Emby Theater

Luke

Guest asrequested

Here's a question I've been pondering. With music playback, is it the intention for it to follow the speaker configuration in the settings or remain stereo? I'd love to be able play my music through all my speakers without changing my receiver setttings

Edited by Doofus

denz

It would be very handy if there was sound notifications when you press the record button.

I would instead of having edit recordings I would have cancel recording and move edit recordings into the three dots menu.

Have one click recordings like you do now when you press the record button.

It is wonderful to see so much progress being made.

Edited by denz

mentasm

Last day or so I have been experiencing issues coming back form screensaver.  Have had to resort to killing ET.  Hitting esc seems to force skip to next image.  Alt tab fails to properly shell out to windows.  Nothing I have tried with mouse or remote has been successfully able to return to ET once it is in this state

I've added rotating backdrops to detail screens. Enjoy.

In the future I would like to play with a parallax backdrop design for detail screens that would be capable of incorporating multiple backdrops. I think that would be a much more modern design than rotating backdrops. But until I'm able to look at that, I've thrown in the rotation because that's pretty easy.

• Like 1

I've added a dynamic time indicator to the guide so that you can visualize where the current program is

5755a93b5dc4d_Untitled.png

• Like 1

Guest asrequested

So here's a curious thing I discovered. Looking at the 'Because you watched...' section, it shows a movie that it apparently thinks not only that I own, but I've watched. I neither own it or have seen it. The movie is circled in red. All other movies it's suggesting are in my collection.

57561b2b11eea_Snapshot_100.jpg

• Like 1

jordy

Yeah, I've seen that too. It was a trailer... Can't remember if it was local or on the web. Will check next time.

Lawrage

Please remove these circles or give us an option to turn it off.

@@Luke if not is there any css I can put in to make them square again?

Edited by Lawrage
  • Like 1

JDizzy

I've added rotating backdrops to detail screens. Enjoy.

In the future I would like to play with a parallax backdrop design for detail screens that would be capable of incorporating multiple backdrops. I think that would be a much more modern design than rotating backdrops. But until I'm able to look at that, I've thrown in the rotation because that's pretty easy.

Thank you very much!

Always nice to view something more than a static image when playing music in Now Playing screen.

Is this using images that are defined in the backdrop section in artist database or extrafanart folders in artist's folders?

Just curious so I know where to put/save them.

Edited by JDizzy

Guest asrequested

I get that as well for internet trailers (cinema mode)

I knew it was a trailer. I just don't know why it's in that section. It should only show movies in my collection, and definitely shouldn't show that I've seen it.

because they're just meant to be suggestions. things you might like. there are a lot more movies out there than besides just what you have in your library.

Guest asrequested

It looks like the 'NEW' tag  has been  removed from the guide. I hope this comes back. Now I have to click on an individual show and go to the details page to see if it's new or not....a real pain, which I won't be doing. 

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

because they're just meant to be suggestions. things you might like. there are a lot more movies out there than besides just what you have in your library.

Well I guess I'll just ignore that section, then  :)

Koleckai Silvestri

Still should be an option to show trailers or not. I don't consider trailers from a channel to be library content and it shouldn't be suggested. It is also very weird when it says "Because you watched Die Hard" and then have the Die Hard trailer as a suggestion. 

I know your suggestion will be will be to just uninstall the trailers but you've removed much of the pre-existing trailer functionality so if I want trailers for my existing movies, i.e. for a visitor, then I can't.

• Like 1

Still should be an option to show trailers or not. I don't consider trailers from a channel to be library content and it shouldn't be suggested. It is also very weird when it says "Because you watched Die Hard" and then have the Die Hard trailer as a suggestion. 

I know your suggestion will be will be to just uninstall the trailers but you've removed much of the pre-existing trailer functionality so if I want trailers for my existing movies, i.e. for a visitor, then I can't.

Actually that one is just an open issue on the dev & beta branches. That does not occur on the stable branch so as far as the general audience is concerned, it will have never existed :)

AdrianW

Those of you who'd like to see the squares back on the login screen - or at least an option to choose between squares and circles - please "Like" the first post in this thread: Please change ET login user icons back to squares. Then perhaps Luke will take the request seriously.

@@Nikolaech, @@speechles, @@Lawrage

Edited by AdrianW

Koleckai Silvestri

Actually that one is just an open issue on the dev & beta branches. That does not occur on the stable branch so as far as the general audience is concerned, it will have never existed :)

Trailers have shown as suggested items for me for the last two years in all clients. How does is this kept separate from stable branches?

Trailers have shown as suggested items for me for the last two years in all clients. How does is this kept separate from stable branches?

Yea trailers are there but the duplicate filtering based on imdb/tmdb id's has to be re-implemented. During this development period the way the suggestions get queried has changed and some of the smaller finishing touches such as that need to be done all over again. Of course it will by the time the current beta goes stable. 

AdrianW

I have my own local trailers - and I ended up setting the collection to "Home Videos" instead of movies which prevents them from appearing in suggestions - BUT because they have the same id as movies, once I get the movie in my collection it's automatically marked as watched (because I'd watched the trailer a few months earlier).

Any chance of just ignoring content (for watched status and suggestions) that is shorter than a specified length (say 3 minutes) ?

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 1

Guest asrequested

I don't really mind having trailers be in that section, but they should be designated as a trailer and should not be displayed as 'watched'. The other thing is if you click on it, it takes you to the details page with the play button. Which clearly won't play the movie, just the trailer.

• Like 3

Wilky13

Those of you who'd like to see the squares back on the login screen - or at least an option to choose between squares and circles - please "Like" the first post in this thread: Please change ET login user icons back to squares. Then perhaps Luke will take the request seriously.

@@Nikolaech, @@speechles, @@Lawrage

How do you vote if you prefer circles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

AdrianW

How do you vote if you prefer circles?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

<_<

Well, if we get an option for both - then there'd be no need to vote for circles.

justpig

@@Luke in post 1417 it was mentioned that there is an edit subtitles feature that is accessible using the 3 dot menu option; I am on the latest version of ET and there is no such option in the 3 dot menu.

@@Luke in post 1417 it was mentioned that there is an edit subtitles feature that is accessible using the 3 dot menu option; I am on the latest version of ET and there is no such option in the 3 dot menu.

well it's only for admins and video files.