Emby Theater

Luke

DigiTM

Hi again, 

This is interesting... I've found that when playing TV episodes, if the episode has a thumbnail then the OSD will disappear, if it doesn't then it sticks on the screen. 

I know there was a thumbnail there in previous versions of Emby Theatre. My daughter has been watching Shaun the Sheep on loop for months, so I'm not quite sure why the thumbnails have just disappeared and would be preventing the OSD from fading out? A loading issue maybe where if it can't load in the thumbnail the OSD hangs? 

Not working https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nhcjQ1KVvdSW1aY0ZseHNjSzA/view?usp=sharing

Working https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8nhcjQ1KVvdNTIxMmVlU0xjUEk/view?usp=sharing

Hope that narrows down things a bit.

I also just tried removing all mouse drivers, Teamviewer, Mobilemouse, and this didn't fix anything.

Same thing that was an issue on my end too.  Guess I was just lucky then by uninstalling Theater, HDMI CEC driver, and removing all traces from PC.  On restart reinstalled Theater without HDMI CEC and it luckily worked.  On this I noticed the poster view then showed up.

My USB devices that are plugged in with W1064: MCE remote, Xbox One Controller, Lightpack.  No keyboard or mouse plugged in since I use Xbox One Controller to act as a mouse and keyboard in Windows desktop mode.

Edited by DigiTM

Can we please have an option to turn off backdrops throughout the interface besides on the final media page or whatever its being called these days. Performance on XB1 takes a serious hit with these especially in the all movies or all series areas.

• Like 1

sangerhonda

I can also report that the OSD sticks when playing anything from the TV category, but not when playing Movies.  Tried uninstalling, restart, install but not the HDMI CEC but still have OSD stick only on TV shows.

ABNParatrooper

Not sure if this has been suggested or tried, but, disconnect your HTPC from your TV, and look at Emby Theatre on a regular monitor (if you have one), see if the issue still persists. It would be interesting to see if there are any thing common in the type of TVs/resolution between those having the issue.

Can we please have an option to turn off backdrops throughout the interface besides on the final media page or whatever its being called these days. Performance on XB1 takes a serious hit with these especially in the all movies or all series areas.

For now I've just disabled it altogether on xbox one.

• Like 1

DigiTM

I can also report that the OSD sticks when playing anything from the TV category, but not when playing Movies.  Tried uninstalling, restart, install but not the HDMI CEC but still have OSD stick only on TV shows.

That's the other thing I did which I forgot.  I toggled to desktop view, then switched back to TV view in settings.

Some minor happenings to report:

- The startup wizard is now fully mobile friendly. You should have no issues on a small screen. While the interior of the application is not yet mobile friendly, the setup phase should be.

- The text from the metadata editor has been completed so that is fully functional now.

- I added some additional notifications for administrators. Open Emby Theater, then use the web client to install a plugin. The plugin installation is just one example of a notification.

sangerhonda

reporting back on the OSD sticking on TV shows.  Changed the display view from auto to TV and OSD no longer sticking.

reporting back on the OSD sticking on TV shows.  Changed the display view from auto to TV and OSD no longer sticking.

Hi, thanks for the report, but probably a coincidence. Auto will pick TV mode unless it's a mobile device.

Guest asrequested

I thought we were able to cancel an in-progress recording in ET?

579ac86f59eff_Snapshot_174.jpg

579ac8a5bda5d_Snapshot_175.jpg

Edited by Doofus

Hi im not sure if this is available. I just moved from the wmc version to theatre, in wmc i had square as a theme & it use to show the latest tv or movies as the first set of grids on the left, in theatre mode it shows to the left  as the first grids  watching/continue watching for movies or tv. Then the latest shows/movies further across to the right.

In the theatre settings is their somewhere i can swap the grids layouts around.

mentasm

At this time the only way to do that is to fork the default skin and make your own edits.

I did it a while back, but my skin has fallen behind the current updates to the skin because I'm not very good with github and merges

AdrianW

The back menu circles are now ellipses and the bottom edges are cut off by the captions:

579c88209a275_Screenshot57.jpg

BTW - still not a fan of the circles  -_-

Edited by AdrianW
  • Like 2

bungee91

I thought we were able to cancel an in-progress recording in ET?

579ac86f59eff_Snapshot_174.jpg

579ac8a5bda5d_Snapshot_175.jpg

Nope, we can't do much at all with recordings, currently killing the WAF here.

I asked about this in this thread on 7/5 with no comment or reply about implementing this (IMHO this should have been priority when adding the LiveTv functions to ET).

Hopefully can get some input soon.

First post, long time lurker.

Wondering if/when a detailed recording management screen will be included in Theater?

Such as a listing of upcoming, currently recording, and "series" (or season pass; Tivo) editing options?

Guest asrequested

Nope, we can't do much at all with recordings, currently killing the WAF here.

I asked about this in this thread on 7/5 with no comment or reply about implementing this (IMHO this should have been priority when adding the LiveTv functions to ET).

Hopefully can get some input soon.

Yeah. Recording management for recorded shows was added, but not for in-progress recordings. @@Luke is this intended for the future? The only way we can do this right now, is in the web browser.

Edited by Doofus

Guest asrequested

A few observations.

When windowed, the user icon and minimize button are so close their active areas are overlapping. So when using the mouse and I go to click the user icon, I end up minimizing.

579d492b5aeae_Snapshot_183.jpg

Also, when in desktop mode, the library names are much smaller. Not necessarily a bad thing, they fit better, but a little too small for a big screen.

579d4977b6ce1_Snapshot_1831.jpg

denz

As I suggestion can the recordings thumbnails be from the screenshot of the actual recording and not replace it with thumbnails from metadata websites because they squash the recording thumbnails which are in 16:9 format as you can see it the first picture. The overlay should have something like this if it is a movie the overlay should say Movie:Cool Running and to keep the background picture change that is a really neat feature. If one recording has an overlay so should all of them in this home screen This will give it more polished look. 

The same thing for the recordings tab as you can see it just looks horrible the way it is laid out hopefully we can option like in wmc as a single horizontal line or multiple horizontal lines if you choose to do so. Currently it just looks like it has been all thrown in and it looks horrible when you compare it to wmc and to me wmc is the benchmark. However saying that the developers have certainly done improvements that are better than wmc like metadata the background change and many more.

Thank you  

579d46f43d9d6_Capture99.png

579d470e95f05_Capture98.png

• Like 1

Good news - The Identify function is now available in Emby Theater, and it's remote friendly.

Also added quick play buttons overlayed onto posters for mobile and desktop mode. Enjoy.

• Like 3

irengineer

Good news - The Identify function is now available in Emby Theater, and it's remote friendly.

Also added quick play buttons overlayed onto posters for mobile and desktop mode. Enjoy.

Luke - I'd like to make another request for making the movie categories selectable like the legacy version.  This is still holding me from upgrading.  Having to arrow over the all movies section is a WAF and CAF killer.  Thanks.

• Like 1

Erik

I think its is referring to being able to click/enter on the title (movies/tv shows/..) along the top and have it go directly to the all movies/all tv shows/...

Instead of having to click down a couple of times to get the same result.

Not a big deal imo, but would be nice to have for sure.

• Like 7

swhitmore

+1 I navigate all the time like this, and would love to be able to jump to a library like that.

• Like 2

muppets4

What I would like is that theater gets some 'memory'. When you enter the movie details and go back, you go back to the first movie. Thats not very handy when having hundreds of movies. Also, when deleting a movie or serie, you go back to the home screen, what is even worse.

• Like 7