shows current focus well)

Glenn

@@Luke - thanks! for the continued improvements

Any chance having a look a focus issue as above.

(Can confirm still exists with 2.5.3)

Thanks

Edited by GlennNZ

@@Luke - thanks! for the continued improvements

Any chance having a look a focus issue as above.

(Can confirm still exists with 2.5.3)

Thanks

Haven't looked into it yet, sorry.

New feature up - new content notifications. These are nice because they use the native notifications system of the operating system, so on Windows 10 you get the nice overlay that slides in and out. They are disabled during video playback.

This is supported by the web version as well as the Windows version (requires Windows 10). I haven't yet tested it on Xbox One. Enjoy.

ABNParatrooper

I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if there was a recommend specs list out there for best performance of the application? Also, is it OK to have Emby Theatre and server on same machine or should I have separate machines?

• Like 1

mediacowboy

Also, is it OK to have Emby Theatre and server on same machine or should I have separate machines?

Yes I currently have it this way. Edited by mediacowboy